Start by marking “Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)

Endurance

(Razorland #1.5)

When rebellion destroys the underground world in which Thimble and Stone have grown up, they take Stone's son and try to escape the chaos. Along the way, they must evade the Freaks, beings who feed on human flesh. Leaving behind the roles of Builder and Breeder which they were assigned at birth, they wander the underground tunnels, looking for safety yet afraid to go "tops ...more
Published July 20th 2012 by Feiwel & Friends (first published February 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Endurance, please sign up.
Danielle The chapters alternate between Stone's and Thimble's POV. …moreThe chapters alternate between Stone's and Thimble's POV. (less)
Gothic Goldfish It doesn't really matter what you read next because it doesn't spoil anything for the rest of the series, it just answers some questions.…moreIt doesn't really matter what you read next because it doesn't spoil anything for the rest of the series, it just answers some questions.(less)

Start your review of Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)
karen

now that i have my very own book-reading machine, i get to read stuff like this SO CHECK ME OUT, SUCKAS!!

this is another one of those interstitial "who wants to write/read another whole book when we can just bust out a novella and it'll answer a couple of questions and everyone will be happy??" little numbers.

and i'm happy.

this is just a little shorty that gives the lowdown on what happened in the enclave after deuce and fade left. it is mostly the tale of thimble and stone and boy23, but it a
Justine
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read, novella
I'm one of those people who normally skips the novellas and short stories that come with a series, but I read this because it was at the end of the copy of Enclave that I read. It was actually worth reading and filled in some gaps that I had wondered about. ...more
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the relationship between Deuce and her childhood friends Thimble and Stone so I was a bit disappointed that we didn't find out what happened to them in Enclave. Luckily Ann Aguirre didn't leave us hanging and Endurance is a novella told from their points of view. I don't want to go into too much detail but this shows Thimble and Stone's reaction to Deuce being banished and lets us see what happens in the College enclave after Deuce and Fade left.

These characters are very different
Katy
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars - I have mixed feelings about this novella.

On one hand, it was different than most novellas because they are usually side stories because some people just read the novels and not the extra stuff. In the beginning of this one, Aguirre did write in some important details to the revolution and the fates of some major key players, so I'm interested to see how she plans on explaining that in Book 2 for those who plan to skip "Endurance."

On the other hand, I felt this novella was kind of poi
Anagha Uppal
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Only if you hardcorely love Razorland
June 18: I'm so comfused! Goodreads lists Endurance's publishing date as Feb 29, but the URL listed doesn't show the story and it's not on B&N or Amazon or anywhere! There must be some way to read this short story, it had my interest piqued!

Sept 15: Never mind above. They took it off HeroesandHeartbreakers.com to make a buyable ebook, which I just bought! I'll get to this after re-reading Enclave :)

September 21: My Review -

The GOOD

This is amazing in a different way. It's touching. It lets you f
Sharon Mariampillai
This was an intriguing read. I really enjoyed this one more than Secret Heart. I thought that Ann Aguirre wrote a great novella about two of Deuce's friends, Stone and Thimble. There was a bit of romance as they develop feelings for each other as the story progressed. I hope they make it to Topside as well. It would be nice to see how they will react in the same environment as Deuce and Fade. I hope there is more to their story as I think it was interesting to see the changes in themselves from ...more
Perla The IB Teen Book Blogger
Fantastic! Fans of Enclave need to read this short story about what fate befell the College Enclave after they banished Deuce and Fade. And more importantly what became of Thimble, Stone, and Boy 23. If you have yet to pick up Enclave, may be this free short story will turn you onto one of the best post-apocalyptic series around.
Aly
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Short but good information

I'm glad we got to see what happened to the enclave after Deuce and Fade left, especially Thimble and Stone. This was pretty short, but I appreciate the extra information so I'm not wondering about them. Hopefully they'll reconnect with Deuce in the series.
Amanda Croley
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Endurance takes place between the first and second Razorland books. After Deuce and Fade left the Enclave there was an uprising, they few people who survived were attacked by the freaks. Stone & Thimble (Deuce's bratmates) were able to get away with boy23.

