Start by marking “Spencer's Forbidden Passion (The Westmorelands, #11)” as Want to Read:
Spencer's Forbidden Passion (The Westmorelands, #11)

Spencer's Forbidden Passion

(The Westmorelands #11)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  949 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
"YOU HAVE FORTY-EIGHT HOURS TO BE MY WIFE."

Millionaire deal-maker Spencer Westmoreland would bail out Chardonnay Russell's failing Napa Valley vineyard. And in return she'd bear his children. But she shouldn't dare hope Spencer would ever fall in love with her.

Her only choice was to accept the arrogant businessman's proposal. But becoming Spencer's wife--in every way--set
Published November 27th 2007 by Silhouette Desire

To ask other readers questions about Spencer's Forbidden Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spencer's Forbidden Passion

Shawnette
Aug 26, 2007 rated it liked it
The Wonderful World of Forbidden Passion

Since discovering Mrs. Jackson's Westmoreland Series, I have to say I wouldn't miss reading one for any reason, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the novels I have missed in this series. So, this is ONLY the fifth Westmoreland novel I've read and although it was a very passionate read it wasn't my favorite. I've read "A Little Dare", "Delaney's Desert Sheikh", "Thorn's Challenge", and "Seduction, Westmoreland Style" and I have to say I think th
Ms.Toni
Nov 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Indecent Proposal

We meet Chardonnay Russell. Her family owns the Russell Vineyard, a vineyard known for making a quality product that has fallen on financial hardships. Spencer Westmoreland enters the picture with a proposal that will end all of the family’s worries. But there is one catch, another proposal. He will help the Russells out only if Chardonnay agrees to marry him and bear his children. Is Chardonnay willing to commit to a loveless marriage in order to save her family’s vineyard? Wil
ms bookjunkie
1.5 stars because some parts I didn't totally dislike. But…

A winemaker who calls her daughter Chardonnay? Puhleeze.

As for the "hero," Spencer's an asshole. He blackmails/bulldozes Donnay into agreeing to a loveless marriage of convenience. That's not romantic in the least. And while it works in some HPs, it didn't work here. Not to mention the fact that he believes the worst of her without giving her the benefit of the doubt.
Miriam Jackson
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
For some strange reason i find that this book was not the best, although I did see the connection the characters had. In the story, Donnay was struggling to keep her property and Spencer came in and "helped her get it back" Again I feel like I am reading the same books,this story had the same plot as Hidden Pleasures(Steele). Overall It was a really good read but can we get another kind of plot please
Lynetta
Too Much

Spencer Westmoreland doesn't portray the Westmoreland charm in his early pursuit of Chardonnay Russell. Instead he acts like a tyrant with little regard for how she feels. This set the mood for the entire story and garnered feelings of dislike that lingered to the story's end. Here is one Happy ending that lacked conviction.
Lady Raven RAVE!
WOW.....

This was an interesting read i didn't think i would like the book but i did was a good read. a keeper to the westmoreland family ,(thorn is still my fav.)
Grace D.Mills
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read, I just continue to be ino utmost awe each time I finish one of Mrs. Brenda Jackson's books. I love reading her so!!!!!

Fantastic read! I just continue to be in utmost awe each time I finish one of Mrs. Brenda Jackson's books. I love reading her so!!!!!
tera mcleod
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

This was as all of the other Westmoreland adventures very enjoyable. I like how bold and determined Spencer was. It was humbling for him to be wrong. The sex was hooooot.....
Tigger
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This has to be my fourth time reading this story and I still truly enjoy it!
stilwaterz
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Spencer Westmoreland is wealthy, shrewd, intelligent, persistent, ruthless, intimidating, demanding and “fine as any man has a right to be”!!!! His character was a little too much for me to embrace at times, but only Ms. Jackson could pull this off. Spencer saw what he wanted and using any means necessary, he went after it. Chardonnay Russell stood between him and the land he wanted. Remove the barrier and get the land … right? Very simple solution. Well, this astute mogul didn’t count on fallin ...more
Jennifer Schultheis
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Spencer's Forbidden Passion is yet another fantastic read from the very talented Brenda Jackson. I will admit that my first thoughts about Spencer were not favorable. I couldn't believe he had the nerve to order Chardonnay to marry him, but as I got more into the story, I realized how much I loved his character. Both characters are well-developed and highly entertaining. Not quite sure how Brenda Jackson keeps coming up with these amazing characters and storylines, but I hope they never end. As ...more
Karen
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
All I can say is that Spencer Westmoreland wanted to have his cake and eat it too! He thought that he could blackmail Chardonnay into marrying him and have his children all in order for her to save her family's winery. What he didn't count on was falling in love with another woman after his former/deceased fiancé was found to be six weeks pregnant at the time of her death, knowing that he was not the father. Awesome read even though I was set to dislike him.
Niki
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book was just OK for me. Spencer is a typical Westmoreland but for some reason I didn't connect with him very well. I didn't like how he jumped to the wrong conclusion near the end of the novel.
Marilyn Diamond
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Spencer did not see falling in love with Chardonnay.. Most of us don't see falling in love.. When we are in close quarters for a period of time we don't know what can happen. I enjoy this romantic novel.. Brenda Jackson at it's best..
Carla wynn
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another Westmoreland Man gets bitten by the love bug. Spence thought his trip to California Wine County was to broker a land deal. Little did he know that the deal that he really wanted had nothing to do with land.
Dorel
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
At first I didn't like how Spencer blackmailed Chardonnay into getting her land, but I loved how it back fired on him & made him fall in love with Chardonnay. I love how strong Chardonnay was & she didn't let Spencer push her around.
Vanesha Nation
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Great Read

I chose the 5 star rating for this book because it has all the elements of a good love story
LaTonya
I thought this book was okay. I didn't like how Spencer blackmailed Chardonay into marrying him, but I did enjoy the love story afterwards. This wasn't one of my favorites in this series.
Leonella Navas
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
dios sii es excelente
Ariana
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book but I hated Spencer. He was just so arrogant.
Arnissa
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fireworks and feisty

Loved it. Chardonnay gave Spencer a run for his money. Hot and steamy read Westmoreland style. Can't wait to get started on the next book.
Taz Will
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not in my top ten but I really enjoyed Spencer and Chardonnay's story. She wouldn't back down and he was right there with her to get his way.
Vondetta Carter
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it another hit...Spencer got bit the first day bit the 1st day he met Chardonnay..He almost lost her but love won out over all. A hott read..
Shannon
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fast, but good read.
Jadah
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My first romance novel and I was not left unsatisfied...yaassssss
Jenise Shumaker
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
talk about being pushy. but it paid off
Nhan57
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good just like the others!
SnowSK62
Oct 21, 2017
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Renegade (Hideaway Legacy #10)
  • Sinful Chocolate
  • Sexy/Dangerous
  • A Merry Little Christmas
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands, #4)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Chase Is On (The Westmorelands, #7)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
“Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the vines have budded, if their blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates are in bloom— there I will give you my love. —Song of Solomon 7:12” 1 likes