Start by marking “Rules Of Evidence” as Want to Read:
Rules Of Evidence

Rules Of Evidence

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Raymond Boudro, San Antonio's best black criminal lawyer, has publicly branded white police detective Mike Stennett a racist. But now Boudro has accepted Stennett as a client, with one warning: The truth or I ruin you. Stennett is accused of beating a black drifter to death; an eyewitness claims to have seen the whole thing. With his own hard-won reputation at stake, and a ...more
Paperback
Published December 1st 1992 by Pocket Books (first published March 10th 1992)

Cindy
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have gotten around to reading a book by Jay Brandon. I was under the impression that his popularity was due to the fact that he was a fellow San Antonian,
I came away impressed by the technicality and drama of the story; I usually can guess the outcome of a mystery, but not this one. The catch-22 of vigilante justice - is it ever morally right, even if done by a cop? I will be reading more of Brandon's work in the future. Bravo!
Very well-written. The characters and dialog are believable and you understand why they do what they do. Also keeps you wondering until the end. Will read more by Jay Brandon.
Phil
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I really enjoyed reading this - a very unusual twist at a crime trial book. Highly recommended.
Alice
Sep 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I read this book because Jay Brandon was coming on author visit to the library Tuesday night and it was a Tuesday evening I was working! It was a little fun that this was set in San Antonio, but it was mostly about racism in the city--and set on the east side and in court rooms, and since I live in the beautiful bedroom community of Boerne 30 miles to the northeast of the city, I might as well live a thousand miles away!
Nancy Zorn
Oct 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I enjoyed this book. It was not a mindless read. In fact, my mind wandered a couple times and I found myself somewhat lost....Who's that guy? A different twist on the typical courtroom 'who done it' story. It kept me guessing until the end.
Toesnorth's mom
Dec 01, 2012 added it
Shelves: mom-s
excellent
Greg
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good book. writing flowed well.
Jackie Simons
Read 8/95
Julie
Jul 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Good novel! This was sort of a cross between To Kill a Mockingbird and a John Grisham novel. A good summer read!
Bethany Johnson
Wendy Bergerson
Jul 08, 2018
Mary Beth
Feb 19, 2011 rated it liked it
I was entertained by the court-room drama, but the actions of the lawyers just did not ring true.
Nicole Walther