Start by marking “To Live is Christ - Member Book” as Want to Read:
To Live is Christ - Member Book

To Live is Christ - Member Book

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  268 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Published December 1st 1997 by Lifeway Church Resources

To ask other readers questions about To Live is Christ - Member Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Live is Christ - Member Book

Katie
Apr 23, 2009 rated it liked it
I cannot believe I actually finished this one. I was SOOOOO tempted not to. It's definitely the hardest study I've ever done. It was totally an exercise in faithfulness.
Scarlett Pierson
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was probably one of the best studies I've done. What an example Paul is to us! Lord, may I glorify you the way your servant Paul did.
Emily
May 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
We did this study in our women's Bible study last year. I did every single lesson, left no blank unfulfilled - yet I wondered why I was getting so little out of this study. I didn't think it dull; but at the end of the study, I felt as though I'd simply taken a history course in school.

I realized later that there were two reasons why the study had this effect on me personally (because the same thing happened again after we did Moore's Jesus, the one and only - Member Book. First, the study is se
Lisa
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Finished the last week's homework of this Bible study today. It was so awesome to learn more about Paul, his life, and his teachings. I learned a lot through this study. I do wish it had been updated, being from the 90s made the video seem quite old. I hate saying that since I was in high school in the 90s so it doesn't seem like it should be that long ago! But the core matter is what's important and it was really good! Since it was one of Beth's first studies and I have done recent Moore studie ...more
Karen Klein
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bible-study
Absolutely awesome study of Paul. This is the first Beth Moore bible study that I have done and I absolutely loved it. Not only did I learn so much about the Apostle Paul, but I read so much scripture too because she has you all over the place in the Bible! It's a great thing! I picked up a copy of the hardcover book with the same title and am looking forward to just reading Paul's story. I've also already picked up another of Beth Moore's books and am sure that I will be reading many, many more ...more
Judi
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianity
Our Bible study group completed this 10 week study on the life of Paul tonight. The study covers the book of Acts and Paul's epistles - covers Paul's 3 mission trips and the final trip to Rome and imprisonments. It was a phenomenal study and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in an in-depth study and willing to put in the time. If you've done Beth Moore studies you know you have your work cut out for you with a good 5 days of homework (about an hour each day), plus weekly di ...more
Nicole
Aug 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-book-list
I have learned so much as a result of this study. It takes time and persistence but is well worth it. Every week was filled with new insights about God, His Word, and faithful Paul. Our small group really enjoyed this study because it was so scripture based rather than based on a certain subject. Reading about Pauls life from birth to death is very motivating, convicting, and interesting. I will definately refer back to this study over and over again.
Mevanee
Jan 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Moore reveals more about the apostle Paul and his life from the Scriptures. She is wonderful at providing background and word studies. Paul's fervor for God is a central feature of the study; I found every chapter to be challenging and engaging. Reading the Scriptures she discusses also adds to the study of Paul's life.
Shanna
Apr 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I can't put my finger exactly on what it is, but I didn't find this study as powerful or impactful as other Beth Moore Bible studies. I enjoyed it, and I learned a great deal about Paul, but for some reason, I felt like something was missing. Maybe if I had heard Beth teach it live, and I hadn't just read it, that would have made a difference.
Chandra Boulden
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
The life of Paul is very controversial. I am not a lover of him generally however, Beth Moore helped me see his good and bad. His life went from one extreme to another, but in the middle he was able to spread the gospel and try and be an example of what we should/could be. He is still a very opinionated fellow, but at least willing to die for his convictions. Most are not.
Denise
May 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
A Bible study isn't exactly the same as other books, but it takes a lot of reading! I'm loving this study, I think I might be turning into a Beth Moore fan. She brings the Bible alive and makes you want to dig into it more, to learn more from the source itself.
Tyler
May 24, 2009 is currently reading it
I'm going thru this study w/ Katie (in spite of all my Beth Moore jokes, I do understand why so many women enjoy her studies). I'll probably supplement the study w/ a book rec from Rob Bell: Contours of Pauline Theology by Tom Holland.
Sara
Nov 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual-growth
Loving this study!
Trina
Jun 17, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a difficult study for me to get into. It is an older study for Moore, being one of her first. I kept feeling like I was missing the point.
Rebecca
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
really good a lot of scripture researching
Christie
Oct 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a great study...very involved/time consuming, as most Beth Moore studies are, but it gave me a new perspective on the life of Paul, especially in relation to current world events.
Shelly
Jan 22, 2016 added it
Learn about the life of Paul and his mission to save souls.
Alexa
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. First study of hers. Will be a do-over.
Darlene
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent study on the life of Paul. Not only will you get to know Paul better, but you'll become closer to the reason for Paul's life and ministry - Jesus.
Tammy Smith
Sep 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! From the beginning to the middle and then the end it's absolutely my favorite study EVER.
Clarissa Jarrell
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great study to do with a group of ladies.
Mitzi Adkinson
Jul 03, 2010
  • Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed: A Study of David: Member Book
  • Ruth: Loss, Love & Legacy - Member Book
  • The Beginning of Wisdom: Reading Genesis
  • Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life
  • Lessons I Learned in the Dark
  • Grieving the Child I Never Knew: A Devotional for Comfort in the Loss of Your Unborn or Newly Born Child
  • Truth and Transformation: A Manifesto for Ailing Nations
  • Brave: Honest Questions Women Ask: Member book
  • Malachi: A Love That Never Lets Go
  • Damsels in Distress: Biblical Solutions for Problems Women Face
  • The Remarkable Women of the Bible: And Their Message for Your Life Today
  • Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days
  • Spiritual Mothering
  • He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not: A Memoir of Finding Faith, Hope, and Happily Ever After
  • The Women of Christmas
  • Prayers That Avail Much Commemorative
  • Brokenness: The Heart God Revives
  • Safe in the Arms of God: Truth from Heaven About the Death of a Child
Beth Moore has written many best–selling books and is a dynamic teacher and a prolific Bible–study author whose public speaking engagements take her across the United States to challenge tens of thousands. Beth is focused on teaching women all over the world and is known and respected wherever she goes. She is a dedicated wife and mother of two adult daughters and lives in Houston, Texas, where sh ...more

Nonfiction Deals

$12.99 $3.99
    $15.99 $2.99
  • By Myself and Then Some
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • Wish You Happy Forever: What China's Orphans Taught Me About Moving Mountains
    $14.74 $1.99
  • The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools?
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Smoke and Pickles: Recipes and Stories from a New Southern Kitchen
    $18.95 $2.99
  • Founding Mothers
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation (Kindle Edition)
  • Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Ida: A Sword Among Lions
    $8.24 $2.99
  • A Natural History of the Senses (Vintage)
  • Unsinkable: A Memoir