Start by marking “Love, Meg” as Want to Read:
Love, Meg

Love, Meg

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  381 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Meg Shanley always believed that her parents died when she was a baby. Since then, she and her thirty-year-old sister Lucie have lived a nomadic life, never settling down long enough for Meg to feel like anything but the new girl. Alone in her uncertainty and confusion, Meg writes letters to Jennifer Aniston for advice. Unlike Lucie, Jen is stable. She's on Meg's TV?no mat ...more
Published July 5th 2007 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Love, Meg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Meg

The Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingTwilight by Stephenie MeyerJust Listen by Sarah DessenThis Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
Gold Star Award Winners
96 books — 60 voters
Someone Like You by Sarah DessenThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerSalvaged by Stefne MillerForever . . . by Judy BlumeAlong for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Feet!
492 books — 317 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jeremey for TeensReadToo.com

Teenager Meg Shanley and her thrity-year-old sister, Lucie, are moving from town to town, looking for a better life. Their parents are gone and Lucie has taken over the role as mother to Meg, although she has not done a very good job of it. Lucie tends to think more along the lines of what's best for herself instead of what's best for Meg. Meg must travel with Lucie because she has no other family to go to.

When Lucie abandons her motherly role, Meg finds
Jan 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Ann
Sep 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Ann by: found it at a book store
I loved this book I read it in less than 5 hours.
It is about a girl that thought her family was dead and then finds out that they are alive and in another state so she goes down there in search for her dod that doesn't know she even exisists and if he will accept her. It is am awsome to read book.
Nora
Jun 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
The author of this book came to my school and she was great!
i love this book, but don't expect thatt much
happy reading!
Stacey
Apr 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Teenagers
I Loved this book ^_^ I'm not quite sure why, But I do!!!
Mary
Feb 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was about a young girl's journey into finding out who she is and where she came from.
Grace
Feb 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Great book. I was alittle skeptical because of the YA genre but I am so glad I gave it a chance
Holly
May 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Meg and her sister Lucie have always moved around a lot; sometimes three times in one year, they will pack up their belongings, move into a new apartment where Lucie starts a new, dead end, crappy job and Meg will start a new school. Meg’s life seems as shaken and impermanent as the boxes of belongings that never receive a proper place in their new apartment and the WalMart bought, particle board furniture that isn’t likely to survive many more life altering moves.

Because of their sporadic lifes
Stephanie
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Hello, everyone! Today I just finished a book titled Love, Meg. I am going to take this time to review the book which I rate three out of five stars. I do warn you that this will have spoilers in it, so if you don't want to know what happens, I suggest you stop here.

(view spoiler)
Cindy Hudson
Jan 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Meg believes she knows everything about her life. Her parents are dead and her older sister, Lucy, has cared for her ever since she was a baby. They travel from town to town in California, following Lucy's jobs and boyfriends. Meg has learned to be self-sufficient since she was very young, because Lucy is overwhelmed providing for the two of them on her own.

For years she has turned to Jennifer Aniston—the actress from friends—for emotional support, writing her letters detailing the difficulties
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, young-adult
Let me quote the best part of this book.
The Durant public library was on Sunset Boulevard across the street from a liquor store and kitty-corner to a Fantastic Sam's. It was brand new, with skylights and a machine where people could check out books by themselves. It had, nevertheless, acquired a bum stink from all the homeless people who slept on its steps every night.

As someone who WORKS at this library, I was excited to see a cameo in Love, Meg. But I need to correct a couple of inaccuracies.
manda
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, recommend
actual rating: 4.5

15-year-old Meg Shanley and her thrity-year-old "sister", Lucie, move from town to town, looking for a better life on a regular basis. Lucie is Meg's legal guardian, although she is terrible at it. Recently, she's done an even worse job at being her sister. But worry not, Meg writes to Jennifer Aniston to gain advice.

