Start by marking “The Orchid Hunter” as Want to Read:
The Orchid Hunter

The Orchid Hunter

3.36  ·  Rating details ·  111 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
An exotic tale that takes readers from a steamy jungle isle to London's drawing rooms. The irrepressible daughter of an orchid hunter comes to terms with the missing pieces of her past when she meets the twin sister she never knew she had -- and the one man who makes love blossom in her eyes....
Mass Market Paperback, 386 pages
Published March 1st 2000 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about The Orchid Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Orchid Hunter

Marianne
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
This book was ok, but I did have trouble with the fact that the main male character falls for his adopted sisters twin. Also had trouble with the fact that the rest of society just seemed to accept the fact that one is his sister and the other his sweetheart. Thanks netgalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Becky
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Orchid Hunter was a pleasure to read. Jill Marie Landis is one of my favorite authors and like her other books this one had the right mix of romance, heartbreak, family secrets and laugh out load moments. From the very beginning you know Trevor is lost as soon as he meets Joya.
But you can not be sure what the family secrets are going to reveal. The scene in the millhouse and one of the wedding nights had me laughing so much my husband asked what I was reading. Joya's pure heart and honesty
Elizabeth
Sep 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bad-romance
Me and my sister both read this one in high school to see what romance novels are all about. Apparently they're awful.I'm sorry, I just couldn't get over the fact that the Orchid Hunter could have sex with his adopted sister's long lost IDENTICAL twin. He keeps telling himself she looks nothing like her, because she's more tanned. Okay, but you recognized her likeness right away! He must have a secret thing for his sister, like Richie Tenenbaum. If you are into reading ridiculous books for lulz, ...more
An Odd1
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, fan
***** "Orchid Hunter" by Jill Landis is a favorite 1850 Victorian romance for many reasons, some personal. I too have identical twin sisters, blond and blue-eyed. We have experienced "How often ... are secrets kept ... and bad decisions made in the name of love?"
The girl was raised to run wild on an isolated tropical isle. The man was raised in London to run the family business. Both are orchid hunters. Both have unknown family secrets. Landis writes a twisting tale of passion, humor, an imagin
Alexis
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent Writing!! I'm not a fan of fiction at all, but a friend dared me to read this book. I was delighted to say the least. This book was well written; I could not put this book down. The book kept me wondering what would happen next. There were great cultural inferences and some sexually explicit content but it was written in a very classy manner. The problem that I had was that the story didn't seem realistic. I don't like the feeling of living on Fantasy Island.
Alexis
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wendy Tavenner
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written story!!! Trevor goes to Africa to find the elusive orchid hunter Dustin Penn. He not only finds him but a woman who could be his adopted sisters twin (Joya). You have laughter, intrigue, secrets and so much more all wrapped up in a great read!!! You have Lust, Laughter and Live!!!
Phuong Ta
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this a very long time ago & this story has stuck with me because it was just a great book! It made me laugh, it made me cry but most importantly, it made me remember. After all, as an author (i would imagine) at the end of a novel, don't we all want our stories to be remembered and live on?....
Sharon Sherman
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Once in a while you read a book that is fantastic and it is one that you will never forget. The Orchid Hunter by Jill Marie Landis is one such book. How can an English gentleman and a girl from native islands ever suit? Read Jill Landis' book to find out.
Meghan
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
Typical bla bla romance where you know the ending after the first chapter.
Theresa Contreras
D Fera
rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2017
Pat
rated it did not like it
Oct 30, 2008
  • Miss Westlake's Windfall
  • A Crazy Kind of Love
  • Autumn Dreams
  • Mother Angelica's Answers, Not Promises
  • Deirdre and Don Juan (Lovers and Ladies, #6)
  • Rolling Thunder
  • The Vampire Viscount
  • Monday Morning Faith
  • The Widow's Kiss (Kiss, #1)
  • Santa Fe Woman (Wagon Wheels Series, #1)
  • Too Wicked To Love
  • The Reluctant Miss Van Helsing
  • The Nobody (Nobody, #1)
  • Wicked (Regency Trilogy, #1)
JILL MARIE LANDIS is the bestselling author of nearly thirty novels which have appeared on the NYT bestseller list, USA Today and other national bestseller lists. She has won numerous awards for her heartfelt characters and sweeping emotional historical romances that include SUMMER MOON and MAGNOLIA CREEK and the Irish Angels Series; HEART OF STONE, HEART OF LIES, and HEART OF GLASS. All of her Hi ...more