Start by marking “Unresisting (The Unresisting Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unresisting (The Unresisting Trilogy, #1)

Unresisting

(The Unresisting Trilogy #1)

Seventeen-year-old Natasha Johnson is having a rough year. Her twin brother, Sean, died last spring after a car crash, and her parents have decided to pack up and leave the only home she’d ever known. It's been a lot to take in, and Nat has decidedly given up on the world... until moving to Stetson Valley and meeting high school outcast: Chace Owens.

Chace's dark and myster
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 330 pages
Published November 28th 2014 (first published November 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Unresisting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unresisting

Natasha (books_n_dreams)
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating 3.5

This storyline is very intriguing, I will admit at first when I was reading the book I personally thought it was moving too fast, and things were happening so fast without any real reason or details as to why. As well as some things were confusing, but I really like the overall idea behind the story and as I got further into it, it grabbed my attention more and more.

I'm really interested in learning more backstory to this world where the fire starters are from, it's definitely appealin
Debbie I Heart YA Books
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Unresisting has a very intriguing storyline. I was definitely pulled into this story from the first page. I loved Morgan’s creative perspective of this different, paranormal dimension where the Ledarians and Arhaenian are from. I also loved the main character, Natasha (Nat). And the story is told from her POV. She’s strong-willed, and has no problem holding her own. Then there are the two gorgeous guys, Chase and Jesse, who I absolutely adored.

Nat's brother, Sean, died last year. And when Nat's
Elen Tabita Bertoldi
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of magic, against complicated love triangles, doesn't mind counting the time until next book
Shelves: besties
I'm not really fond of writing reviews, I'm planning on doing some reviewing to the books I've read or at least started reading, have they been finished or not, but mostly of what I'm going to be writing will be basically just a piece of what was on my head while I was reading and some points and aspects that actually caught my attention and made me apreciate or not the books I've read or attempted to read!!
So pls don't shoot me down ;3

************************************************************
Jenia

Chace's dark and mysterious aura is not exactly seen as 'normal', but Nat already knows that not a lot of things are of the norm when it comes to he
Rae Hachton
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars for Debut Novel!!

I was gifted with the opportunity to read this novel by Shane in its ARC form. I have to say, Unresisting has a very interesting plot line, and is an intriguing story that manages to pull you into the narrative. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Natasha's story.

As a debut YA novel, I think it fits in greatly with other stories of its kind. Yes, it does share some of the same elements of other paranormal stories, such as girl moving to new place and making a discovery about
Melissa
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
DECEMBER 22, 2012 UPDATE -- Shane has gone through her book and done some extensive editing, so many of the editing issues I mention in this review might not be as big of a problem in more recent copies of the book. :)

I was happy to receive a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I'll make this a brief review compared to what I normally write.

First, the good:

The cover is absolutely beautiful. It just grabbed me.

The idea behind the story seems good, if also a bit rou
Kimber Wheaton
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

I have read a couple of Ms. Morgan's new adult contemporary novels and enjoyed them, so I was very excited for a chance to read Unresisting. I have to say, I wasn't disappointed. The novel starts off with a bang (well, a crash) that is rather heart-wrenching, before we settle into the story and get to know main character Nat.

Nat lost her twin brother in a car crash right at the beginning of the book. He wasn't dead but gone, di
Stephenee
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
* I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. *

I have read author Shane Morgan's other books/series and have to say that they are all amazing! There is no way to choose just one of her books as my favorite, and reading this one didn't help with this decision either. This was the first book in this series and I have to say that it is just as riveting, smooth flowing, quick paced and exciting as all of her others! I love the way that she develops the characters, the banter
Stormy
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was provided with a copy of Unresisting in exchange for an honest review.

I honestly am having a hard time with this one. Unlike Shane's other books, I feel like this one wasn't ready to be out yet. It's a good idea, yes, but it needed MORE. I didn't quite understand what was happening. I felt like I was watching a movie in fast forward, never connecting with characters or grasping the plot and shaky transitioning. More detail into the characters and the history of the fire starters and all wou
Luisa
Dec 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fun, compelling read! I really enjoyed the main character, Nat, and felt intreagued the whole time. There are lots of unsolved mysteries that just kept me hooked :) I couldn't stop reading. Chace seems handsome and really dark and mysterious. I like the concept of him.
Fun, quick and a great distraction!
Some things were a bit confusing, I need a little more backstory from Ledron, so I can understand better the relationships. They got a bit muddled in my brain.
I'll keep reading th
Nina
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Unresisting was an amazing debut novel!! I was hooked from page one wanting to know what was up with Natasha and what happened to her brother. I think this novel is so unique and loved it the whole time I was reading it and was dying for book 2 after finishing!! The author has made such a cool and unique world that I want to explore more of!! Pick up Unresisting if you haven't yet!!
Victoria
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Tia
Dec 03, 2012 rated it liked it
This novel was so weird and yet such an interesting tale. I was certainly desperate to finish reading it. I liked the characters and while the story was confusing sometimes I did enjoy it.
Stefan Eveline
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon!!!
Cassandra
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a new to me author and storyline. It was definitely fast paced and kept you turning the page
Natalie
May 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. 30% in and I’m bored of this one. It’s way too slow and I’m kinda sick of the whole clueless girl, mysterious guy thing. It feels dragged out.
Tiffany
Nov 27, 2012 rated it liked it
To see the full post click HERE

