Start by marking “Saving Faith” as Want to Read:
Saving Faith

Saving Faith

When lobbyist Faith Lockhart stumbles upon a corruption scheme at the highest levels of government, she becomes a dangerous witness who the most powerful men in the world will go to any lengths to silence in this #1 New York Times bestselling thriller.

In a secluded house not far from Washington, D.C., the FBI is interviewing one of the most important witnesses it has ever
Mass Market Paperback, 528 pages
Published September 1st 2000 by Vision (first published November 28th 1999)

Start your review of Saving Faith
Kellie
Oct 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This wasn’t bad. I have to say though, the first 300 pages were a bit slow. I also found it hard to like the characters. But the last 200 pages were very good. The story is about the FBI and CIA and their abuse of power. Faith Lockhart is caught in the middle of a “sting”. Her boss has been illegally bribing political officials in Washington for a good cause. One of the heads of CIA has caught wind of this bribery and gets involved. His idea of how to handle it is a lot more dangerous than ...more
Mollie
Jul 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
This is probably the worst book I've read in awhile.

I checked out a few "summer read" books for a camping trip this last week. Loved his Wish You Well so thought I'd give this a try...

Ugh. Crappy story line, completely unbelievable interactions...i.e. after a bit of sexual tension, some anger, & some alcohol becomes a sexual assault, then suddenly the two protagonists are soul mates and can't be apart. Please. Then the big douche bag at work who took away the female protagonists FBI
Rhonda
Dec 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is BAD, and not in a good way.
1. Poor dialogue (think Harlequin Romance - ugh);

2. Unbelievable plot - money grubbing lobbyist gets a heart and lobbies for the underprivileged and justifies bribing politicians and a means to an end AND spends all of the money he made earlier to pay off the bribes because he is soooo ethical;

3. BUT THE DEAL BREAKER WAS THE JUSTIFICATION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT. This was not done by the bad guy to show how bad he was. This was the "hero", using that term loosely,
Seizure Romero
This is where I pretty much gave up on Baldacci. I thought I could rely on him for brainless filler reading but now he's just annoying. "Willing suspension of disbelief." Look it up. Basic agreement between author and reader. I'm willing to accept a lot of things when I'm reading fiction (I read vampire novels, fer chrissakes), but I cannot abide shaky premises in order to support an equally weak plot. YET ANOTHER SPOILER ALERT: Faith has set up a complete fake identity and even purchased a ...more
Steven Peterson
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another creation of David Baldacci. I have now read a couple of his books. Strengths are obvious, such as fast paced action, plot lines, likeable (and unlikeable) characters. His writing is not always so smooth and sometimes there are elements in his work that seem improbable.

This work is a good read, and the plot speeds the reader along. Key characters: Lobbyist Danny Buchanan who uses corrupt methods for a good cause; his associate, Faith Lockhart; Lee Evans, a PI; Robert Thornhill (a top
David Highton
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
A standalone thriller from Baldacci, pitting an insider CIA conspiracy against the FBI, with a pair of Capitol lobbyists as the bait. Moves along at great pace, as do most Baldacci books.
Chidi Okonkwo
Dec 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
I stumbled across the book at a local Barnes and Nobles last year. Thought I’d give it a try, after reading the overview on the back cover. I was instantly drawn into the pages of this political thriller, which was expertly written by a man who is well versed in his craft. The author definitely did a lot of research before writing this story. And all of the praise presented on the early pages prior to the story’s introduction was well deserved. This is not an action story, it is more of an ...more
Carol
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Baldacci’s book has all the elements of a story that I would and should like, but unfortunately the execution was not something I enjoyed. The political lobbying/Washington side of the story was really interesting, but I really wanted more – the story seemed to only skate at the surface of it. The crime/police element was slow to get going and I felt that a tighter approach to it, and indeed the entire book, would have been better. I didn’t find the characters particularly engaging and apart ...more
Corey
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
While the first quarter of the book was slow and I didn't know which direction it was heading in, it picks up during the second quarter. It was really hard to follow for a while but after a while things started to pick up the pace. Some of the story was in a way, scary, because something like what happens in the story could really happen with the US Government in real life, you just never know, but I won't spoil it for anybody.

Even though it didn't seem to get as much praise as some of
Zade
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
The fact that it took me two weeks to remember that I had finished this book and needed to write a review should tell you just how little effect it had. While Baldacci has written some entertaining novels, this is not his best effort. It's not terrible, there's just nothing particularly engaging about it. There were several sections in which I had to force myself not to skim; it was just that dull.

For those who are terribly interested in the world of lobbying and influence peddling in
Patricia Baker
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
always love reading David Baldacci..this book was a bit longer than some of his other books, but found the story entertaining..love the character of Lee, PI..would like to have him in another book..thought the almost father-daughter relationship between Faith and Danny were a warm touch in an otherwise brutal killing story..so glad when the good guys win.
Larissa
Aug 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Timothy Miyahara
Saving Faith is the kind of book you select when you want to be entertained but not mentally challenged. Call it "summer-beach-reading" material. It's not bad, and although the story is somewhat formulaic, it does have enough twists and turns to keep the reader engaged and entertained. It does try to convey a few moral lessons, but the primary purpose seems to be keeping the reader guessing at the various levels of intrigue and corruption centered within the Beltway.

