Start by marking “Just Wicked Enough (Rogues and Roses, #2)” as Want to Read:
Just Wicked Enough (Rogues and Roses, #2)

Just Wicked Enough

(Rogues and Roses #2)

What will she bid?

Desperate for riches, penniless Michael Tremayne, Marquess of Falconridge, is willing to auction away his only possession of value--his title--to the highest bidding American father. But Kate Rose was the last woman he had in mind to marry. The willful and headstrong Kate requires from marriage the one thing Michael is unable to give--powerful, unending l
Published August 28th 2007 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Just Wicked Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Wicked Enough

Start your review of Just Wicked Enough (Rogues and Roses, #2)
Beanbag Love
Mar 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Wow. My feelings about this book are actually pretty complicated.

First, I hated the heroine for fully 85% of the book. Hated her. She was completely unreasonable and nasty. Totally selfish and childish. Disdainful and ... biggest sin for a heroine in Beanbag Love World ... emasculating. Oh no, missy. Big mistake.

The hero, Michael Tremayne, Marquess of Falconridge, is impoverished, desperate and absolutely heartbreaking. He's got a vibe that puts people off, but it's mainly because he's so afrai
Zoe
Mar 20, 2016 added it
Shelves: no-can-do
An American heiress with a British lord. Not my kind of story but I tried. She had the money and lorded it over him asking for love. Not that I don't believe in love, dear Ms. Kate Rose, but I most certainly do not believe you can or should ask someone to love you.

I don't find it romantic at all for women or men to dream of love. It just isn't my kind of fantasy. Good for Kate to dream of blackmailing Michael by withholding money and sex. I find it distasteful.

Not rating because I can't get pas
Nymeria
 photo cmt-medium-1_zps973258d2.gif

When I was still reading the first half of this book, I was going to give it 3 stars for being an inoffensive take on a marriage of convenience: better done than most (Lorraine Heath's writing lost all of its soul when she made the switch from western historicals to cliched regencies/victorians but her prose is still better than most of what's out there) but nothing exceptional and still requiring a good deal of suspension of disbelief.

And then the heroine started to act like an insensitive
kris
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Michael Tremayne, Marquess of Falconridge, auctions himself off and finds himself betrothed to Kate Rose, American heiress. She wants love, he wants...something else? Allegedly it's money but really he wants someone to want him or something. I don't know: the man had a boatload of angst and I am dying of plague so you can't expect me to suss out the particulars. She has an old flame who keeps flitting about, and he has that boatload of angst to sink. And boners. The end.

1. I liked the portrayal
Virginia
Jan 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Once again, I accidentally borrowed a book that I had already read. But in my defense, I was just going through Heath's bibliography and didn't pay attention to the blurb. The added bonus was that when I read the previous book in the series, A Duke of Her Own, I really wanted to know more about Marquess Falconridge and Miss Kate Rose. How fortunate for me that they were the leads in this novel and that I loved it the first time - and loved it the second time as well!

This novel encompasses the be
Kate*
Loved it. I have a 3 hour, 5 day a week commute and the radio gets old so I listen to audiobooks. This is definitely a reread (or re-listen for me).

I don't like that some of the reviewers are so critical of books of this genre. These books are written to fill a specific need and there are only so many story lines available, so appreciate the genre and base your opinion on the way the story is written, the dialogue between characters, the description of a steamy scene.

A marriage of convenience:
♥Aicha~high~on~books♥
To me there is something decidedly unromantic about money issues in a Romance Novel.
And if money happens to be a major plot ingredient, where the hero has to humble himself over and over again in front of the heroine for a few thousand pounds, then all the mush in the world can't redeem the story in my eyes.
Ms. Heath is an extraordinary writer and I'm sure had I cared enough to finish the book, I would have had some thing pleasantly remarkable to say now, but sadly I just couldn't.
Ipshita
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
That heroine is a complete hypocrite. At least, she comes to recognize her faults.
Giovanni
Jenny E
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was another really great read from Lorraine Heath... jeez, she can make me swoon like nobody's business! Love it!

