Start by marking “Here Comes Sun” as Want to Read:
Here Comes Sun

Here Comes Sun

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  177 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The last of the six Lorraine girls unmarried, daring young Julie has been summoned to the coast of Maine, where her Aunt Martha has consulted the stars to find her a suitable match. Julie fully intends to prove her wrong, but, just as her train is departing, she jumps off to save a runaway dog and is left behind. A sudden storm forces her to take refuge in an old cabin, wh ...more
Published June 1st 1980 by Amereon Limited (first published 1924)

To ask other readers questions about Here Comes Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here Comes Sun

Diane Lynn
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, mystery, maine
Sweet, fun little story with a strong, spunky heroine. This one is a bit old fashioned and dated but it is authentic to the time it was written (1924). There is a little mystery to be solved which reminded me of an older Nancy Drew. In this book Julie is 23.

I did enjoy this book and give it 3.5 stars.

I have been humming the George Harrison song since I started this book. While I do like the song and enjoyed Abbey Road, it's time for the song to get out of my mind!
Sophie
Aug 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-books
This is not one of my favorite Emilie Loring books, but it's still enjoyable. If the smuggling plot is not particularly well done, I still appreciate Loring's attempt to point out the seriousness (in those days) of turning a blind eye--or even participating in--bootlegging. I also appreciated the political race that figures into the plot and that the hero is determined to run his campaign for state senator without digging up dirt on his opponent. He makes the point that good people stay out of p ...more
Crystal
Feb 27, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of old/ old-fashioned romances with suspense
This is a sweet book. All Emilie Loring's book are almost overwhelmingly sweet and wholesome, with prose that is just WAY TOO descriptive. However, the basic story structure is fun, in the dated, contrived "oh, your honor has compromised. let's get married in name only, and redeem it". always a set up for romance in books, and usually a good payoff for the reader. Like this one. It's a good, sweet, fun read. Read it when you want to just relax and enjoy a book that's not too demanding.
Cate
Aug 11, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good. some parts were very boring, but the climax was exciting and i couldn't but the book down.
Julie was supposed to be a strong and tough character but at times seemed very whiny.
colleen
Dec 19, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 1984
read 02.09.84
Madeline
I loved this Emilie Loring books. It is so mysterious and romantic.
Cherrie Wilson
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emilie-loring
This is one of the best Emilie Loring books I have read; and, I have read all of the printed books. I would recommend this series to anyone of any age.
Clara Ellen
A really fine story by Emilie Loring..with a satisfying conclusion..loved the characters and loved the story!
Mira
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Happiness Hill
  • The Fifth Kiss
  • The Sister Swap
Emilie Loring was born in Boston, Massachusetts in 1864 to George M. Baker and Emily Frances (Boles) Baker. Her father was a playwright and publisher and her mother was a homemaker. Loring married Victor J. Loring, who was a lawyer. She died in Wellesley, Massachusetts on March 13, 1951. At the time of her death, Loring had sold more than a million copies of her first thirty books.

Loring was a pr
More about Emilie Baker Loring...