Start by marking “Step on it, Cupid” as Want to Read:
Step on it, Cupid

Step on it, Cupid

3.1  ·  Rating details ·  186 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Amelie's life is arranged just how she likes it. Well, most of the time.

She has a brilliant job she adores, a great social life and a love life she can take or leave. So it's a shock when she realises that everyone she knows seems to be happily coupled up. Is it time she thought about settling down?

Assigned a nightmarish project in work — writing the ad campaign for Brita
Published July 3rd 2006 by Little Black Dress (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Step on it, Cupid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Step on it, Cupid

Mélusine D'archer
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was told to read a book that didn't have anything to do with what I usually read... This was entertaining and a light read, very easy to skim through.
Helene Harrison
Review - I actually did enjoy this novel, though I didn't expect to. I didn't, however, like it as much as some of the other Little Black Dress novels, like Honey Trap. I did like how the story was told switching between prose and diary entries - it kept the story lively and interesting. I also really liked the concept of speed dating, because I'm quite skeptical of it - I think you should let love happen at its own rate. Amelie was an interesting character, though it was quite obvious from the ...more
Jodi
Apr 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, fun-books
I really liked this book. Probably because she ended up with the guy that I originally wanted her to be with and because the main character in this book reminds me of me. She had to go through a lot of guys to find the right one. And the main message of the story is that you can't hurry love. And it's soo true.
Louise
Feb 02, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book actually, easy to read and entertaining. One thing I didn't like was as a non-smoker all the smoking references! I am assuming the author is a smoker so would make sense if it's a part of her everyday life.
Kerry Thorpe
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I got this book free with an issue of Glamour magazine, expected it to be rubbish but I actually loved it! Witty, humorous and genuinely a feel-good book!
Lisa
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is utterly adorable. If you're looking for a fun, easy chick lit to read, I would definitely recommend this!
Lauren Britton
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was easy enjoyable summer reading.
Hinal
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So flipping good and romantic, i love it.
Sonaksha
Nov 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Wasn’t as good as some of the other LBD books I’ve read. It’s a fun, light read. Can get a little boring and I found myself saying: “Get to the point,” sometimes. But then again I think the flow of the book is meant to be slow, for a vacation at the beach. Nonetheless, I’m happy she ended up with the guy I wanted her to end up with all along…you just see the ‘sparks’ you know?
Rebecca Haslam
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
I can't say I'm a believer in Valentine's Day and all that romance stuff, nor have I ever been speed dating. This rather short book took me a matter of hours to read during a night shift and I won't be coming back to this slightly cheesy tale again.
Elizabeth O'dell
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it
First time I read this book I did not enjoy and found it hard to get into but after my second attempt of reading I found it was quite good.
Beautiful_Jade
Feb 15, 2013 rated it liked it
An okay read with a likeable main character.
Stephanie
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
this book should have been a quick read for me. However i had a hard time getting through it. it was a slow read for me
Daphne
Jan 29, 2013 added it
dnf
Angelic Zaizai
Oct 28, 2009 rated it liked it

Chiklit biasa aja, pada dasarnya sih temanya bisa ga sih nemuin 'cinta' dalam waktu singkat (pake speed-dating).
Meylia Azurah
  • You Kill Me
  • The Balance Thing
  • Pick Me Up
  • Sugar and Spice
  • The One That Got Away (Hen Night Prophecies #1)
  • The Chalet Girl
  • Confessions of an Air Hostess
  • Sunnyside Blues
  • Falling Out of Fashion
Lorelei Mathias was born in ‘Metroland’ to English and Romanian parents. She studied English & Philosophy at Birmingham University. She has worked in London as a Copywriter in Publishing and Advertising, and also writes the occasional magazine article, having been a regular blogger for both Campaign Magazine and Caitlin Moran’s website.

Her first novel 'Step on it, Cupid', was published when sh
“What are the rules- how long should you stay in a relationship with someone whom you don't think is quite The One? Even if you know there are things you like about them (and things that infuriate you about them), how long should you give it? Is it better to be single and waiting patiently for Mr Right, or to stay with someone because they make you laugh, because you're having fun with them, and you're still young? And anyway, aren't all relationships basically killing time until something better comes along?” 5 likes