Start by marking “New Genesis” as Want to Read:
New Genesis

New Genesis

6 X 8 In, 304 Pp Three Diverse Authors Have Compiled Essays Written By Distinguished Lds Writers Who Have Documented A Wealth of Information and Experience On Environmental Situations Affecting Utah and Surrounding Environs Today. This Material Encompasses The Sweep and Majesty of A Land of Astonishing Beauty That Cries For Understanding and Respect From Its Inhabitants an ...more
Published August 1st 1999 by Gibbs Smith (first published December 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about New Genesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Genesis

Start your review of New Genesis
Don Gubler
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
The piece by Ted Wilson is outstanding, thought provoking and touching. It is spot on what I had hoped to find here. A few others are okay. Some are quite awful. I am afraid that this book points out the difficulty in finding prominent Mormons who are actually concerned about the environment despite what should be a premier understanding of our environmental stewardship.
Karen
Mar 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
An excellent collection of essays by local (mostly utah) authors. They are essays that I strongly relate to in my never ending quest to better fullfil my spiritural duties to be a good steward of the earth! Everyone should read this, member of the church or not!
Matt
Nov 17, 2009 rated it liked it
Overall I gave it a three star. This book is a collection of essays about the role of nature and the environment tied to Mormon theology. Some essays I would rank as five star essays whereas others only one.
Janet Frasier
Jun 17, 2009 marked it as to-read
Picked up a used copy (that had once been part of the Val Browning Library collection at Dixie State College) at Doc's Book Loft in St. George, Utah, on 6/16/09. ...more
Jeremy Snow
Mar 30, 2012
Jana
added it
Jul 06, 2012
Terry Tempest Williams is an American author, conservationist and activist. Williams’ writing is rooted in the American West and has been significantly influenced by the arid landscape of her native Utah in which she was raised. Her work ranges from issues of ecology and wilderness preservation, to women's health, to exploring our relationship to culture and nature.

She has testified before Congres