Start by marking “Keeper Martin's Tale (Ruin Mist Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Keeper Martin's Tale (Ruin Mist Chronicles, #1)

Keeper Martin's Tale

(Ruin Mist Chronicles #1)

Ruin Mist was featured in Publisher's Weekly Cover Story. Also recommended by the YA Librarians at VOYA Magazine, Foreword Magazine and in The Complete Idiots Guide to Elves and Fairies, Ancient Art of Faery Magick, Popular Series Fiction for Middle School and Teen Readers: A Reading and Selection Guide, and more.

Major marketing, print advertising, publicity and promotion.
Published February 1st 2002 by Reagent Press

Start your review of Keeper Martin's Tale (Ruin Mist Chronicles, #1)
Cathy Dark
Mar 25, 2010 rated it did not like it
This is a poorly written self published book. I normally wouldn’t even bother to waste time writing a review about it, since it is just a self published book pretending to be greater than it is. However I’m angry that I was tricked into buying this crap.

This book is not a “modern day fantasy classic”. It is not “better than Harry Potter” or “Star Wars with elves”. Robert Stanek is not “America’s Tolkien”. Where did all this over-the-top hype come from? One can only guess (or risk censor from
Eric Tall
May 06, 2011 rated it did not like it
Self published. The "adult" version of Kingdom/Elves/Reaches, but it is just the first two books of that series combined into a book with a different ttlte (and minus the corny pictures).

See http://conjugalfelicity.com/robert-st... for more details about the "interesting" promotional tactics of this author.
Rhea
Feb 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
Perfect snarkbait.

This book actually won 1st place... for Worst Fantasy Book Ever Written!

(http://bestfantasybooks.com/worst-fan...)

Allison
Oct 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
I got this back in my early days of trying to find decent new fantasy to read after Tolkien, Jordan, and Brooks, and the 5-star reviews led me to believe that this was going to be real quality fantasy on a par with Tolkien himself. Unfortunately, it is not, and instead I was often - baffled. The writing is contradictory and confusing, and I found myself re-reading passages to try to visualize what was going on, but then giving up and pressing on just to finish.

The only reason I continued reading
Yara
Jun 14, 2013 rated it did not like it
Oh God, where do I start?
Okay, so I found out about this guy from a few of my friends, they were all laughing about how 'bad' his writing was, but I always thought of it like this: well, it can't be THAT bad. If he can at least get published,then I guess I could give it a go.
To this day, I regret ever doing that. Ever. Grammar and spelling mistakes to the limit. Plot is confusing, characters are cardboard cut-outs, and bland as hell. Everything is boring and seems to be going no where. I got a
Alan
Sep 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
This... (wait for it)... is the *worst* book I've ever read. It's not one of those books that are so bad that they sort of become fun either... no this book has looped beyond that and back to just being a terrible book. The most terrible. The greatest emotion I felt was disappointment at the time I wasted trying to finish the thing.

Allow me to explain: whilst reading this sad excuse for a novel, I had a religiously weird experience.

"THE LORD IS TESTING ME." I screamed to myself.

description

Than, out of the
Alexandra
Don't believe the hype. This book has not been recommended as claimed in the blurb. It is not a best seller. It has not won awards. It is amateur garbage that has been slickly marketed. It also is not appropriate for children.

In addition the narrator on the version sold through Audible is horrendous.

Do your due diligence before purchasing this one.

My advice: Don't waste any money or any time on this one. There is no one who would honestly and truthfully
Asl4u
Feb 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I'm on chapter 8 and having a hard time continuing. So far I have only found really weak writing, and excruciatingly slow story movement. I keep waiting for the story to start...
I'll keep reading it - hoping that the positive reviews are indicative that the end of the book is better than the beginning - but I cannot imagine wading through this again for another book or two.
Liam
Apr 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Before I start ranting, keep in mind that all reviews with five stars are made by fake accounts of the self-published failure of an author, Robert Stanek.

