Start by marking “Two Little Girls in Blue” as Want to Read:
Two Little Girls in Blue

Two Little Girls in Blue

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  23,404 Ratings  ·  1,288 Reviews
In this riveting thriller from Queen of Suspense and #1 New York Times bestselling writer Mary Higgins Clark brilliantly weaves the mystery of twin telepathy into a mother's search for a kidnapped child, presumed dead.

When Margaret and Steve Frawley come home to Connecticut from a black-tie dinner in New York, their three-year-old twins, Kathy and Kelly, are gone. The poli
Published March 20th 2007 by Pocket Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Two Little Girls in Blue, please sign up.
Lisa I took your question to mean would it be PG or PG-13. I think it could be either one, simply because the idea of kidnapping (and actually seeing it…moreI took your question to mean would it be PG or PG-13. I think it could be either one, simply because the idea of kidnapping (and actually seeing it happen) can be frightening. The little bit of violence described can easily be done off-screen. There is no 'language'. Also, the idea of sex abuse of a child is introduced, but it not done and certainly not shown.(less)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonAnd Then There Were None by Agatha ChristieAngels & Demons by Dan BrownRebecca by Daphne du MaurierIn Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Best Crime & Mystery Books
5,185 books — 12,726 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingAnd Then There Were None by Agatha ChristieMy Sister's Keeper by Jodi PicoultHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingThe Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
Best Twists
2,516 books — 5,124 voters

More lists with this book...

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Two Little Girls in Blue is by Mary Higgins Clark. I listened to the audio version of this book.

twin girls:

The adorable little twin girls, Kathy and Kelly Frawley have just turned three years old. These two girls are closer than close as twins often are. They are inseparable and have their own way of communicating known as twin talk. Their parents are now out for the evening and the girls are at home with a baby sitter. This night, though, ended in a way that is a parent’s nightmare. When they returned hom
Diane
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great writing..suspenseful,riveting and very defined characters....(paperback!)
Poonam
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it

This is the first book that I am reading by author Mary Higgins Clark. Talking about her writing style, it kind of reminded me of Sidney Sheldon books.

There are short stanzas each of few pages in different peoples perspective due to which this makes for a fast read. The constantly changing point of view in the story can be a problem for few people but I was not bothered by it.

The plot-line of the book is interesting. Identical 3 year old twins are kidnapped and there is a ransom demand.
Sharon
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-read
Twins Kathy and Kelly have just celebrated their third birthday. Helping out with the celebrations is nineteen year old, Trish Logan. After the party, Trish stays back to babysit the girls as their parents have to attend a black-tie dinner party in New York. Knowing that the girls had such a big day, Trish knew once they were tucked up in bed she wouldn't hear a peep out of them.

Margaret and Steve Frawley return home from their dinner party only to find the police in their home. They are both in
Zoeytron
I should have run screaming from this book for the title alone. What was I thinking? Cliched. Cloying. Mediocre. A real clinker. My opinion only, of course. Not sure that I have read anything else by this author, but I will be in no hurry to try another.
Mandy
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This author never fails to deliver. Great mystery about twins who are kidnapped. Made me want to hold my kids tighter.
Ana Tijanić
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Sasvim korektna krimi priča.
Amanda McGill
Jun 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
Blah I need to take a break from MHC. Two Little Girls in Blue wasn't a mystery at all and it was super boring!

Two little twin girls in blue get kidnapped and are being held for ransom. Now it would of been an interesting plot, if the reader wasn't aware of everything about the kidnapper and their future actions. I found that there was no mystery since we knew who had the twins and it's Mary Higgins Clark, you know that there will be a happily ever after.

I also hated how many random characters
Michael
Jun 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ellen
Oct 23, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one at all, ever
This was the worst book I've read in a long, long time, and trust me, I've read some very bad books. Two little girls in blue, lad, two little girls in blue...

