Start by marking “Every Woman Knows a Secret” as Want to Read:
Every Woman Knows a Secret

Every Woman Knows a Secret

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  212 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
What happens when you fall in love with the one person you shouldn't?

In the aftermath of a family tragedy, Jess Arrowsmith is powerless to resist her attraction to Rob, twenty years her junior, and the person she has reason to hate most in the world. As their love affair threatens to blow her family apart, Jess finds herself in a desperate struggle to defuse a crisis that
Published (first published May 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Every Woman Knows a Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Woman Knows a Secret

Charlotte
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was ok
For a start, I couldn't decide (and still can't make my mind up) if Rosie Thomas's elaborate and colourfull descriptions of everything were a bit overdone and unnecessary - in fact I think they were. The flowery descriptions in the end got on my nerves.
Then, there's the unbelieveable sequence of events that made up the storyline, it turned into a bit of a panto in the end. Did someone really describe it as an 'intelligent read' (as it says on the cover)? - Did they actually read the book!!??
I
Bette
Aug 20, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really didn't enjoy this book was to me kinda of mixed up. Finished it.
Tiffani  Johnson
Nov 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I'm not even going to lie, I skimmed through the majority of the last half of this book because I just did not care and wanted it to be over with.
Katie Grainger
I found the beginning part of this book quite emotional but felt that in the middle and towards the end the story really slowed. I felt that there was a little too much going on in places, I was far more interested in the relationship between Jess and Rob. As I mentioned though the beginning was very well written and highly emotional. Good heart felt story but lost pace half way through and never picked up again.
Sadia
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
interesting read...there was certainly a lot of depth and honesty...the relationship between rob and jess was told very honestly nothing was glamorized..and i like that in a book..

the end was kinda wierd & surreal but it didn't feel like something jess would do...

still enjoyed it
Anne
Jan 16, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was my least favourite Rosie Thomas book - it was too predictable right from the start. I didn't like any of the characters, not that this would always put me off a book but normally I like the characters that RT writes about or am at least intrigued by them.
Wendy
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading one of Rosie Thomas' books but I now think I am converted :-) This was a really good book that was filled with many different mized emotions-loss, unconditional love and hope. I also really liked the fact that it had a happy ending because I love books like this :-)
Cecille
This book has raw emotions and too much realities that anyone who expects a fun read would not appreciate it. this was certainly not fun, but it wasn't not good either. i like honesty in books, this one gave it.
Angela Wilson
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Rosie Thomas has a talent for dealing with family crisises. The book deals with the aftermath of a family tragedy which takes an unexpected turn.
JenniferB
Well written but sad overall.
Sassy
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Growing Up Twice
  • Funny Valentine
  • Somewhere, Someday
  • Making Hay (Honeycote, #2)
  • A Class Apart
  • The Love Letter
  • Larger Than Life
  • In A Good Light
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • Geezer Girls (Gangland Girls #1)
  • The Backward Shadow (Jane Graham, #2)
  • La biblioteca dei miei sogni
  • The Talisman (Legacy, #2)
  • Did the Earth Move?
Janey King, née Morris was born on 1947 in Denbigh, Wales, and also grew up in North Wales. She read English at Oxford, and after a spell in journalism and publishing began writing fiction after the birth of her first child. Published since 1982 as Rosie Thomas, she has written fourteen best-selling novels, deal with the common themes of love and loss. She is one of only a few authors to have won ...more