Start by marking “Color Your Life: How to Design Your Home with Colors from Your Heart” as Want to Read:
Color Your Life: How to Design Your Home with Colors from Your Heart

Color Your Life: How to Design Your Home with Colors from Your Heart

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews

Inspired by the need to feel comfortable and confident about the colors in our homes, COLOR YOUR LIFE teaches readers how to experiment with beautiful, bold and ageless color schemes for the home without ever making a mistake. ELAINE RYAN'S specially designed color matching system instructs homeowners how to pick colors that won't clash or bore. Filled with practical advi
Published April 17th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Color Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Color Your Life

Kathleen Dixon
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft
I pulled this off the shelf on a recent library trip - the title intrigued me. It seemed to be a little more than the usual interior designing book, and it is. The focus is on finding colors and furnishing that will feel like your own home, rather than leaving you feeling like you're living in a design magazine layout. I like the way the author does this as well - her prose is excellent, she has enough anecdote to make it interesting, and the style is relaxed and friendly.

This is quite timely fo
Wendy
Mar 14, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm trying to pick new paint colors for my house and I love color, so I was drawn to this book from the New Book shelf. Like most how-to books, there's not enough how. It includes a palette of colors (on perfed sheets in the back of the book) which is fairly limited but all guaranteed to work together. Gimmick. One interesting bit was the Supermarket Test. To find the colors that make you happy, go to the produce section and grab the most appealing fruits and vegetables. Don't think about it, ju ...more
Sally
Oct 09, 2009 rated it liked it
The first chapter was a call for color! She poked fun at people who decorate their homes with colors like butterscotch, caramel, cocoa and tapioca, which are all BROWN, instead of color. She encourages you to think of your favorite place, identify the colors in it and use them, brights and all.

I don't have color sense, meaning, I can't tell what will look good together, or what I will be *sick* of overnight, and this book didn't help me there. It's more about daring to use color.
Andd Becker
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating! Select supermarket fruits and vegetables in various colors. At home, arrange your four favorite colors in a bowl. Now you have a palette for home decor. Decorate your home with these colors.
Denise
Mar 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great book on color theory!
Ann