Start by marking “Witchwood” as Want to Read:
Witchwood

Witchwood

3.14  ·  Rating details ·  7 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Befriended by an ususual woman, Fiona leaves the hated orphanage and goes to reside in Harrow Hall, where she becomes aware of the perils and responsibilities of being "marked" and embarks upon a dangerous course of adventures.
Hardcover
Published by Timescape Books

To ask other readers questions about Witchwood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witchwood

Marsha
While the prose in this book was undeniably beautiful, at times I found myself overwhelmed with descriptions of magic that made no sense. I couldn’t even understand what this magic was meant to do. There are too many descriptions of smells of various plants, herbs and spices. I read repeatedly about runes of dead leaves and soot and the melting of precious metals.

It was all very prettily written, but I couldn’t grasp the end purpose of it all. There was evil but its purpose was too nebulous for
Minati
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this when I was in high school, and was immediately drawn in. The story is about Fiona, and orphaned teenage girl- full of angst and a fiery spirit. One day she sees a star fall down into the forest, and she chases it, and her world soon changes.

I don't know if Tim (whom I had the very good fortune of meeting in NYC many years ago) ever managed to follow up on this book, but if he ever does, I'll be the first in line to buy it!
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
a story of their life and times of witches in a world not ready for them
Helen
Dec 25, 2011
Joey V.
rated it did not like it
Jun 26, 2012