This book started off good, but then it felt like it was going in the Twilight direction. Girl moves to new school, guy that never talks to anyone talks to her and he sits at a table in the lunch room by himself. I didn’t think that I would continue reading it, but I did. I’m glad I went on because that’s where the similarities ended. I still think it was a little short and I found a few errors, but he author said she is fixing them now. :D Other than that I think
Henrietta
Nov 23, 2012 rated it liked it
After her twin brother died, Natasha and her family moved to Stetson Valley, where she met people who seemed to want her for reasons that she couldn’t comprehend. While she felt drawn to Chace, a classmate of her English Literature class, she didn’t know if she could fully trust him. With mysterious things kept happening, Natasha felt as though she were constantly being watched. Could she solve the mystery of her twin brother’s death before she became the next victim?

I liked the story, I was eag
Kirsty Bicknell
I have read 3 other books by Shane Morgan which have been Young and New Adult Contemporary Romances. For me, Unresisting is a step outside my ‘Shane Morgan’ comfort zone and I was also reminded that, in fact, it was her debut novel.
Unresisting is a baptism of fire . . literally! In the first chapter, Nat watches flames explode from her palms as her twin brother, Sean, disappears into a pile of ash. The loss of Sean has a profound effect on Nat, especially when she realises that no-one will belie
Giselle
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the author for review. Quotes have been pulled from an ARC and may be subject to change.

Natasha’s twin brother has died in what she believes to be an accident, but ever since that night, she has intense power that seems to run through her like fire. Her parents move her back to her mom’s small home town of Stetson, and there she meets two new friends, and the resident loner boy named Chase. Together, they stop a growing evil and find out what it
Jenny - Book Sojourner
December Update:
Shane sent me an updated, edited version, I just haven't had a chance to re-read it.

Original Review:
This review is based off a copy sent to me from the author for a blog tour of which I posted an excerpt. I decided I wanted to continue reading the story because I was intrigued by the excerpt. I want to preface my review by stating the author may or may not have revised the book since then, but I can only review what I received.

Pros:

I actually enjoyed this story and found that
T.M. Payne
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book: Unresisting (The Unresisting Trilogy #1)
Author: Shane Morgan
Publication Date: 11/28/2014
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 4 Stars

REVIEW
New to me author.

The story begins with a set of twins named Natasha and Sean. After a car accident, Sean just up and disappears after some weird fire stuff.
As the story continues, Natasha's family moves into her grandmothers home in another state. This is her last year of high school and now it is in a new place making new friends.

Nat
Shane
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

description
Dragana
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult, magic
I read an early ARC of this book and grammatical & spelling errors and some inconsistency in plot really bugged me. I was provided by the new version of ARC with corrected errors but I really didn't like the characters enough to re-read it again.
Jenna Castle
Sep 10, 2016
Olivia
rated it did not like it
Nov 22, 2012
Kelli
Jan 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Windswept : The Hightower Trilogy, #2
  • Casted (The Casted Series Book 1)
  • Broken (ShadowLight Saga, #2)
  • Stardust (Of Dust and Darkness, #2)
  • Jaded Stone (Souls of the Stones, #0.9)
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • The Reluctant Godfather (The Tales of Ambia, #1)
  • Conquering Fate (Order of the Krigers, #3)
  • The White (The Dragon Pearl, #1)
  • Anomaly of Blaze (The Fireblade Array, #3)
  • Defiance (The Priestess Trilogy, #1)
  • The Exemeus (The Exemeus, #1)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • The Underground Witch (Incenaga, #2)
  • Dracian Legacy (Dracian, # 1)
  • Kiss of Awakening (Succubus Kiss, #0.5)
  • The Nightlife Series Omnibus (The Nightlife)
  • Adrift (Last Selkie, #1)
I'm a writer of contemporary romance, suspense, and fantasy. I live in Rhode Island with my amazing husband. Aside from writing, I enjoy blogging, reading, listening to music and watching movies.

You can connect with me on facebook.com/authorshanemorgan or via my website http://shanemorganwrites.com

The Unresisting Trilogy (3 books)
  • Unfearing (The Unresisting Trilogy #2)
  • Unending (The Unresisting Trilogy, #3)