I overall enjoyed this story and the characters. It was a little uncomfortable at times at the way the situation with Michael, Kate, and money was set up... a twist on the marriage of convenience thing. I loved Michael and could really relate with him to the point that I had tears in my eyes at one point. I'm glad that both characters grew and came out better people in the end.

I
Fani *loves angst*
Update Apr 2020
Tried to read it again last week and I ended up hating Kate so much, it was simply impossible. That woman obviously doesn't know any other words other than ME and WANT; "I want you to like ME", I want you to care for ME", "I want you to please ME", "I want you to want ME", ME, ME, ME... Unfortunately her father had Michael sign an agreement than no man in real life would sign (he techninally didn't give the money he promised to Michael, but to his daughter to do as she pleases wit
D.L.
Jan 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: someone looking for a quick romance indulgence.
My Take:

This book was enjoyable- a true guilty pleasure worth every moment. Despite it’s fairly mediocre plot, I couldn’t help but get emotionally involved with our heroes.
Yes, Michael is a secretive dolt, and Kate is obnoxious and selfish, but in so many ways they are like all of us, which makes it hard not to like them. Who secretly (or not so secretly) doesn’t want to fall madly in love, to have a guy prove to you he loves you for who you are, and even knows your favorite color? And who hasn
Kathy
I barely finished this one and it's around a 2.5 rating. I was skimming through the second half just trying to get through it because I am a fan of the author.

The heroine was awful. I don't think I've read a book yet where I put the book down twice because I wanted to throttle the heroine. Sure, both H/h have annoyed me on occasion in plenty of reads but this one for some reason I was so intolerant of. Just as I thought she might be heading towards redemption, she'd say or do something else that
Hasnamezied
What is your favourite color? Mine is ----Well I dont think Michel is interested in mine , he is only thinking of Kate's. Yes , they are a lovely couple and this isnt the typical historical romance that you expect. It is more realestic with more details about the hero ad heroines than many other historical romance books we read. I recommend it highly ,

And guess what the color is ........ ?? No I am not going to say , read it and find yourself.
Destiney
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I gave this book a 3 star. Although I enjoyed the book the heroin in the story got on my nerves. She was so annoying and selfish.

The hero was my favorite part of the whole story. He did what he thought would impress the heroin.
Elaine
A lovely read in parts. We meet characters from book 1 in this series, and the plot again was emotional. A bit teary for me too, as my mother had dementia.
Only 2 novels to this series - I wish there were more. This series doesn't appear to have been finished!
Anusriya
Oct 12, 2013 rated it liked it
This was my first Lorraine Heath and though I have mixed feelings for this book, its definitely not going going to be my last book by her.. my main issue with this book was the heroine... much as I try I could not just like her.. I found it downright insulting to the hero that the heroine holds all the financial power.. I mean every little bit of transaction passes through her.. urghhh.. towards the end of the book though we see that she changes but not enough for me to like her... on the other ...more
Sue
Story and narration 3.5, our girl at points was spoiled and heart broken, this was an extremely fine line to walk. Readers picked sides quite frankly, I found myself siding with the lord more than the lady. But as her generous heart was shown, I appreciated her more. But, she really was pretty immature about love and what love was, which was annoying at times.

I found it interesting that the Roses (Series family) had 2 other siblings and the series stopped. I just don't think it resonated with th
This should be retitled Miscommunications in Romance

Has no intellectual value, but I was looking for something I could read, not get attached to and not be sad. So that pretty much sums it up.
Nicole
Oct 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Why did I not read this sooner? <3
Stephanie
𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒚 — Penniless marquess allows his title to be bought by a rich American - but his wife's heart is occupied by someone else.

I'm sorry, I need to tell a story: I started reading historical romances a few years ago. I can usually remember books easily by the title, cover, or author - the same way I remember names easily after only meeting or seeing someone once. But I had a vague recollection of a book I read that I could not find anywhere. No Google searches, my personal Goodre
Jo Reads Romance
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical

Tender and sweet Victorian romance
5 stars

In desperate need of money, Michael Treymayne, Marquess of Falconridge takes the only option open to him and auctions himself, and his title, to the highest bidder.

