Start by marking “The Tombstone Tourist: Musicians” as Want to Read:
The Tombstone Tourist: Musicians

The Tombstone Tourist: Musicians

The ultimate guide to the gravesites and memorabilia of great musicians who've shuffled off this mortal coil.

Joey and Dee Dee Ramone • Frank Sinatra • Jim Morrison Rick Nelson • Roy Orbison • Howlin' Wolf • Elvis Presley Randy Rhoads • Billie Holiday • Jim Croce • Buddy Holly Liberace • Bob Marley • Stevie Ray Vaughan • George Gershwin • Judy Garland • Patsy Cline • John B
Published September 1st 2003 by Gallery Books (first published May 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Tombstone Tourist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tombstone Tourist

Loren
Jan 10, 2010 rated it liked it
I reviewed the first edition of this book in Morbid Curiosity #5. The author, Scott Stanton, went to the trouble of tracking down my phone number to call and discuss the review, especially my list of musicians who should have gotten some attention and my concerns that the lack of an index made the book difficult to use. Both issues have been corrected in this edition.

Full disclosure: Stanton asked me to photograph some grave monuments for this edition, but my photos didn't make the cut into the
Sara
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it
This book is a series of short bios on musicians who have died, giving updates on their deaths and burials. I'm not sure why some artists were in the main section and others in the following shorter section but it might be personal preference of the artist. It was informative but not quite as interesting as I was hoping it would be.
Mandy Huot
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kudos to the author of this book for taking the time to travel and photograph all these wonderful stones! I can only hope mine comes out half as good as this one! Great info, some musicians I've heard of, others I haven't, but felt like I knew them after reading.
Holly
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting and full of little known facts about the lives of the musicians as well as their deaths and burials. Now I want to read a biography of Jelly Roll Morton, visit a couple of graves in Queens and ponder on what really happened to the ashes of Sid Vicious.
Suzanne
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun, great resource.
Randolph
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read it then go find 'em.
Tammy Picon
Jul 09, 2012
Annabelle Havlicek
Sep 24, 2017
1 follower
Scott Stanton is an avid traveler, writer, and, as he puts it, "a really mediocre guitarist." His latest book, The Tombstone Tourist—Musicians, chronicles the final resting places, shrines, homes, and memorabilia of over 500 dearly departed musical artists throughout the world. Raised in the musically rich environs of Southern California during the sixties, Stanton spent nearly a decade working in ...more