***Spoilers***
Even though it isn't permitted for breeders to know which of the brat's are their own offspring, Stone always knew boy 23 was his. Once they make it safely into the tunnels, Stone has to fight off some of the freaks. Breeders are
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)
Reviewed originally @Blood,Sweat and Books

Despite being a Novella, Endurance read like a full length book. When I finished Enclave I was surprised to find that my edition had Endurance included. Naturally, I didn't want to wait so I started it immediately after finishing Enclave and boy, am I glad that I did. Endurance filled in so many burning questions that I had after finishing Enclave. Primarily what happened to those left underground after Deuce and Fade were exiled.
What I liked best about
Jen Davis
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’ve got two words to describe this story: Too. Short. It’s really good, packed with action and heart, and it was over in less than half an hour. (*sob*)

Here is where we find out what happened to the enclave after Deuce left –and it’s not a pretty picture. In short order, there is an uprising. And just when their forces are weakened by their own infighting, the zombies attack. Thimble and Stone turn to each other to survive and escape.

I love these two together. Both think themselves unworthy of
Heather Thurmeier
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really wish it had been a full novel instead of a novella. I liked that Thimble and Stone had different internal struggles than Deuce, Fade and Stalker. It was interesting to read a completely different take on this same world. I would have enjoyed reading about these two for longer and learning more about here their travels took them. But at least I know what happened after Deuce and Fade left the Enclave!
Gillian Murrell
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think this was an important novella to read as it shows what happened in the enclave when they did finally rebel. Stone and Thimble along with Boy23 appear to be the only ones to escape. No longer held down with the stigma and rules it does not take them long to over come the obstacles ahead of them in order to find safety.
Justine
Feb 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Firstly, I hate that tiny novellas cost as much as book sometimes. Secondly, I was disappointed in this. Yes I liked hearing how Thimble and Stone got out of Enclave and how Robin got his name, but I wanted more. I wanted to know how they had to fight their way out of the ruins and how they ended up in the island. So this one got lower ratings from me but I still enjoyed it.
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
An amazing side story
Eva Luna
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019, e-book
Rating: 4
I really liked learning more about what happened to Thimble and Stone.
The only thing I did not like was the beginning of this novella, it was a bit too rushed for me.
Helen
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short and incredibly sweet.
Janus the Erudite Artist
If you’ve read Enclave, surely at some point you got stuck wondering, what ever happened to Thimble, Stone and the rest of the College people? Did they get slaughtered just like those from the Nassau enclave? How exactly did Deuce’s best friends feel about her getting exiled? Let’s get the other side of the story shall we?

WARNING: Contains spoilers.

There is unease amongst the enclave. Some feel that their leaders are being unjust, while some side with them and feel that their leaders are only do
Marsha
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Young Adultsw
Normally I am not a huge fan of zombie stories of dystopian societies; however, Ann Aguirre writes such a unique and fascinating tale with her Razorland series, I immediately became hooked. After reading "Enclave," the first book in the series, I have been anxiously awaiting the second book; so imagine my surprise when I discovered that there was a novella that takes place in between book one and book two.

"Endurance" takes place shortly after Deuce and Fade have left the underground enclave. Thi
Sherry
I really liked this Novella in the Razorland series. Each chapter switches between Thimble and Stone. They are Deuces friends who stay behind in the enclave when Deuce is banished. But all is not well, there is rebellion looming. When the dust settles there is not much left, over half of the people are dead and it's only a matter of time before the Freaks sniffed out the weakened community. With Thimble's smarts and Stone's strength they, along with Stone's boy, Boy23, set out to search for safe ...more
April
This novella answered many questions left from Enclave. I have long wondered about Twist's parting words to Deuce and what became of her brat mates. I also though how could they not believe in her and turn their backs on her.

The revolution and freak attack were rather enlightening about the true nature of several characters.