Headstrong, independent and alluring American Kate Rose was the last person that Michael would have picked as his bride and now he is stuck with her as his wife. Unfortunately for Michael, Kate only wants one thing from the marriage. Love.

Michael is just as stubborn as Kate and as the pair
Miriamgreen
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it

Michael and Kate
Michael the british noble whose responsibilities and poor choices have bankrupted him. Silent, private, handsome, pithy, and aloof.
Kate american spoiled ultra rich heiress, 20 years old, coming off a marriage of infatuate love with a commoner without honor but who she still thinks she loves.
the hero is denied his husband rights; she controls the unbelievable 5 million dowery, and doles it out
some hard dialogues, misunderstandings, but cracks are constantly viewed as Michael respo
Nessa
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS QUITE ENTERTAINING BECAUSE IT WASN'T INSTA-LOVE BUT A STORY OF QUITE VIRTUAL STRANGERS WHO WERE FORCED TO MARRY BEFORE THEY FELL IN LOVE.

OUR HERO has casted his pride aside and auctioned himself or more likely his title that is attached to him bodily to the Americans who want a husband for their daughters. Of course, Mr. Rose won the bid. Michael never experienced love and he would rather face passion any day. Deep down, he's a scared little boy who questions if he is loveable because e
Dawn
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Stephanie
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was pretty damn cute. I'm giving it 5/5 for the writing, pacing, plot lines, and characters - though I don't think it can count as a favorite since I don't foresee myself re-reading this book over and over.

Kate is an American heiress. Michael is a poor marquess. To find a rich bride, he calls in five American fathers who bid on his title so they can wed one of their daughters to him. Crude, right? ... Michael marries Kate for her money; Kate marries her to not disappoint her mother.

Th
Sharyn
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this way more than the first in the series. I was completely crying in the end. This book had so many sad stories, a little boy raised by a terrible nanny, grows up to belive he is unlovable and can't love. He basically sells himself to an American heiress who only wants love. She of course completely misunderstands him, but when he,almost sacrifices his life for her, she realizes how deep his emotions are. Plus they both have secrets that must come out, and when they do they there us a ...more
Gail
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good marriage of convenience story in which the hero, a late Victorian era marquess, auctions himself off to the rich American father of an heiress daughter. Literally. He calls in a bunch of industrialists and asks for bids. This is in the opening chapter. The one who wins marries him off to his younger daughter and the real work begins. Heath tells a good story about their personal growth and their romance. I liked it. Good read.
Jazmine
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one started off pretty slow in the beginning but quickly picked up speed. I totally fell in love with Kate & Michael and, as someone who watched her own grandma go through dementia, I 100% felt for Michael's mom. Lorraine Heath really knows how to bring her characters to life.

I really loved the authors note at the end to give us a happy ending.
Trewen
3 stars - OK

This is a complicated rating for me.
I quickly came to dislike the heroine for being selfish and childish.
I quickly came to love the hero for trying so hard and wanting someone to love him.
And I need more than the last 15% for me to turn my feelings around.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sins of a Wicked Duke (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #1)
  • Once Upon a Wedding Night (The Derrings, #1)
  • A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin (The Debutante Files, #1)
  • How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6)
  • Courting Trouble (Goode Girls, #2)
  • Love Is a Rogue (Wallflowers vs. Rogues, #1)
  • Dancing With Danger (Goode Girls, #3)
  • Love and Other Scandals (Scandalous, #1)
  • For the Duke's Eyes Only (School for Dukes, #2)
  • The Bride Says Maybe (The Brides of Wishmore, #2)
  • The Study of Seduction (Sinful Suitors, #2)
  • The Rogue to Ruin (Misadventures in Matchmaking, #3)
  • Lady Claire Is All That (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #3)
  • Dare to Love a Duke (The London Underground, #3)
  • How the Duke Was Won (The Disgraceful Dukes, #1)
  • Trouble at the Wedding (Abandoned at the Altar, #3)
  • A Dark and Stormy Knight (Victorian Rebels, #7; Goode Girls, #1)
  • Duke I'd Like to F...
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."​​​​​​​

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor

Rogues and Roses (2 books)
  • A Duke of Her Own (Rogues and Roses, #1)