Start by marking “Marketing Outrageously: How to Crank Up Your Revenue by Staggering Amounts” as Want to Read:
Marketing Outrageously: How to Crank Up Your Revenue by Staggering Amounts

Marketing Outrageously: How to Crank Up Your Revenue by Staggering Amounts

Arguing that risk-taking is the key to marketing success, the high- powered sports marketer recommends high-octane execution of bold ideas to pump life into a lifeless campaign.
Published June 26th 2001 by Wildcat Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Marketing Outrageously, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marketing Outrageously

Start your review of Marketing Outrageously: How to Crank Up Your Revenue by Staggering Amounts
Ronnie Arnold
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book because it was recommended by a friend. Although I do own a company and am not into marketing, I found this book to be quite interesting. Spoelstra takes a different approach to marketing that makes you consider elements to enhance your success. The big question and take away from this book is "What is it going to take?". Marketing outrageously takes a unique approach to marketing by going from bland to spicy with changes and ideas that anyone or any company can do in a heartbea ...more
Jeff Ski Kinsey
Apr 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book twenty or more times. It is a "must own and consume" for entrepreneurs. Period.

I bought it based on the cover art and topic. Who said that you cannot tell a book by its cover? It was not Jon Spoelstra.

Best take away phrase: What's it gonna take?
Rich
Mar 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
The book is a bit dated and as much memoir as it is actually about marketing - but still an enjoyable read that has some very cool concepts. The writing is also easy to follow and never dry - using nice personal example and anecdotes to emphasize points.
Nicole
Oct 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A must-read for anyone involved in sports marketing. It's actually a great book for anyone involved in marketing, period. Spoelstra provides so many creative ideas and new ways to think about reaching potential customers.
Rosemary
Aug 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone and everyone
Definitely a fantastic book...combined two of my favorite things....brilliant marketing and basketball...loved it.
Alisa
Aug 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
I liked this book because it incorporated sports with marketing-2 subjects I like. Has great stories and good ideas to get people's attention through marketing.
Matt Witten
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Clearly a great book for sports marketers from one of the thought leaders in the area, but a great read for any marketer/business person in my opinion. It reframes the marketing thought process, and pushes the reader to rethink the norms of marketing. Even though dated, I believe the way Spoelstra presents marketing and displaying value is only becoming more important in the current consumer landscape.
Jon
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ready to get more outrageous just in time for the start of hockey and hoops.
Audie Wynen
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well worth reading especially if you want to be different then your competition
Dmitry Kuriakov
Feb 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: marketing
(The English review is placed beneath Russian one)

Книга «Агрессивный маркетинг» от автора Йон Спэлстра, это попытка написать свой собственный «Маркетинг. Менеджмент», ориентируясь на свой особый стиль работы.

Эпатаж в маркетинге

Автор - и как мне кажется, это его ошибка - описывает почти все темы маркетинга, но делает это, основываясь на собственном опыте и стиле. А стиль у данного маркетолога, это реализация самых безумных идей. Поэтому если бы автор взял бы только эту тему, исключив рекламу, ц
Tony Tovar
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
No doubt, This is one of the best outside-the-box-thinking books I've read to date. It should be noted that Im writing this book after having read, "I'm feeling lucky" by Douglas Edwards.

I mention this because I felt that Google's founders, Larry and Sergey, must have read this book prior to launching their backed startup. I recommend reading this book then going on to reading about an outrageous little startup with a quest to dominate the world while doing no evil. You'll see the outrageous be
Brad
Dec 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Marketing/Creative people
This book is a good example of thinking outside the box, though it does not show very many failure ideas. I liked that often times he used humor in his marketing ideas. Humor allows people to relate well with the product or service being rendered.
Bryan
Jun 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
I really enjoyed reading this book. The ideas presented were very interesting and really got my brain moving. It made me rethink some of the marketing I have be doing. I will be trying to think a little more out of the box.
Beth Anne
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible- prepare to have your entire marketing strategy changed

Finally- a marketer who cares about results and gets them with creativity. This is an excellent book on marketing! Think outside the box and stand out.
Harrison
Jan 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Good book for some creative marketing ideas. It's an easy read w/ some easily applicable ideas, especially for sport marketing.
Rob
Sep 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
So far I have really liked this book. As I'm reading it my mind is racing with marketing ideas.
Komani Lundquist
Apr 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Another marketing book with a lot catch-phrase content, can be good for inspiration.
Flavil Hampsten
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic workbook style book. Jon pushes you to think outside of the box and beyond. After all, when you're selling the NJ Nets in the 90s you have to be a genius marketer.
Myron Davis
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read this book years ago. One of the best business reads I can remember. His marketing strategy for the Knicks was brilliant.
Trey Lane
Mar 16, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Melania and Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with the First Lady
  • Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon - Survival of Bodily Death
  • Forrest Gump (Forrest Gump, #1)
  • Love Story (Love Story, #1)
  • Airport
  • Chariots of The Gods
  • The Medium is the Massage
  • Life After Life
  • The Promise
  • American by Day (Sigrid Ødegård #2)
  • The Group
  • The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and The Suicide Club
  • The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact
  • Wow, No Thank You.
  • To Pixar and Beyond: My Unlikely Journey with Steve Jobs to Make Entertainment History
  • Sorry I Missed You
  • Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner
  • Against the Elements: The Eruption of Icelandic Football
Five years ago, I wrote a novel, posted it on Amazon, and then got distracted and forgot all about it. I know, shame, shame on me. I've got excuses, of course, but they're boring, and can’t hide the fact I did nothing for my novel, except write it.

Fast forward to about 30 days ago. A reader emailed me ( I put my email address in my books), and said she loved my (long-forgotten) novel Do-Overs. An

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...