Start by marking “A You're Adorable” as Want to Read:
A You're Adorable

A You're Adorable

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  365 ratings  ·  53 reviews
A you're adorable.B you're so beautiful.C you're a cutie full of charms..D—you'll be delighted by this delicious traipse through the alphabet. Sing along as a lively company of children and pets scampers across these bright pages, climbing over and under and through the letters from A to Z. With warm and charming illustrations by Martha Alexander, this popular song of the ...more
Board Book, 22 pages
Published December 13th 2011 by Candlewick Press (first published January 20th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about A You're Adorable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A You're Adorable

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of A You're Adorable
Margaret Chind
What a cute little book. AppleBlossom picked this one out her self. She pulled it from the shelf and carried it around the library as I looked for other things. Each page has a letter for the reader to share with the child, such as "A You're Adorable" and "B You're So Beautiful". This little book is so cute and although it does not contain the entire alphabet as they take some short cuts it really is cute. I'm not a fan of "I for Idolize" but outside of that it is a cute book to share some reall ...more
Nikky Cassidy
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have this book illustrated by someone else. It has lovely pictures and the first half of the alphabet has its own page with things to spot that start with that letter and a cute complements although some are a bit odd. But then the more letters are on each page and some don’t have a complement or anything to go with them. The end seems rushed and like I said some of the complements don’t make sense to me. I wouldn’t read again although a book of alphabet complements sounds great.
Terri
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Martha Alexander took the lyrics of the 1948 pop tune and illustrated it in her inimical style to create a darling book for adults to share with their little ones. The moment I saw it, I had to own it because I remember my mother singing the song to me when I was small, then to my three sisters, and later to my own grandchildren.
Suzanne Kunz Williams
A darling book super fun that shows the many great qualities we think our children have!

**Talking points - What great qualities do you think your children have? Where did those qualities come from?
Ashley Zuniga
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a great book when teaching children the alphabet. The book can be incorporated into a song for children. I would use this book for kids as they are learning the alphabet becasue it will be catchy for them to remember.
J
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Used this as a unison read during my toddler storytime. Such a sweet book.
Karla Winick-Ford
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable
Love it

Exposes today’s children to a classic
Tier two rich vocabulary also
Jessica
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Cute, but I was expecting something for every letter.
PQ
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the song that goes with the words.
Andrea
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have LOVED this book sense I was 0!!! I LOVE this book SO much! My mom would sing/read this book to me and I was in love from the first time I read it! I don't think there was a childhood book better there were good ones but they were NEVER better! I could go on and on about this book but the last thing I'm gonna say is that, even if you read it now and say, "Oh this is so baby-ish." Just think the first time I was read/sung this book I was 1!
Kimberlee Gutterman
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: predictable
This book contains the familiar sequence of the alphabet but it is also predictable because is has flowing language. At the beginning and the end of the book it even has the music notes for the song. I think this book is a great tool for teaching or reinforcing the order of the alphabet. This is also great for the child to read because of the simple language. When the child gets to read the book on their own he or she will feel more confident about reading which would hopefully inspire them to c ...more
Caitlin Lawler
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A You’re Adorable by Martha Alexander is a small book with one line on each page starting with the letters of the alphabet. The book is made of very thick material and consists of eighteen pages front and back. The pictures are very age appropriate and leave the children showered with compliments and with a happy feeling. The thickness of the material of the book shows that it is geared towards younger readers and is extremely durable.

The book has a lighthearted tone to it and can not help but b
Terry
The illustrations are cute, but there isn't much else to the book. There are more engaging, fun A-B-C books out there. This seemed to be a great book because of its lyrical quality (and s/he loves music), but it didn't fly.

To read our full review (complete with the kids' opinions!) go to The Reading Tub®.
Drew Graham
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
A gang of adorable tots take you through the alphabet with this little ditty outlining all the things there are to love about you.