When Meg discovers who Lucie truly is, she moves in with her uncle and grandma that she just newly discovered. So she packs her bag and goes to New York to help h
Nina
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, it was a very quick read for me, about a teenager growing up with her sister, who was doing the best she knew how to raise her but coming up very short. Meg loved the show Friends and her idol was Jennifer Aniston, and she wrote her letters asking for advice whenever anything came up in her life. Jen was like the best friend she never got to keep for long, as her sister moved them around all the time and her friends didn't forgot her as soon as she moved on. This book is about ...more
Lola
Oct 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
the cover on this book is misleading and the book itself is all over the place. so much was going on that nothing made sense. it was boring and unoriginal. fallowed by an annoying main character and not so supporting side characters. i honestly had no connection with any of the characters and felt nothing for them. i think that it was just jumbled together for the purpose of making a book. thank god it was a gift and that i didn't spend my own money on it. VERY DISAPPOINTING BOOK! i would give i ...more
May 06, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a really great book for younger readers. I enjoyed the relationships that Meg experienced in this book; some heart warming and others heart wrenching. The ending was also so bittersweet and enjoyable. However, I absolutely HATED all of the "Jennifer Aniston" talk. It drove me nuts, but I understand the importance of Jen in Meg's life.
Nikki
Apr 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I thought I'd hate it since I've never had a celebrity crush, but this book rocks. Its tension is so immediate and I really loved Meg. That the situation life handed her is difficult is an understatement and the way she evolves into a girl who can deal with it is believable. I was rooting for her the whole time
Kaci Wilson
This book was okay. I didn't like it at all until about halfway through. I felt like the main character Meg was very childish. The things she said and did were almost ridiculous at times. It was a pretty good story though, and some parts were interesting. It wasn't too bad but I probably won't ever read it again.
Katerina
Jan 12, 2012 rated it liked it
The main character, Meg, struck me as a girl looking for answers in the most hopeless way. She was scared, but determined. Yet the scared part of her noticeably dominated over the determined part of her. I admit I didn't really like the book, but the book kept me engaged until the end, which, was a pathetic ending.
Jun 10, 2008 rated it liked it
This author is coming to my library to talk to the Teens. I had better read it so I can ask some questions! Should be a good program, Leigh was a writer for The Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven.

Quick read. It was good. I got some great ideas of themes for the talk as well as a food display that ties into the characters.
Kylie D
This book was given four stars because it shows how good of a friendship you can truly have with your mother. I also liked how this book is a mystery page after page and the ending is such a surprise! This book was really good to read and I couldn't put it down!
Elizabeth
Jun 04, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: already-read
Meg has an unstable, complicated life with only one bedrock: her correspondence with Jennifer Aniston. This book is a pretty fast read. However, the characters are two-dimensional, and the ending seems a bit trite.
Kallan
Sep 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Kind of odd, but all-in-all pretty interesting.
Randy Lavender
Aug 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: young readers and aspiring authors of YA fiction
Great book, well conceived and written, especially strong dialogue.
Melanie
Oct 10, 2008 rated it liked it
I hated the ending of this book... it just ruined the whole thing for me.
Cammeo
Mar 21, 2009 marked it as to-read
would like to read...
Regina
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I like it very well.
Tina P
Apr 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
I thought it was a good book about family, not my favorite but still really entertaining and interesting.
Maurice
Jul 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, great writing.
Sabrina Gilbert
Jun 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-and-own
Cute little story about a girl finding her way... it was a quick, enjoyable read... nice to step away from the fantasy world for a bit.
Karla
Dec 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it, but it was kind of predictable.
  • Jake's Choice (To Save a Life, #2)
  • The Year of My Miraculous Reappearance
  • End Game (The Midnight Library, #3)
  • Kissing the Rain
  • Fairest of Them All
  • You Don't Know About Me
  • Gettin’ Lucky
  • Thou Shalt Not Dump the Skater Dude and Other Commandments I Have Broken
  • Hiding from Love: How to Change the Withdrawal Patterns That Isolate and Imprison You
  • City on Our Knees
  • Pretty Little Devils
  • Secrets of Truth and Beauty
  • How It's Done
  • Frannie in Pieces
  • Paisley Hanover Acts Out
  • Violet in Private (Violet, #3)
  • Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul: The Real Deal School
  • To Die For (Slumber Party & Weekend)
I've lived in a lot of places and done a lot of things - much of which has informed my writing in some fashion. I love writing fish-out-of-water stories and books about characters who move to new places and try new things. I wish I could be as bold as Meg Shanley in LOVE, MEG and as fearless as Veronica May in ALL ABOUT VEE. I have other stories and other characters and hopefully, one day you will ...more