Not only were the characters flat, without any dimension or real character (imagine that, a character having character, who'd have thought!) but the story lacked a certain little something called depth. Everything I read was surface stuff, with no emotion or feeling. The whole thing sounded like you are being told what happened by a non-pa
Gretchen
This is not one of MHC's better books, in my opinion. It just dragged on...and on...and on...It was REALLY slow. Blech. The idea of the twins' telepathy being AS in depth and detailed as described was REALLLLLLY far fetched. Like...to the point of idiocy and laziness. This wasn't a fun mystery read even, because MHC left out SO many of the crucial details that you don't even get the opportunity to try to solve the mystery as you read, which is half of point of reading a mystery novel (at least, ...more
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
Your average mystery/crime novel. I didn't find this to be thrilling, but it kept my attention well enough. I thought the idea of the telepathy to be the most interesting piece of the book. I found the author to be a bit disconnected from the characters - there was a lack of strength in the emotions that'd be associated with a crime such as abduction. I've seen lots of Higgins-Clark's books around and so I thought I'd give one a go but although I found this to be a decent enough read, I don't ha ...more
Khawla Abdulaziz
اسلوب الروائية دائماً جميل وممتع
لكن في هذه الرواية كان ممل لا يشد إلى انهائها
للأسف ليست رائعة كروايتها لقد سمعت هذه الأغنية من قبل
Sharon Huether
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three year old twins Kathy and Kelly were missing after their babysitter was found unconscious the evening of their birthday party
Kelly and Kathy had telepathy between them.
When the ransom was met Kelly was returned home, but not Kathy. Kelly could feel all of the pain that Kathy endured. She knew exactly were Kathy was.
Morana Mazor
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Očekivano dobar krimić Mary Higging Clark. Mislim da više manje svi znamo što možemo očekivati od ove, provjerene autorice. Ovaj puta pratimo otmicu trogodišnjih blizanki iz kuta roditelja, otmičara i agenata FBI koji sudjeluju u istrazi. Zanimljivo i dinamično...jedna od onih knjiga uz koje vrijeme brzo prođe; nema tu neke velike filozofije, samo zločin i (ne baš kazna), nego istraga zločina.. ;)
Nina Ivanova
Full review/Цялото ревю - click, click

Следпрочитно:
Ами... очаквах нещо повече. Чувала съм само хубави неща за тази авторка, сюжетът изглеждаше обещаващ, а най-много ме привлече детайлът за феномена на връзка между близнаците. Обичам твърдо реалистичните истории, обичам и откровеното фентъзи, но в читателския ми свят винаги ще има специално място и за онези истории, които балансират на между познатото, непознатото и непознаваемото. Нещата тук обаче ми се сториха твърде повърхностни, във всяко отн
Feb 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
If I could, I'd give this 3.5 stars - definitely interesting and well-written, but not uplifting since there are some super evil characters who harm children! I wasn't sure what to expect from Higgins Clark, but I was relieved she doesn't pepper the pages with profanity. Also good was the fact that the bad guys all lose out in the end. Like I said, interesting and entertaining with a good sense of mystery - but filled with a lot of fear and tragedy.
Izzy Deal
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark is a book about the kidnapping of twin girls. Kathy and Kelly just turned three when their parents went out for dinner on the twins' birthday. Steve and Margaret Frawley, the twins parents, left the girls with a babysitter that night. When they returned, the twins were gone and the babysitter was unconscious. The Frawley's never had any enemies so who took their twins?

I think that certain parts of the story had plot holes. A plot hole like the kidna
Dzenana Brkic
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by M.H. Clark. Long time ago, a friend of mine recommended this book to me, but I always skipped it for no specific reason. I am glad I have finally read it, because it was truly amazing and very touching as well.

This book is not only about two girls being torn away from their family for awhile, but also about the mistery behind identical twins. It will teach you about the concepts such as identical twin connection, telepathy and their special language of communicating wit
Debra
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Twin girls are kidnapped on the evening of their 3rd birthday from their parents home. A police investigation ensues. There is a request for 8 million dollars which the parents cannot afford to pay. The father's employer agrees to pay the ransom and they get back only one of their daughters believing that the other has died. We begin to see Twin telepathy as the one twin who remains with two of her kidnappers communicates with the rescued twin. The twin telepathy provide the police with clues as ...more
Jun 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Aerykah
Eh, this one was okay. I might not have finished it if I had been reading it rather than listening to it at work... But I did finish it, it didn't bore me to tears, and it did help to pass the time at work so I'll give it 2 stars for that.

