Start by marking “Tatiana's Table: Tatiana And Alexander's Life Of Food And Love (The Bronze Horseman #3.5)” as Want to Read:

Tatiana's Table: Tatiana And Alexander's Life Of Food And Love

(The Bronze Horseman #3.5)

Many years have passed since that time Tatiana made lazy cabbage for Alexander. Yet it was still vivid in her mind: her grandmother’s slightly hoarse quiet voice, the taking of the tram across the river, the waning afternoon, the ache in her limping, broken leg: but above all, the desire to make something for someone, for no other reason than to please him.
Published April 1st 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Tatiana's Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tatiana's Table

Start your review of Tatiana's Table: Tatiana And Alexander's Life Of Food And Love (The Bronze Horseman #3.5)
Natalie
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars!
Soon, he put the melting ice cream away.
"Shura," Tatiana whispered, "darling, forget what should have been. Remember all that was."
"Tatiasha, babe," Alexander whispered, coming back to bed to be covered, "my one and only wife, forget our age, our splendid youth, forget it all and let our crazy love make us young.”

It is not possible to give this cute little-extra book anything other then 5 stars. Not when it is our beloved Tatiana and Alex
Andrea
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Tatiasha, babe, " Alexander whispered, coming back to bed to be covered," my one and only wife, forget our age, our splendid youth, forget it all and let our crazy love make us young."

If I said Tatiana's Table was perfection, that it was brilliant and beautiful and soothed my heart, that I can't imagine not having it to fill out The Bronze Horseman series... If I said ago those things, they would be an u
Kathy
Apr 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet and yummy (literally) addition to the Tatiana and Alexander saga. I'm not much of a cook but several recipes look quite good and perhaps I'll pretend to be Tatia and make my family a few of these dishes. I just might try the beergaritas tonight, if Alexander is right, my husband will be very happy after I drink a few!

What I loved most about the book, were the little stories that went along with the recipes. I enjoyed reading about the younger Barringtons and also learning about the
Nicole
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*First read: January 1, 2015
*Second read: October 13, 2015
*Third read Aug 12-13, 2016

This is so much more than a cookbook. This is a priceless gem for any TBH fan. I weep with happiness and sorrow every time I read it. Every recipe has a story that goes along with it. Little pieces of Tatiana and Alexander's lives that we don't get in the trilogy. And I have a strong feeling that Tatiana is such a wonderful wife and cook because Paullina must be. Her passion for food and cooking and cooking to p
Cindy
It's a book with Alexander Barrington in it, OF COURSE it gets 5 stars. #duh

The recipes alone are worth it, but this book is so much more than a cookbook. It is snippets and short stories from the span of Tatiana and Alexander's lives - before, during and after the 3 TBH novels. These tidbits are GOLDEN. Absolutely golden. There is an alternate ending that will rip out your soul and leave you a weeping mess, and that is not putting it lightly. Simply put, this book a gift to any fan of this seri
AJ
Jan 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Totally worth it for the extra little snippets that take place throughout each of the books in the trilogy.

The alterate ending had me in tears!!!
Rachel
May 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the absolute perfect ending for Tatiana and Alexander. After reading the trilogy, I found myself wanting more. This satisfied me.

And how I bawled my eyes out when reading a snip of how an alternate ending may have been for Tania and Alexander had she not gone back for him! Wow Paullina Simons does not fail to deliver. She is astounding. The most amazing author.

I truly feel privileged to have read her books.

I cannot wait to make Blinchiki, the one and only potato pancakes, and the chicke
Tonya
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Finally read this cover to cover tonight! It's so good. Such a gift and a must read for any lover of this trilogy.
Ivy
Jul 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of cooking, eating and Paullina Simons.
This is the first cookbook I have ever read cover to cover. Paullina Simons writes an unconventional cookbook based on her Tatiana and Alexander trilogy full of deliciously easy recipes. Simons presents her recipes according to her books in the order in which they would have been prepared. As the Bronze Horseman takes place in war torn Leningrad, all the Russian recipes are included first, followed by Italian, Mexican and American dishes as Tatiana reaches the United States. Desserts are include ...more
Jenny
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who is sad about finishing The Bronze Horseman trilogy, I'll have to lend you this book. I've had it for a few months but wanted to wait until after I finished The Summer Garden to read it so I wouldn't be spoiled. It's unlike any other cookbook; so far, it's more like a fourth installment as it's divided into chapters and filled with stories that weren't in the other books with recipes accompanying the stories. Right now, at the beginning, the recipes are with stories of Tatiana's ch ...more
Karen
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All of the joy, none of the angst! For those who love this series, this is a treat. A wonderful way to revisit various moments in the series with new scenes.
SissiReads
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nothing compares to Alexander and Tatiana's story. It is the most beautiful and epic love story of our time.
Claire Mojieski
Mar 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010, series-shura
I have read and loved all three books in the Bronze Horseman series. This book is such an amazing addition to that series. Not only do we now have Tatiana's recipes from all the books but we also get some short stories thrown in along the way. One of my favorite parts was the alternate ending. Paullina Simons gives us a glimpse of what the story would have been like if Tatiana hadn't gone back to the Soviet Union to find Alexander in the second book. I read this book in an afternoon and then mad ...more
Melanie
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Tatiana's Table takes you for a walk down memory lane with Tatiana and Alexander as they roam through their memories of Russia, New York, Arizona and Vietnam sharing recipes and food related stories as they go.

There are not just Russian recipes but recipes that Tatiana learnt when landing in New York. There are Chinese, Italian, Mexican and many more.

