Start by marking “Harvest of Bones (Ruth Willmarth, #2)” as Want to Read:
Harvest of Bones (Ruth Willmarth, #2)

Harvest of Bones

(Ruth Willmarth #2)

Fay Hubbard, recovering from a painful divorce, expects to find peace and solitude in a rural Vermont town. She plans to start a farmhouse bed-and-breakfast. She is lucky her gutsy neighbor, Ruth Willmark, can teach her to milk her rented cow and tell her which of the local trade people to call upon.The discovery of a mysterious ring attached to a lone finger bone found on ...more
Published August 15th 1998 by Minotaur Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Harvest of Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harvest of Bones

Carol
Mar 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I chose this little book as a mental palate cleanser, after reading several heavy-hitter chillers. Expected a tad of romantic fluff, mixed with lightweight mystery and predictable characters. Surprise! Literally, the plot thickened at a steady rate, with a mixed-bag of quirky personalities (and animals) to keep the reader involved. I'm a picky reader, won't waste time on poor content. This book delivered satisfaction.
Jenny
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had great character development but the narration was a little odd. Apparently in Vermont she thinks everybody repeats everything they say. "Oh yes she thinks I am a lout, oh yes she does." It seemed like a common quirk all the characters shared. There were almost too many threads to keep track of and not all of them were important (like the bull calf and Zelda thread). But it was a fun peak into Vermont - especially since I'm getting married there in a few months!
Elaine
Nov 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Nancy Means Wright is the author of five mystery novels. She lives in Middlebury , Vermont. Her novels feature a hot tempered dairy farmer, Ruth Willmarth, who is an offbeat character, striving to maintain her farm in contemporary Vermont. While driving in Vermont, I felt I saw her characters alive and well as we passed many such farms as she described in her books- particularly the maple syrup presses. Fun mystery with very human and humorous characters.
Jul 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a novel with a lot of quirky characters and one very big mystery: who is buried on the farm, and who put him there? The focal points of the story are two adjacent farms in Vermont. One is a run-down dairy farm barely hanging on, and the other is an even more run-down farm recently rented by a woman as a bed and breakfast.
Magda
Oct 30, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
These books seem to be more exciting than your ordinary murder mystery. It can get a little confusing with everything that's going on. However, the characters seem more real for having to juggle all the demands on their time, and just incidentally taking the reader along on an enjoyable trip.
Alise HARRIS
Sep 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: halloween
This book was published in 1998, and I'm assuming it's supposed to be set in that current time, but the whole thing reminded me of something from the 1920's. It was a chore to get through. I couldn't relate to it because I've never lived on a farm, I guess.
Janet
Did not finish
Joanne
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Formula mystery with something missing.
Amy
Apr 25, 2018
Malo Engel
Dec 09, 2014
Mary  (Biblophile)
rated it did not like it
May 06, 2009
Lisa
Feb 27, 2012
Beth
Feb 22, 2014
I'm the author of 18 books of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, including 5 mystery novels from St. Martin's Press, 2 historical novels: Midnight Fires: a Mystery with Mary Wollstonecraft ('10)and the Nightmare ('11)from Perseverance Press.For those who don't know her, Wollstonecraft is the brilliant but rebellious and conflicted 18th century author of A Vindication of the Rights of Woman,and mother o ...more

Ruth Willmarth (5 books)
  • Mad Season (Ruth Willmarth, #1)
  • Poison Apples (Ruth Willmarth, #3)
  • Stolen Honey (Ruth Willmarth, #4)
  • Mad Cow Nightmare (Ruth Willmarth, #5)