Start by marking “Hamas: A History from Within” as Want to Read:
Hamas: A History from Within

Hamas: A History from Within

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Hamas won an overwhelming electoral victory in January 2006, overturning many assumptions regionally and globally. Branded as terrorist by Israel and the West, it is the largest Palestinian militant Islamist organization, formed at the beginning of the first intifada. Its short-term objective is to drive Israeli forces from the West Bank and Gaza, which it hopes to realize ...more
Published May 30th 2007 by Olive Branch Pr

To ask other readers questions about Hamas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hamas

Nithin
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Just like IRA,INA,Vietcong guerrillas, mukti bahini and French resistance,which where termed as "Terrorist organizations" during their times,Hamas is a group of people fighting for their rights,their land and honour.

Final victory is for Hamas because it represents the truth,whether you believe it or not,truth is out there.
Claire
Sep 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I learned a bit about the group identified here from my studies in International Relations, perhaps more Comparative Politics (the semester after the next one), but this book solidified my foundation (since as it was, my notes are impossible to read so I just have in my mind a giant skull-and-crossbones sign over Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Palestinian Authority).

If I were going to more seriously study Arabic, I'd take more note from this, but as it is, there are so many cultures clamoring for my
Kristina
I can't say I completely agree with everything that he says. However this book is a really good book on an aspect of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict from a Palestinian perspective. This book is really carefully analyzed. He even goes in to detail about the ideology of the Hamas. What is interesting about the book is that it's focus is on Hamas and Palestinian-Israeli relationships and less on the international context of the conflict.

I recommend this book for anyone that wants to know why Hama
Juan
Jul 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Lots of detail, and footnotes. Helpful appendix.
Yas
Oct 16, 2013 rated it liked it
informative and detailed. Also sympathetic and biased given the background of the author.
Alex
Sep 20, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Extremely sympathetic, almost an autobiography of the movement -- but very valuable as an insight into how Hamas views its own development.
Kenneth