Start by marking “You Have Been Here Before: A Psychologist Looks At Past Lives” as Want to Read:
You Have Been Here Before:  A Psychologist Looks At Past Lives

-- overeating
-- insomnia
-- headaches
-- allergies
-- and other common problems
.......Reincarnation Therapy.
In a deep hypnotic trance, a man tortured by insomnia recalls a life as a marshal in a western town. A sexually frigid woman remembers a tragic life as a slave girl. A man suffering from an inexplicable fear
Mass Market Paperback, 242 pages
Published November 12th 1986 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about You Have Been Here Before, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Have Been Here Before

Kemila Zsange
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Being a hypnotherapist myself, having read all major books on past life regressions, and having conducted many past life regressions myself, I still found this book intriguing. I got the second hand paperback which was the first edition from 1978. The book looks like a novel, and the stories were no less interesting than any novels - Fascinating stories! That's how I love doing this work. Everybody who walks into your office, old or young, good or not so good looking, male or female, interesting ...more
Margarida
3,5*
Tim Malone
Jul 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Some of my regular readers are going to be mad at me. I’m going to argue in this essay the exact opposite position I presented a few weeks ago on Eternal Lives, Past Lives and Reincarnation. In that paper I stated what I would consider to be the orthodox position of most church members. I focused on the idea that we pass through this life but once. That essay opposed reincarnation.

Since I wrote that essay I read two older books from Dr. Edith Fiore. She has published three but I just could not b
Katsu
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
Really interesting book which author do not claim to be sure reincarnation exists. She has pretty scientific approach to this problems.
This title consist of stories from past lives regressions, which are really interesting, but often depressing and touching. As world may look very pessimistic it's worth noticing that this are stories of people who wanted to get rid of their problems, so it's understandable positive events are not the one causing problems.
It wasn't enough for me thought, made me
Allison
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
In the past month I've read three books by Dr. Brian Weiss, and became fascinated with regression therapy. Weiss recommended this title for further reading.

Edith Fiore's book is essentially a collection of case studies. Each chapter begins with a short description of a patient and the issues they want to address through regression therapy (aka past life hypnosis). Transcripts of these sessions are included, which makes this book very easy to read. Whether or not the patient believed in past liv
L.L.
Bardzo brutalna książka. Znaczy się po tych sesjach możnaby wnioskować że wszędzie pełno przemocy seksualnej itp... i w sumie to może rzeczywiście tak się dzieje na przestrzeni wieków.
Ogólnie co mogę powiedzieć... wypatruję jakichś różnic między tym czego dowiadują się terapeuci przeprowadzający regresję, czegoś co wprowadzałoby wątpliwości :> Ale muszę powiedzieć, że trzecia książka o reinkarnacji (tzn. trzeciego autora) i nie znajduję niczego takiego, przeciwnie - choć każdy zabiera się do
Annette
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
En definitiva si el tiempo es infinito al menos para una sola vida en la tierra, por qué no regresar?
Si somos tantos y tantos en el mundo, por qué no explorarlo en varias oportunidades.
Por otro lado es trágico que siempre sea tan triste la historia de nuestras vidas pasadas, pero claro las personas llegan al consultorio a solucionar problemas, no alegrías.
EL libro me sigue impulsando a experimentar en mis propias vidas, espero poder experimentar y descubrir quién soy
Maynalg
Jan 30, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to Maynalg by: No Doubt Norene
True, I was rather young when I read this book (about 12 or 13), BUT it rattled up a good catholic upbringing by giving me other ideas on the possibilities of what the afterlife could be... Now, Im all messed up... in a good way perhaps?
Jason Cummins
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: past-life, spiritual
I first read this book at a very critical time in my life and it was part of the beginning of a long journey of learning and discovery.
Linda T.
Mar 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I have been fascinated by this subject matter for 40 years! Dr. Fiore's work held me from the beginning to the end... (Oops..I don't think that there is an end!).
Cynthia