Start by marking “Other People's Marriages” as Want to Read:
Other People's Marriages

Other People's Marriages

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  196 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
They were 'the five families' - the pleasant hospitable Frosts, the brash and sexy Cleggs, flirtatious Jimmy Rose and aloof Star, maternal Vicky and reliable Gordon Ransome, Michael Wickham and his perfect wife Marcelle. Old friends, their lives are interwoven in a comfortable pattern of school runs and Sunday golf, barbecues and shared holidays.

Until Nina Cort returns to
Paperback
Published July 3rd 2003 by Arrow (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Other People's Marriages, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Other People's Marriages

Tam
Aug 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, different from what I'd normally choose to read but pretty addictive once I'd started...a good example of the tales of every small place you could ever live, we're all the same the world over!
Dani Angel
Sep 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Loved the characters. Too many characters to flow as it should. Thought Nina would have more personality, she was a bit dull. Great writing though. Love the author.
Katie
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found that the story line was interesting as it wasn't just a one character's point of view. It let you know what the other characters were thinking and you were able to understand what they wanted and thought which helped loads when wanting to know whether you like that character or not.

It was quiet natural how the writer wrote about these marriages as that is what normally happens these days. Plus having the singleton walk in on their lives and cause a mess with relationships which then begi
Patricia
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Better than some of her other novels, this one kept my attention and the characters stayed with me long after I had finished it. I was surprised by the articulate writing and adult content - but loved both! A winner for poolside reading.
Linsey
Jun 08, 2008 rated it liked it
If you want to read a book about adultery, than this is the book for you.
Digby
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: great
Married couples and their utter boredom exposed.
Rosalynmp
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A delicious soap opera, two seasons worth and more, that I could cover at a good speed.
Biddy
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
What a depressing look at marriage this was! Everyone was having affairs and/or break ups and the characters were all unlikeable.
Adri
Oct 09, 2011 rated it did not like it
Tedium personified. Not a single character in the book that I liked. Definitely not my cup of tea.
Julie
  • Obsession
  • The Blue Noon
  • Birthday Girls
  • Getting Out of the House
  • The Truth Hurts (Marie Lightfoot, #3)
  • The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt: 55 Letters and the 111 Blocks They Inspired
  • Making Hay (Honeycote, #2)
  • Learning To Swim
  • Paper Moon (The Boy I Love Trilogy, #3)
  • Instructions for Bringing Up Scarlett
  • The WWW Club: A Novel of Sex and Bonbons
  • Miss Peabody's Inheritance
  • Rumpole and the Reign of Terror
  • Wives of the Fishermen
  • Shadow Child
Janey King, née Morris was born on 1947 in Denbigh, Wales, and also grew up in North Wales. She read English at Oxford, and after a spell in journalism and publishing began writing fiction after the birth of her first child. Published since 1982 as Rosie Thomas, she has written fourteen best-selling novels, deal with the common themes of love and loss. She is one of only a few authors to have won ...more