Start by marking “Phantom Lover (Harlequin Presents, #1707)” as Want to Read:
Phantom Lover (Harlequin Presents, #1707)

Phantom Lover (Harlequin Presents, #1707)

Phantom Lover by Susan Napier released on Oct 25, 1994 is available now for purchase.
Published November 1st 1994 by Harlequin (first published July 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Phantom Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phantom Lover

Jacqueline J
Did not like this book at all. I want my 2 hours back. I don't believe that the hero loved her at all. He did nothing absolutely nothing loving towards her in the entire book. He loved his dead wife and that was it. He had not an ounce of caring for her. He continually made fun of her and her naivety for believing he could have ever written love letters to her. He read her responses to them and made fun of her. Even at the end when he does write to her and tell her he loves her, he basically sti ...more
boogenhagen
Leona
Jul 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
ok...I know I am in the minority on this review, so please be patient with me. But I really thought there were some serious flaws with this as a romance.

1) I honestly can't find anything romantic about a woman who falls in love with a man, based on love letters he wrote to another woman.

2) The back and forth between the hero and heroine and the plot were just too twisted. I like a good screwball comedy, but this one just didn't work for me.

3) The heroine, clearly had very low self-esteem and s
LLC
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Probably more like 3.5*. This wasn't one of the best SN books, but saying that, it was still a good book. It had a great I LOVE YOU and HEA and it had a great cat named Monty.
Vanessa
Jan 28, 2012 rated it liked it

Honor Sheldon has been receiving letters from Adam Blake . . . letters that seemed to get steamier as time went on and the correspondence continued. Honor honestly thought all the letters were meant for her, but the last one mentions her sister, Helen – the beautiful model, by name! Honor feels “honor bound” to advise Adam of his mistake in person. She goes to his house and through a series of events she is taken for someone who is blackmailing the Blake family. She is promptly accosted by Adam
María
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015, ebook, mine
This was a lovely story, a bit anachronistic because they exchange letters. When Honor discovered that the letters she had received were destinated to her sister Helen, a beatiful model, she felt devastated. She tried to contact Adam, the author of the letters, but she was arrested because the police thought she was trying to blackmail Adam.
When all the misunderstanding was resolve, Adam practicaly kidnapped her and her awful cat, Monty and take them to leave whit him and his family.
When the tr
♥Aicha~high~on~books♥
Jul 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
The book is very funny with some laugh out loud scenes.
both the hero and the heroine are very endearing in their simplicity and forthrightness.
one does not really get to see such an awesome pair in a mills and boon book.These are people one can relate to and thats saying a lot for characters from harlequin books which happen to be more in the 'fantacy' genre.
This is one book totally worth the time one spends reading it. :))
3meg
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really, really, really like this book! My only complaint is how they make her sounds so unattractive even to the hero in the beginning and then he sends her a photo of his deceased wife and make it sound like he's just attracked to unattractive women...WTF! Other than that, this book is really sweet and you can't help but love all of the characters...worth the time.
Sapheron
Very funny book, absolutely loved Monty the cat. Highly recommended as an enjoyable read.
EeeJay
Feb 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
A major "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" book!
Read it to find out more! :P
MBR
25 year old Honor Sheldon finds herself in a bit of a pickle when she is picked up by a police car for skulking around Adam Blake's house. Being the plain sister, the one that every guy considers as their buddy without their girlfriends or wives getting jealous over her, Honor is intrigued and ultimately seduced by the letters she exchanges with a mysterious man. To find out later that the letters had in fact being written for her beautiful sister Helen is the "icing" on the cake which the rathe ...more
Rebecca
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
First romance I ever read, and in a moment of weakness at 2am when I couldn't sleep I picked it up again.
Ridiculous, cheesy, but quite fun.
The story falls apart a bit in the last 10 pages, but I like the rest of it.
Kathy
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
It was just OK !
Alexis-Morgan Roark
I seriously want to write a review of this book-I genuinely enjoyed the read, but I can't remember any juicy details to share at the moment. I feel a re-read coming on!!

Oh, I do remember that I did NOT like the whole plain heroine, plain deceased wife angle. Kinda creepy what he did to make the heroine feel better. Maybe it's just me.
Tia
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Definitely a great read. I loved how they uniquely got together. It was such a true romance of misconceptions and misunderstanding but I liked it a lot. My favorite character out of all the book had to be the cat though, especially at the end. It was a burst out laughing moment.
Monique
Jan 18, 2018
Veronikka75
Jun 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Perhaps being born on Valentine’s Day was an omen that Susan Napier would become a romance writer. This New Zealand author has written over 30 Mills & Boon category romances since 1984. Napier and her husband Tony Potter met when they both worked at the Auckland Star newspaper. After they married, she left the newspaper to work for a film company where she learned the art of dialogue. After th ...more