The book, is, in every way, trash. If I could show you a map, you could see that he has no grasp on fantasy-map making, with original kingdom names like "Great Kingdom" an ungrateful brat named Vilmos who you would rather stab to death with rusted dirk than see to great heroism and fame. A snobby bitch named Adrino who betrays the trust of her
Mikayla MacIntyre
Jan 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
I couldn't even finish it. By the time I got to the middle, I just had to put it down. This is one of the worst books I have ever read.
BookWorm Forever
Dec 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
OH, the things this author does to the trees....

Aubrey
Jan 23, 2008 rated it liked it
It's a fantasy novel so I really like this type of book. It is pretty much ok, but I don't really understand it but I hope I will once I progress through the chronicles.
Micheal Craft
Jun 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is perhaps one of the single, most badly written novels I have ever had the displeasure of coming across. I thank the God's of the North that i had only borrowed it on amazon and did not have to pay a single cent.

Stanek's prose is non-nonsensical, weak, and the story itself is mix of over used fantasy tropes. I did some further research on the author an found a myriad of fraudulent practices that he utilized to trick people into thinking they were paying for a book by a well known author.

Sondre Jacobsen
Nov 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
How is this even possible. This is the litarary answer to fraud. Somehow these books were hyped up so much that they were able to be sold and recommended by the automatic search algorithms. This has no narrative, no story and a complete lack of coherance. I get the very strong impression that the author Robert Staneck is laughing behind our backs every time he gets a commission for a sale.
Alexander Draganov
I read this book many years ago, split into two volumes for children and joined the forum of the author, spending great time here and receiving the special edition as a gift... I was so happy when I received it in one cold winter day and had trouble retrieving it from the posts, because they were curious what is this package from the USA... Then I saw the illustrations and loved them, particularly the Elven warrior Seth. That was almost ten years ago, but I keep the happy memories.
As for the
Thea
Jan 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: superbe
Superbe saga héroïque et un monde extraordinairement travaillé, des descriptions sublimement détaillées, une histoire magnifique. Sans doute la référence du genre, en tout cas, Stanek est pour moi un maitre de la fantasy. Vilmos et Adrina qui voit s'affronter le Bien et le Mal pour la préservation de la Terre.
S.A. Thorup
Jan 17, 2016 marked it as to-read
I want to read this book just to see how badly written others are saying it is.
Tere Richardson
« previous 1 3 4 next »
It Is Just Like The Types Of Books I Read 2 27 Nov 23, 2013 12:06PM
It Is Just Like The Types Of Books I Read 3 28 Nov 23, 2013 12:05PM

• The Outside
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • Hipster Hitler
  • Maradonia and the Seven Bridges (Book 1)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #1)
  • The Tell-Tale Heart
  • The Pit and the Pendulum
  • The Big Book of Bugs
  • Ophiuchus
  • Growing Around: Party Panic
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #2)
  • The Gruffalo
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 3 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #3)
  • The Land: Monsters (Chaos Seeds, #8)
  • Trees, Vol. 1: In Shadow
  • Rumble, Vol. 1: The Color of Darkness
  • The Stain of Time v2: More than a Trent Reznor Biography
  • The Night Before Christmas
Also writes as William R. Stanek and William Robert Stanek.

Robert Stanek has been a writer for over 30 years and is the author of over 50 books. The most popular series by Robert Stanek include the Ruin Mist books, the Magic Lands books, the Bugville books, the Bugville Jr. books, and the Bugville Learning books which area all available via Amazon, Audible, Playaway, OverDrive, and more than two

Ruin Mist Chronicles (6 books)
  • Dragons of the Hundred Worlds Omnibus (Breath of Fire, Living Fire)
  • Kingdom Alliance (Ruin Mist Chronicles, #2)
  • Fields of Honor (Ruin Mist Chronicles, #3)
  • Mark of the Dragon (Ruin Mist Chronicles #4)
  • Elf Queen's Quest (Ruin Mist: Dark Path, Book 1)