Start by marking “Roar!: A Christian Family Guide to the Chronicles of Narnia” as Want to Read:
Roar!: A Christian Family Guide to the Chronicles of Narnia

Roar!: A Christian Family Guide to the Chronicles of Narnia

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  93 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Can You Tell Me How to Get to Narnia?

You don’t actually have to journey all the way to Narnia to find everything you need to know in one spot (though you might want to anyway)! Roar! A Christian Family Guide to the Chronicles of Narnia is a beautiful volume that unveils a fun-filled world based on intriguing Bible insights for every Narniac! There’s something for everyone
Published September 21st 2005 by Multnomah Books

To ask other readers questions about Roar!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roar!

Chad Warner
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Narnia fans
A useful guide for adults who are reading The Chronicles of Narnia to kids. It goes through all seven books in chronological order. There are two pages for each chapter, with definitions of unfamiliar words, tips for adults reading to kids, biblical parallels, questions for discussion, and trivia or activities. The end of the book has several chapters for adults.

I learned less than I expected, but to be fair, I’ve read several books on the series. Also, this book is a family guide, with at least
Danae
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading through this. There are chapter-by-chapter discussions for families with young children and there are facts throughout and essays at the end for older Narnia fans. I'm not desperate to buy it now, but when i have kids, this would be great to read along with the books.

I did notice a couple of errors i'd have to correct in any purchased copy, though. The one i can think of off the top of my head is that they switched up Cor and Corin in a description of Aravis.
Jessalyn Gray
I LOVED this book! I read it and it was awesome. It gave me a more in depth look at the Chronicles of Narnia series. Another book I read in the same category is Not a Tame Lion: Unveil Narnia Through the Eyes of Lucy, Peter, and Other Characters Created by C. S. Lewis (Paperback) by Bruce L. Edwards.
Charity U
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Delightful guide that will come in most handy if used when reading through any of the books as a family. Packed with information, quizzes, Biblical applications, explanations, and more for each of the seven books.
Adriane
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
An excellent guide-- for youth and adults. Lots of great info, questions, and it is a really eye-catching book also. A great resource.
Chris La Fleur
Aug 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book for kids to get involved into the wonderful world of Narnia. A definite recommend for the younger generation of Narnia. :)
Rich
Sep 19, 2012 added it
Loved reading the books chapter by chapter, and doing this family guide with my kids. We got so much more out of it!
Cody