The text of this book is a song that my mom sang a lot when I was growing up, and this edition has cute accompanying illustrations. It's a good way to review the alphabet with your little one, and also a great snuggle book. The Boy (2.5) really likes it, and although I usually sing the traditional tune, I think he prefers Mommy's original composition even more.
Emily's Storytime Books
Though I like the song a lot, I'm not as big of a fan of the book version. It's just long and not interesting for the kids, especially if they're older and know the alphabet already. Definitely won't be reading this one again for Books & Babies or the 3/4/5 storytime. ...more
Betty Huber
Jul 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Great book for babies under 12 months. The words are a song from the 1940s and it's fun to sing to your baby. The pictures are old-fashioned and kind of hokey, but Thomas seems to love them. He grabs for this book all the time if only to shove it into his mouth -- could be the eyecatching yellow cover.
Miss Erica
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
GR Level: NR

Elementary: E ALE

This is a book that has the lyrics to the song A, You're Adorable. This is a song that would be applicable for a parent to sing to a child while teaching the ABC's. It gives an adjective that starts with almost each letter of the alphabet.
Tricia
Feb 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
The storytime sub shared this today. Apparently there's an old song and these are the lyrics. Basically it's an ABC of why you love your kid. Super sweet, plus you could use it to discuss anything from the alphabet to adjectives (yeah, that's the teacher in me).
Aug 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abby-s-books
I love this song and I love this book! This is the sweetest book - I love the illustrations and my daughter loves it when I read/sing this book to her. We've only had it a few days and she's starting to sing "A. . . adorable". I bought several copies - I think this will make a great gift!
Jackie
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alphabet, board-book
A You're Adorable is a sweet introduction to the alphabet for baby. Full of delightful, soft illustrations that will warm the reader's heart, it serves as a lyrical love song to a special little person in one's life.
Julianna
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march
This book was so cute, and it really touched my heart as I read it. The compliments that they come up with for every letter in the alphabet are really cute and I want to buy a copy for my home as soon as possible, so that I can read it to my little brothers and my nephew and everybody else!
Niccole
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book has text of a 40s song which I am not familiar with so I lose the rhythm quickly. The illustrations would be cuter if the scans were higher quality and bigger. There is a lot of white space in the book.
Kimberly
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-favorites
I love this alphabet book. I can't resist reading this to the rythm of the song, and the kids and i can't keep from singing it after we've read through it once. The pictures are sweet and I love that they've turned this song into a children's book. Love it!
Lyndsay
May 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any mother
Recommended to Lyndsay by: Mashell
I love to read and sing this book to James and Brynn!
Megan
The first time through, I wasn't really impressed, but then I looked up the original song that provides the words for this book, and it was kind of catchy.
R. C.
Mar 18, 2010 added it
A sweet song in a book that my preschooler is enjoying as an alphabet journey years after he liked it as a playful sing a long.
Erin
Mar 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOOOK!!!!!!!!! I read it when i was like 5 and i always loved sing the song...

A YOUR ADORABLE
B YOUR SO BEAUTIFUL....
Vivian
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Valentine's is about giving COMPLIMENTS.

What better way to do this than with an alphabet song like this?
(This would be fun to adapt to flip cards--holding up the letters as you sing the words).
Maren Prestegaard
Jun 15, 2011 rated it did not like it
i can't believe people made money on this book. lazy, boring, ridiculous. i hate it when they clump letters together to speed things up.
Nancy
Jul 22, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: music, childrens, alphabet
The song's been around since the 1940s--a must for any alphabet collection!

• Because
  • Perfect Square
  • I Am Enough
  • Hug Machine
  • The Undefeated
  • Listen to My Trumpet! (Elephant & Piggie, #17)
  • On the Night You Were Born
  • Time to Say "Please"!
  • Baby Bear Sees Blue
  • What Do You Do with an Idea?
  • Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale (Knuffle Bunny, #1)
  • Cat the Cat, Who is That?
  • King for a Day! (PAW Patrol)
  • Llama Llama Mother's Day Present