Note of Warning: For the readers out there who are looking for a clean read, this is not Christian fiction-- there isn't any sex or anything, but there is bad language in this book.
Alison
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 not 4.0. I don't often read thrillers but I can say that this book was just "good." It took me about 70-80 pages to actually enjoy reading this book. I really loved the ending and I was surprised at the outcome of the case.

If you've read a lot of thrillers, I would recommend this to you but if you haven't, this would probably not be a book to start off with.
Linda
Jun 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-thriller
I now remember why I enjoyed Mary Higgins Clark so much. This was suspenseful story with a political plot. A good and fast read.
Sheela
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this was my first MHC novel and now i understand her title as the queen of suspense. This book isn't much of a mystery as the narration comes from all sides and we know who the kidnappers are immediately, but that doesn't take away from the nail biting feeling it gives you along the way. I really enjoyed how real it felt and as a parent the whole idea was just terrifying on its own, the little details were part of what really did it for me with this book though. i loved every little mistake the ...more
Kristen Dutkiewicz
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I appreciated the short chapters because it made it easy to find a stopping point while reading at night!

This is the story of missing twin girls told from the perspectives of their desperate parents, law enforcement officials, and the kidnappers themselves. Although the ending was predictable, I did enjoy the various insights from all of the characters. The little girls were adorable with their unique twin bond.

Overall, it was an "okay" read. It was not the best mystery but I enjoyed different a
Plum-crazy
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
An entertaining & easy read - just what I've come to expect from this author. While it's not on-the-edge-of-your-seat gripping it's certainly engrossing & there's enough red herrings to keep you guessing as to the identity of the Pied Piper.

I'd love to know if any twins at goodreads have experienced any psychic happenings or experienced each others pain :o)

Kalyn
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a book that kept on rolling. I didn't feel like I had to go back to reread who anyone was. Although you know who commits the crime, it is still suspenseful enough to keep you interested.
Play Book Tag: Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark 3 stars 2 15 Dec 31, 2016 11:39AM
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10)
  • Nobody Knows (KEY News #5)
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead
  • Look Behind You
  • Where the Memories Lie
    $4.99 $1.99
  • White Nights (Shetland Island, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Wrath (Luis Chavez, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Three (Codename: Chandler, #3)
  • The Hollow Men: A Novel
    $15.95 $1.99
  • What She Doesn't Know
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Pope of Palm Beach: A Novel (Serge Storms)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1)
  • Flood (Burke, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The House of Memory (Pluto's Snitch #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Evil Never Dies (Lizzy Gardner, #6)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Twisted Root (William Monk, #10)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Red Road (Alex Morrow #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Detective (Peter Diamond, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Now You See Her
    $10.00 $2.99
  • The Beast (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #21)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fallen (Amos Decker, #4)
    $14.99 $4.99
  • The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter, #2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Marathon Man
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Darkness, My Old Friend
  • Retribution
  • Duplicity
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Widowmaker (Mike Bowditch #7)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Remember Me Like This
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Penance
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Cold Harbor (Gibson Vaughn, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • On Her Majesty's Secret Service (James Bond, #11)
  • Neighborly
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
  • The Drowning
    $15.95 $1.99
  • The Second Girl
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spree (Codename: Chandler #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
  • Silent Victim
  • In Farleigh Field
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonfeather (Gibson Vaughn, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Dark Mind (Lizzy Gardner #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Thunder of Heaven (The End Series, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Time Heals No Wounds (Baltic Sea Crime #1)
  • The Good Samaritan
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Looking Glass  (The Naturalist #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Sister's Grave (Tracy Crosswhite #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
“If only we could bring all the kids home. If only we could rid the world of all the predators.” 0 likes