Start by marking “Keep a Lid on It, Pandora! (Myth-O-Mania, #6)” as Want to Read:
Keep a Lid on It, Pandora! (Myth-O-Mania, #6)

Keep a Lid on It, Pandora!

(Myth-O-Mania #6)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  430 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
That story about Pandora opening a box and releasing terrible, evils into the world? A total whopper. Pandora didn't give a fig about what was inside it. The only one who was itching to know was--one--guess--Zeus!
Published December 3rd 2005 by Hyperion Books (first published May 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Keep a Lid on It, Pandora!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep a Lid on It, Pandora!

Deana
This was the second of two books in this series that my niece borrowed from the library when she visited. I didn't like this one as much as the Medusa book -- this one had a lot of the same annoying gimmicky feel with the made up words and the "oh brother" relationship between Hades, Zeus and Po, but the plot didn't do enough to make up for it. The main storyline in this book is Zeus giving Pandora the box and betting that she'll open it, and when she doesn't he does everything he can think of o ...more
Hao huang
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: myth-o-mania
Keep A Lid On It, Pandora! Is the sixth of the series Myth-O-Mania by Kate McMullan. It is about how hard Zeus has tracked Pandora to open an evil box that will unleash the most evil things on the Earth. So Hades tried to protect Pandora from Zeus’ track.

Actually Pandora did not open the box by herself, she was trying to help the old man. (And that old man was the sneaky Zeus) The story starts when Prometheus first made the Guy, (the old mortal) they need food, warmth. So Prometheus stole the fi
Dolly
Jan 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read longer chapter books
This is the sixth book in the Myth-O-Mania series by Kate McMullan. These books are fun to read and have a youthful and humorous perspective that makes it simple for people to remember the various characters and their stories.

We are balancing these fun tales off with more classic fare, like The Wanderings of Odysseus: The Story of the Odyssey by Rosemary Sutcliff, so our girls can hear the original tales, too.

This book offers a humorous take on the story of Pandora - we really enjoyed the wit
Owen
This book is about the story of pandora but its from hadies's point of view. It is about how promithius makes people and gives them fire, then zuse makes pandora and gives her the box to punish the people. Zuse disgiuses him self to try to get her to open the box though.

I can make a text to world connection to this book. In this book Zuse dressed up like many things. This reminds me of spys. They are always going under cover and everything. It also could be a text to text connection to a movie
Helen
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
I read this at school during silent reading times with the kids since they seem to love this series. I really didn't like it much, though. I almost quit reading it since the beginning assumes the reader knows quite a bit of mythology, which I don't. But I kept going and it definitely got better. There's a lot of weak humor, but because I don't know much mythology, I think I missed some of the jokes, and wasn't sure what was accurate and what wasn't. It just wasn't my cup of tea.
Yejoon Kim
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun read. The main events in the original myth remained, but the way it happened was much lighter, that it could be read and be enjoyed by children.

And I like Hades, here. I mean, I always love Hades, ever since I began studying the Greek Myth, but I like his personality here. Not too dark, and not to jolly either.

Anyways, I like it, and I'm hoping to stumble to another book from this series. :D
✌ Ashley ☠
Page Count:192
Book 6
Recommended to: Fans of Greek mythology; ages 11-14

The best part of this story, for me, was the creation of humans. The "guys" were so spot on, my husband could have been a character.
I love that Pandora didn't REALLY open the box herself. She was tricked. Finally, the woman isn't blamed for all the evil in the world.
Raymond
Apr 20, 2009 added it
Shelves: quarter-3
you think you know the story of pandora and the magical box. well you got it all wrong. Pandora was created and given the curiosity by Zues. And then he give a box that was not suppose to open. He then betted on hades that she will open it and he tricks her into open it. This is what hades the ruler of the under world say really happen.
Miss Clark
Karen
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'd say the same thing that I said in my review for the whole series (under Have a Hot Time, Hades!), with the addition that I was greatly relieved that Prometheus's punishment got spared a bit in this one :) I was dreading that part...
Abi
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Still some annoying words.
Judi
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ana says the best part of the book was when Zeus tried to trick Pandora into opening the box of evils. Ana says this is a great book for Greek mythology lovers.
Natalie
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it
It was okay but think I liked Go for the gold, Atlanta , better
Barefoot Danger
Jan 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
I used to enjoy Greek mythology - until I was forced to read these books.
Sabriya
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
omg!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO READ THE OTHERS!!!!!
Hajra
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was a funny way to mix up the famous greek myth, kept me wanting to read more and more...
Xochitl
Zww
Mar 31, 2014
Daisy
Jun 22, 2013
  • Absolute Zero: Being the Second Part of the Bagthorpe Saga (The Bagthorpe Saga, #2)
  • Wizard at Work
  • A Dignity of Dragons
  • The Basilisk’s Lair (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #2)
  • Hot-Air Henry
  • Angelina and Henry
  • Wedding Bells Ahead (Grandma's Attic #7)
  • The Xanadu Adventure (Vesper Holly #6)
  • Furry Logic: A Guide to Life's Little Challenges
  • A Penguin Pup for Pinkerton
  • Norman the Doorman
  • Hedgehugs
  • Peril at King's Creek: A Felicity Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • The Immortal Fire (Cronus Chronicles, #3)
  • Born Yesterday
  • Zella, Zack and Zodiac

Myth-O-Mania (10 books)
  • Have a Hot Time, Hades! (Myth-O-Mania, #1)
  • Phone Home, Persephone! (Myth-O-Mania, #2)
  • Say Cheese, Medusa! (Myth-O-Mania, #3)
  • Nice Shot, Cupid! (Myth-O-Mania, #4)
  • Stop That Bull, Theseus! (Myth-O-Mania, #5)
  • Get to Work, Hercules! (Myth-O-Mania, #7)
  • Go for the Gold, Atalanta! (Myth-O-Mania, #8)
  • Hit the Road, Helen! (Myth-O-Mania, #9)
  • Get Lost, Odysseus! (Myth-O-Mania, #10)