Start by marking “Silent America: Essays from a Democracy at War” as Want to Read:
Silent America: Essays from a Democracy at War

Silent America: Essays from a Democracy at War

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
From the pages of Eject! Eject! Eject!, one of the most influential of the new-media weblogs -- or "blogs" -- comes a book of essays that captures the American heartbeat. SILENT AMERICA: ESSAYS FROM A DEMOCRACY AT WAR has been read by hundreds of thousands of people online. Now you can own the collection that has been called "required reading for every high school and coll ...more
Published November 11th 2004 by Aurora Aerospace, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Silent America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent America

Jae
Jun 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It's definitely a book for those who believe in a Constitutional government. If you're a person who believes government is the answer, there's probably little you'd like about it.

I strongly disagree with one of the other reviewers who posted here. She doesn't get it. But what she took insult at showed me I shouldn't be surprised. Bill's a hardcore patriot, and is not ashamed of calling America the greatest country in the history of the world (neither am I).

If you are looking for some well put to
Jul 09, 2009 rated it it was ok
I was very impressed by Bill Whittle's knowledge of military history. That is the only thing about this collection of essays that impressed me. This book read like a political science major's binder full of all the editorials he wrote to his school newspaper during his freshman year. One would hope that by the time he got to be Bill's age, he would stumble across this binder and chuckle fondly at his old self, trying to remember how it was that he had actually thought that what he was writing wa ...more
Russ
Sep 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: american, politics
Brilliant! An amazing read. Prepare to be inspired, challenged, moved, enraged, and enthralled by the vision of Bill Whittle's America. His take-no-prisoners, make-no-apologies approach for what America is and is not (and should and should not be) is as refreshing as it is erudite.

I was first introduced to Bill's writing by his web site, www.ejectejecteject.com. He continues to make the essays in this book available on that site for free, so you can sample them before you buy the book. Each essa
Carlton
Aug 18, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This, my friends, is an essayist! Whenever I think that I might start writing, I pick up this book, open it to any page and start reading. Then I quietly put my pen down. This 'regular guy' writes with the skill of any of the giants in America's audacious and storied history.
Check out his site: www.ejectejecteject.com

Paul
Apr 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Simply the best-written, clearest reminder of what it means to be an American. Each chapter is a self-contained essay, usually starting from a personal anecdote and eventually tying each theme together in a wonderful package. Check some of them out at www.ejectejecteject.com.
Kassie