It was interesting to read about traditional Russian recipes, how much love goes into cooking from the Russian women. It really is a labour of love
Jaime
After waiting almost a month and a half as the mail had lost my copy i got a replacement and then i got my lost copy but it was well worth the wait. This would be a perfect book for when you are missing Shura and Tatiana but don't have time to read the whole books. I didn't buy this book for the recipes but for the little stories, although i do want to try Tatiana's banana bread. And i loved the little epilogue at the end but the alternative ending was heartbreaking.
Tina
Apr 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves TBH Trilogy
This was a great way to end a wonderful love story. It is all of Tatiana's receipes she makes for Alexander and her family. In Tatiana's world food is love and she has so much love for Alexander that it just had to be written in a cookbook. There is also little stories associated with the food that Tatiana prepares for them that shows the love she puts into her food. Loved it!!!
Zeek
A recipe book based on The Bronze Horseman Trilogy by Simons which also weaves in some tantalizing vignettes from Shura and Tatiana's life. Thoroughly enjoyed reading through this unique book- and the recipes too!
CariAnn
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Really and truly wonderful. It's definitely a must for anyone who has read the trilogy, so why is it so hard to find?? I'm officially on the lookout for a copy of my own since I'll have to send this one back to its proper home....
Luchi Rzezak
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is such an amazing addition to the Bronze Horseman triology. all the recipes have some short stories thrown in along the way that makes us all so happy and tears come down again. Thank you for this bonus Paullina.
Donna
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Working my way through the recipes! I love the bits of the story she has included.
Agnesc
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love love love the little stories between T&A. Their love is so profound that makes my heart full. The "what if" life was so heartbreaking but they would always find a way to get back to each other even after 55 years! Also, I got to know more about Ant and Vikki. Oh Vikki.... she's indeed a good friend of T. She stuck to her promises. I adore her. ...more
Danielle
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
CUTE CUTE CUTE !! Now this is the ending that I would have loved for the third book. Warmed my heart and gave closure to their story. I also loved the fact that it was a recipe book. Will definitely be trying to make some of those meals.
Hana
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-favourites
Finally finding this book 10 years after finding out it exists makes me want to fall down and stay there.

If you're fans of The Bronze Horseman trilogy, or anything Paullina Simons for that matter, this book will tick all your boxes.

Although it does relate to the epic story of Tatiana and Alexander, its mainly a cookbook. It does have the odd story in between recipes which is really cute, but I did feel that the stories were written with a different narrative than the other 3 books in this series
Cassandra
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! What a great ending to an amazing series. I was expecting the recipes but the little stories woven throughout were a wonderful surprise. It was so nice to glimpse little bits of Tatiana's and Alexander's lives, especially the times they shared with their three youngest children. And the end!!! To read that alternate ending of how their lives could have turned out if Tatiana didn't go back for Alexander...my heart was in my throat. So happy I found this little gem on eBay....and ....wai ...more
Ashley
May 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Can't get enough of Tatiana and Alexander so I loved the little extra snippets you get. Plus...the recipes are great! My husband loved the Chicken curry :)
Lisa
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read this if you read The Bronze Horseman trilogy. It gives you warm heartfelt recipes and you relive Alexander and Tatiana's never ending love
ratherread
Feb 14, 2013 marked it as to-read
With Natalie's help, I finally found a copy of this book at Abebooks.com and it's on the way to my house as I write. YAY!!!
Sabrina Davis
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Soon, he put the melting ice cream away.

This is a delicious addition to the "Bronze Horseman" trilogy.
Not only do I love the wonderful and yummy recipes (especially after trying the Napoleons) but I lo
Georgie
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is a Paullina Simons book and a continuation - final sweet instalment - of Alexander and Tatiana's story. Already amazing! Anyone who has read The Bronze Horseman Trilogy knows that cooking for her family - for Alexander - was an important part of Tatiana's life. For her food showed her love for those she made it for. From her first learning to do so at Fifth Soviet and through all the years following it became a reflection of where she had been and her experiences in life.
All the dishes men
Elizabeth
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-owned, 2-favorites
The Bronze Horseman series just fills me up with so many emotions and makes me feel I have gone on the life journey with Tatiana and Alexander.
At times I am laughing out loud and then other times broken hearted. Incredibly well written and thought out in its complexity and scope and delivery.
How much did everyone pay for this book? 10 44 Jan 20, 2015 04:26PM

• I Do, Babe (Hades Hangmen, #5.5)
  • Beauty Found (Hades Hangmen, #6.5)
  • When Ashes Fall
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • Life Without You
  • The Virgin Gift (The Gift #2)
  • The Bridge on the Drina (Bosnian Trilogy, #1)
  • Cloudstreet
  • Ravishing the Heiress (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #2)
  • The Proposal (Wait for You, #2.5)
  • The Viennese Girl
  • Three is a War (Tangled Lies, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #4)
  • Desert Rain
  • Two is a Lie (Tangled Lies, #2)
  • Τα 88 ντολμαδάκια
  • Πριν νυχτώσει
  • από καρδιάς...
Paullina Simons was born in Leningrad, USSR, in 1963. At the age of ten her family immigrated to the United States. Growing up in Russia Paullina dreamt of someday becoming a writer. Her dream was put on hold as she learned English and overcame the shock of a new culture.

After graduating from university and after various jobs including working as a financial journalist and as a translator Paullin

The Bronze Horseman (3 books)
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)
  • The Summer Garden (The Bronze Horseman, #3)