Start by marking “Tomorrow & Always (Time Travel Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tomorrow & Always (Time Travel Trilogy, #2)

Tomorrow & Always

(Time Travel Trilogy #2)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  355 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Andrew McVie is a man on the run. Running from duty and heartache . . . running toward freedom and passion . . . running 200 years in time, right into the life of Shannon Whitney. In public, Shannon is a beautiful, wealthy divorcee. But in private, she is a loner, and likely to remain so. For she craves a brave, honorable man unlike any who exists in the 20th century.
Published October 1st 1994 by Mira Books (first published April 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Tomorrow & Always, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tomorrow & Always

Linda
First of all, let me say that I have enjoyed other books that I have read by Barbara Bretton. I was startled to learn that this was not one of her first books that she wrote. The writing was juvenile and there was little chemistry between the lead characters. I found the heroine to be caustic with her speech and manners and wondered why the hero had any attraction for her. Shannon Whitney is from the present (1993) and Andrew McVie is brought forward in time from Colonial America. Honestly, I am ...more
Jennifer Rigor
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Thoroughly enjoyed this book, a real page turner but the end came a bit too abruptly for me. I just wish I know what happened to all of them after ...
Diane Ritter
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I thought this book, the second in Barbara Bretton's time travel series, was better than the first book, but was still somewhat of a disappointment. I would like more depth in the historical aspect of the books; however, I am beginning to think that is not the author's intent with this series. Perhaps my expectations are too high for what is basically a romance series. I much preferred Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series or Lisa Bergren's River in Time series or even The Yellowstone series (I beli ...more
Julia Bell
I read Tomorrow and Always as I had read Somewhere in Time and I wanted to know how Andrew McVie coped in the modern world. And how he managed was interesting. I thought him a fantastic hero although I wondered about Shannon as the heroine. Yes, she was from the 20th century so had all the independent traits of the modern woman. I did find her abrasive at times, but she certainly had a kind heart. I was saddened that neither of them moved far from the local area, since it would have been intrigu ...more
Jennette
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a little better than the last book. The plot was a little stronger. I liked the characters. Andrew is a fun old fashioned alpha male. Shannon seems to be a strong independent woman but it is mostly a mask for the world. With her old fashioned man she can be her true vulnerable self without sacrificing her independence. I like time travel stories but as far as they go, this one was sort of typical.
Sandy
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is book two of a time travel trilogy. I recommend reading book one first to better understand this book. Book one is titled Somewhere in Time.
Where the first book took us back in time, this book takes a character from 1777 to present day. It is very humorous as he tries to make his way in the modern world.
Jeanine Joy
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I buy the sequel of a free download you know I really enjoyed the book and wanted more of the characters. This was a fun book and I am looking forward to reading the sequel and to more from this author.
Dosha (Bluestocking7) Beard
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, audio
I am still enjoying this series, although I was not too crazy about Andrew. I have the last book in this series and I'm looking forward to it. this book was better than book 1 so I expect good things from book 3
Andrea
Feb 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked Andrew and his amazement at the current world. The idea of the story was interesting, I enjoyed the first volume of this trilogy, and this seemed like a decent continuation. I didn't care for the character of Dakota, so I won't be completing the trilogy.
Gretchen Fatouros
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Good idea but why did they have to have premarital sex? It's the only part which felt out-of-place. Isn't marriage most important in 1776, along with the commitment of marriage?

Everything else was enjoyable.
Anita
Mar 04, 2013 rated it liked it
This was an entertaining second book of this series- fast read, but not especially strong or In depth writing.
Lisa
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This one is much better than the first. Still, the sex scenes are a little much for me (yes, I'm a prude, lol!) but aside from those I love the storyline and humor in this one.
Marianne Patton
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first book
Chris
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read.
Barbara
Aug 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Started and stopped two times. Goes back in time which is not my favorite setting. Do not check out again!!
Diane Wanser
NICE TRILOGY OF TIMES PAST
Mary
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant
Gen
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading all three books in the trilogy.
Paula
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Second in Ms. Brenton's Trilogy. Enjoyed this and fun to continue the story and visit these characters again. Had to read the last one as well.
Heather
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved this trilogy. I also reviewed it on Amazon, in more detail. Check it out :) ... definitely worth reading.
Stephany Kambarian
Cute story

Fun and relaxing. What we need for a nice escape. A little of love, nastiness, action, sex, only the dog is missing :p
Patricia Spagnoli
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Starting #3 right away.
Elaine Cantrell
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very nice time travel story with a twist. Can't tell you what it is.
Deb
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked this 2nd book more than the first, still just an ok book, quick summer read.
Cathy
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!!
Pat
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good second book in a series of three.
Ann
Mar 26, 2016
Deborah Hendricks
Dec 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Some Enchanted Waltz (Seasons of Enchantment #1)
  • Time Treasure
  • Lost Yesterday
  • After The Storm
  • A Moment In Time
  • The Last Cavalier
  • If I Can't Have You
  • A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court
  • Spur of the Moment (Bronwyn Chase, #1)
  • A Highlander In Her Past (MacKay Clan, #3)
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
  • A Love Through Time (MacKendimen, #1)
  • Bridge Over Time
  • Anywhere You Are
  • The Dream Spell
  • Under a Prairie Moon (Time Travel, #5)
  • Night Visitor
  • The Wishing Chalice
Barbara Bretton is the USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of more than 40 books. She currently has over ten million copies in print around the world. Her works have been translated into twelve languages in over twenty countries.

Barbara has been featured in articles in The New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Romantic Times, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Herald News, Home News, Somer

Time Travel Trilogy (3 books)
  • Somewhere in Time
  • Destiny's Child (Time Travel Trilogy, #3)
“am almost ashamed to be living in such peace while all the rest struggle and suffer. But, after all, it is still best to concern oneself with eternals, for from them alone flows that spirit that can restore peace and serenity to the world of humans - Albert Einstein, Princeton, New Jersey” 0 likes