Start by marking “You Never Did Learn to Knock: 14 Stories About Girls and Their Mothers” as Want to Read:
You Never Did Learn to Knock: 14 Stories About Girls and Their Mothers

You Never Did Learn to Knock: 14 Stories About Girls and Their Mothers

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
This diverse collection of fourteen original contemporary stories captures many different aspects of the special relationship between mother and daughter. From happy discoveries to tragic loss and rebellion to resolution, this collection brings together fourteen of today's top female writers from diverse cultures to explore a theme that is close to every woman's heart.
Published April 19th 2006 by Kingfisher (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about You Never Did Learn to Knock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Never Did Learn to Knock

Irene Liang
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
There are fourteen stories about mom and daughter in this book. At first I chose this book because the cover attracted me. My friend also told me the book isn't bad.
But after I read this book, I didn't very enjoy it. Some of the stories made me feel bored and didn't want to read the rest part.
There are several stories sound unreal but impressed me. One of them is called SING. It said a girl found that her mother met someone secretly and later she knew that is her real grandma. Then a romantic
Tara Carpenter
Jul 10, 2008 rated it liked it
I didn't really enjoy the first half of this collection of short stories about Mothers & Daughters. I put it down for several weeks. And when I picked it up again it seemed transformed. So either I was in a bad mood for the first half, or they saved all the good stories for the second half.

Some of the essays have too much teenage angst and seemed too contrived. But there were some really good ones too - dealing with death, divorce, and other life-changes.

The great thing about short story col
♥Marissa♥
Jan 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a really good book about Mother's and Daughter's relationships. There are about 14 stories in this book, and all of them are great.
Violet
Jun 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book dives into the relationship between Mothers and Daughters. The short stories are in all different but all show that Mothers and Daughters are together no matter what.
Esperanza Vargas
rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2010
May 23, 2015
Ninar m
Nov 27, 2009
(From official website)

As someone who has worked right across the media, I ‘meet’ the widest range of people through my books for adults and children, journalism and broadcasting. And I love it – especially my latest metamorphosis into an advice columnist, first for The Times and now for the Daily Mail on Saturdays. Believe me, there’s no complacency when I say I am blessed with a terrific life. I