It was great to see the reactions of Stone, a big strong Breeder who is not too bright, and Thimble, a clever builder who has a physical handicap. They each face the situati
Abby
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was a really interesting read all about what happened to Deuce’s friends, Thimble and Stone, and the Enclave after she was banished.
This book filled in a lot of the plot holes from the first book of the Razorland series.
I loved the first book and had a lot of hopes for this short story, but sadly I just found this too ‘lovey dovey’ for me. I don't usually mind a bit of romance in books but this was just way too over the top and as I don't really know or care that much about these two c
Mike
Aug 13, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm giving this 3.75 stars, but rounding down ;). Without giving anything away, the events that happened before the main characters left their situation felt contrived, pointless, and predictable. So much so I would have rather it just been summed up in a few paragraphs. Instead, I was bored 'till they moved on, which isn't good for a book this short ;). Personally, it would have been far better if the author spent more time with the development and interactions we saw in the tunnels and topside ...more
Myndi
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Thank goodness some answers, in addition to Deuce's "Dream" to what happened to the Enclave after they left. Some answers to what became of her dearest friends. I'm so happy with this! I've not read the rest of the series as I like to go in chronological order, but I have a hope that somehow Thimble and Stone will end up crossing paths with Deuce again someday! And how freeing for them to not have to stay in their molds any longer, to be free (even in the horror that is their new world) to make ...more
Barbara
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This short story follows Stone and Thimble as the College enclave falls to revolution and attack by the freaks and they are left on their own to survive, along with Stone's small child. I loved how they worked together to learn to fight and find a way to safety, using their strengths to make a great team, despite not having any training in those areas. I hope we find out what has happened with them in the next two books of the trilogy. I'm hoping they're reunited with their friend Deuce. ...more
Jessica
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a really good short story and has me dying until the next book in the series comes out. It was good to get some perspective on what happened to Thimble and Stone, that was one of the things that stuck with me in Enclave was how they stayed behind and we didnt know what had happened with them.
Carol
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a must read if you've read Enclave (if you haven't you should because its really good). It tells what happens to Thimble and Stone after the Enclave is destroyed. I hope Aguirre continues their story in Outpost, or writes another short story so we can find out what happens to them next. This was such a fun way to spend my time on the airplane:) ...more
Megan
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Though it doesn't seem plausible that it just so happens Thimble and Stone (best friends of the heroine of our series, Deuce) are the sole survivers (along with Stone's brat, Robin) of the College enclave, I do have hope for them.

Nice short story to see what happened to the compound and those that are left. Can't wait to read how it will tie in later!
Tanya
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic short story and add-on to Enclave. I was really sad when thinking Thimble and Stone hadn't made it out of College. I'm thrilled with their story. I'm patiently waiting for the sequel. ...more
Kai
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I got this when they were offering the novella from Heroes and Heartbreakers. I have to say, I enjoyed reading this novella. It was short and sweet, and is as interesting as Deuce and Fade's story. I hope Thimble and Stone get their own book, or at least be included in Outpost or Horde! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Where can I find this? 7 76 Dec 29, 2012 06:23PM

• Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Life Before Legend (Legend, #0.5)
  • Mutineer (Kris Longknife, #1)
  • Wickedly They Dance (After Darkness Falls, #3)
  • Reign (Strands of Starfire #1)
  • Kitty Cat (Age of Night, #1)
  • Wolf Shunned (The Alpha Queen Legacy, #1)
  • Finders Keepers
  • The Down Home Zombie Blues
  • The Library of Legends
  • Blood of a Huntsman (After Darkness Falls, #2)
  • The Shadow Cats (Fire and Thorns, #0.5)
  • Memento (The Illuminae Files, #0.5)
  • Daughter of Deep Silence
  • Free Four: Tobias Tells the Divergent Knife-Throwing Scene (Divergent, #1.5)
  • Stars Uncharted (Stars Uncharted, #1)
  • Retribution Falls (Tales of the Ketty Jay, #1)
  • Slave to her Desires (Succubus Diaries, #3.6)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Ann Aguirre has been a clown, a clerk, a savior of stray kittens, and a voice actress, not necessarily in that order. She grew up in a yellow house across from a cornfield, but now she lives in Mexico with her family. She writes all kinds of genre fiction, but she has an eternal soft spot for a happily ever after.

Razorland (4 books)
  • Enclave (Razorland, #1)
  • Outpost (Razorland, #2)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Vanguard (Razorland, #4)