The story centers on a
Fiona Leonard
Ever had a book hangover? You know the feeling that you get when you've read a brilliant book and you can't get it out of your head? OK, well you won't have to worry about it with Saving Faith. It's about a woman named Faith and a guy called Lee and the CIA and FBI and it's set in Washington and people get killed and rescued and shot and stuff. I read it in 24 hours, and beyond that description all I can say is I wish I knew what happened to the dog. Did the FBI hurt it when they stormed the ...more
Susan
Jan 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Faith Lockhart has been the right hand man for a powerful, successful lobbyist for years but strange things are going on and she thinks it's time to call in help so she goes to the FBI. Before she can even explain the situation, an agent is killed. I'm a huge fan of Baldacci and this is as good or better a story than his others. The characters are enormously interesting and likeable and the plot is wild and credible.
Andria
Nov 29, 2014 marked it as abandoned
Shelves: mystery, adventure
Didn't realize that rape was part of the story line, not a fan of that type of story line so I didn't give it a chance.
Deale Hutton
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good Baldacci. There are so many twists that when you reach the finale, you wonder if something else happens. The premise CIA vs FBi, political intrigue, bribed politicians ring accurate, unfortunately. This particular bribery has a great twist. The 'bad guy' is really horrid, and the conflict well written. The romance is a bit schmaltzy, but okay. I always like his books, this one was incuded.
Jon
Aug 09, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Baldacci fans
Shelves: thriller
Another competent thriller from Baldacci, though with a few flaws. This is more a thriller than a mystery with way too many characters, flat dialouge and a flabby 450 pages. Not his best, but a little more believable than some of his recent books and an easy read. As far as his early works go, The Winner and The Simple Truth are better.
Linda
May 12, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
(view spoiler)

Baldacci can do better. Do yourself a favor, and skip this one.
Lisa Johnson
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Saving Faith (Paperback 2017)
Author: David Baldacci
Pages: 528
Year: 1999
Publisher: Grand Central
My rating 4 out of 5 stars.
Originally, this was published in 1999 and was one of the authors earlier works. There is a very strong and multifaceted plot that embroils a young lobbyist named Faith. Faith has been trained and works for one of the most prominent, well-known lobbyists in Washington, Danny Buchanan. Faith loves working in Washington and doing the multitude of tasks her job requires
Rob
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steve
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those Baldacci books that seems such a prime candidate for the silver screen. While the plot is primarily a drawn-out chase at the heart of the plot, the twists taken and the way the characters tangle among the Washington power-elite keep sending the story in different directions. Like any good thriller, the reader is prompted to constantly ask themselves, how can this possibly wrap up to a satisfactory conclusion? Hang in there. They make it in the end.
Ruth McFadden
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. Was an eye opening about how lobbyist work the effect they can have on politics both good and bad. Also about the FBI and CIA dealings and what possibly could be happening both domestically and internationally.
Beth
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid two and a half stars.

Very few books are grabbing me these days, it’s like I’m in a reading slump. This was “okay” but I felt like it went on for far too long and I couldn’t really connect with any of the characters. I’d describe this as a “meh” read and annoyed I actually paid for this book instead of getting it from the library.

There is something that happens in the book that is NOT ok and I can’t believe the author included it. Clearly written from a male POV.

It’s not terrible but I
Lisa
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New people

A whole new series from Baldacci. Once again the characters blossom and new adventures are created. As with all his novels, Baldacci writes seamlessly, introducing you to people whom you live and support in their trials. Keep the novels coming.
Anne Farrington
I enjoyed this story - though the premise of government agencies fighting one another and their far reaching tentacles was disturbing. I didn’t love the ending but otherwise it was a very good read.
Tim Smith
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You can read my review at http://world-of-sleuths.blogspot.com/....
Ginny Carr
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Someone please remind to never read another Baldacci book. I always have hope yet they always turn out being bad suspense meets a guy’s version of romance novel. Ugh. No, just, no!
Adrian Sutton
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It seemed to take me a little longer to get into this one compared to other David Baldacci books, but the plot was good.
Becky
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it

• Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • The Night Fire (Harry Bosch #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
  • Shadow Hunter
  • The Guardians
  • Hard Shot (Jon Reznick, #7)
  • The Burma Legacy (Sam Packer, #3)
  • Bloody Genius (Virgil Flowers, #12)
  • Past Tense (Jack Reacher, #23)
  • Lost
  • Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • Blitz on Beirut (SEAL Strike #4)
  • Red War (Mitch Rapp, #17)
  • Void Moon (Cassie Black, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #12)
  • Backlash (Scott Harvath, #19)
  • The First Lady
  • Dark Sacred Night (Harry Bosch, #21; Renée Ballard, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #31)
David Baldacci has been writing since childhood, when his mother gave him a lined notebook in which to write down his stories. (Much later, when David thanked her for being the spark that ignited his writing career, she revealed that she’d given him the notebook to keep him quiet, "because every mom needs a break now and then.”) He published his first novel, Absolute Power, in 1996; it was ...more
“Confidence is inspiring. Yet so often misplaced. (Robert Thornhill)” 7 likes