Start by marking “Detoxify or Die” as Want to Read:
Detoxify or Die

Detoxify or Die

We are all a toxic cesspool of the lifetime accumulation of chemicals from our air, food, and water. U.S. EPA studies of chemicals stored in the fat of humans show that 100% of people had dioxins, PCBs, dichlorobenzene, and xylene while another analysis of the exhaled breath of humans showed carcinogenic benzene in 89% and perchloroethylene in 93%. And these chemicals are ...more
Published December 1st 2002 by Prestige Pubs

To ask other readers questions about Detoxify or Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Detoxify or Die

Start your review of Detoxify or Die
Jodi
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For anyone dealing with a serious illness, or that wants to avoid a serious illness, the books by Dr Sherry Rogers are absolutely essential reading.

Her books explain in a very easy to understand manner how to deal with the causes of disease using cutting edge medical knowledge, technology and testing, and not just how to mask symptoms with drugs and other superficial treatments (which lead to worsening problems in other areas of health).

As Dr Sherry Rogers writes in `Detoxify or Die',

`I have
Brent Cope
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sherry Rogers really gives you all the tools and knowledge you need in order to fully cleanse and detoxify your body. She demonstrates how a myriad of modern diseases, from arthritis to IBS to cancer to ADD to allergies are much more a consequence of a lethal build of up toxins acquired throughout our lives.

Plastics, chemicals, exhaust, pollution, drugs, preservatives all bioaccumulate over the decades, and while they may not be toxic individually they are never eliminated from the body unless
Chrisann Justice
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
This is the most comprehensive book on detoxification that I have read. I remember wanting to detoxify over twenty years ago and not having a concise resource to help me through the process.

This summer I began having migraines that cause vertigo. It got so bad that I was suffering from vertigo all day every day. I am working to heal myself through detoxification rather than taking medications. I will admit that when I first started reading the book I found it annoyingly repetitive and alarmist.
Joni
Jan 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is not a light little read, it's a study of the common toxins modern man has contaminated our planet with and the results of that contamination. We can't avoid these toxins and we are seeing the results....the explosion of autoimmune diseases, autism, alzheimers, cancer. Dr. Sherry Rogers MD gives direction on things you are do to combat the effects of these toxins on the human body as well as an excellent resource guide. Whether you have a chronic disease or want to avoid one, this is an ...more
Deirdre
Jul 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Let me start off by saying that there are some good nuggets of information to be found in this book. However, there is a TON of repetition and a LOT of supplement/testing pushing. I believe the author is a Scientologist, as about halfway through the book she lauds LRH and it ends on a rather creepy religious note (and I’m not one to shy away from religion). As a nutritionist, I am also not a fan of advising supplements over a whole food, plant-based diet. I would not recommend this book to ...more
John Macgregor
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Terrifying. If only ten percent of this book is true, we have committed ourselves to a system of commerce and government that does not work.

Worth buying just to protect (and detox) yourself.

Could have done with a good editor. But the content (if not the style) are of great importance, and have seldom been dealt with so well.
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Warning: this book will make you extremely fearful of the BIG BAD WORLD!

I would recommend this book to everyone! Why? Because disease is a part of life; and ignorance is dangerous if not deadly.

My only problem with this book is that it’s a little over-the-top. Just take it for what it is, and use the knowledge to promote your own individual health (family & friends included).
Barron
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Best book i have read on the subject - fascinating!
Denise Messenger
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The information is really good and not easily found otherwise. An eye opener to anyone concerned about their health.
Yycdaisy
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
This book, published in 2002, is still relevant and worth reading. There are many recommendations for improving one's health such as eliminating plastics for food storage or cooking, information on saunas for detoxification, and using various supplements to correct deficiencies. Helpful reading list and useful websites included. (The rating would be 5 stars were it not for a certain number of repetitions that should have been eliminated with better editing.)
Justin
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: health
There is a lot of useful information, unfortunately not much of it is new and what is new is hard to find. This is also a bit more alarmist than seems is warranted. I agree with her points about toxicity but it comes across as dogmatic.
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very enlightening! Gave solid evidence for many of my suspicions about the dangers of man-made chemicals. Definitely a textbook style read, but worth it, and the index could be used for more topic-specific reading.
Cindy
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Important information for those of us seeking optimum health in a world that is now saturated with toxins. Sherry Rogers tells it like it is and doesn't mince words. Best of all, she informs the reader of ways to rid the body of toxins, including heavy metals.
AmyLu Riley
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The information in this book helped save my life. God bless Dr. Rogers.
Jeffmaca
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. so much good info!

Mischa Van Loder
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Fantastic read. However, I can't agree with a lot of what is documented in Sherry Roger's book, Detoxify of Die. The theory of 'detoxing' our bodies' is just too simplistic. Surely, clearing the organs is only one element of the healing process? And not the main one.

This book was written in 2002! Recent research paints Professor Marin Pall and Dr Grace Ziem's theories as the most scientifically proven and most recently peer reviewed treatment for Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS). Popular
Teresa Holler
Oct 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to be healthy!
Recommended to Teresa by: a Holistic Moms Network member
This is a great book to learn what to do to lower the toxic load in your body by detoxifying. Very practical information with excellent resources.

Although it is a MUST read for detoxification strategies, I would read another book to determine how to limit the intake of chemicals (such as "Holler for Your Health") because this book just tells you they are everywhere and focuses more on the importance on detoxifying.

Definately a must read to be healthy in today's toxic world!

Enjoy
Lynda
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
This book took me a long time to read. I actually put it away for several months. I am doing several things it suggests, but do not know if I will take the "leap" to fully embrace this philosophy. Maybe someday.
Susan Burke
Everyone should read and share this book, and all of Sherry Rogers books!
Susan
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Good information written in a format with cartoons that I found distracting and annoying.
Melinda
wow amazing
Anthony_thai14yahoo.ca
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
a must read if you are into health and nutrition. eye opening/irrefutable facts presented by shelly rogers makes this book one of the most important books i've read
Matt
Mar 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
pretty interesting perspective from an MD about the biochemical / toxicity nature of the disease process. I don't know whether it's quackery or true... but she gives a $h!tload of references.
Amelie Renee
Robj
Jun 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The War That Changed My Life
  • All-of-a-Kind Family (All-of-a-Kind-Family, #1)
  • The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting
  • The Cabin Faced West
  • Finding Chika: A Little Girl, an Earthquake, and the Making of a Family
  • The Slight Edge
  • Tea Time for the Traditionally Built (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #10)
  • The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency
  • Morality for Beautiful Girls (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #3)
  • The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #16)
  • The Colors of All the Cattle (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #19)
  • The Full Cupboard of Life (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #5)
  • Precious and Grace (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #17)
  • The Handsome Man's Deluxe Café (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #15)
  • The Limpopo Academy of Private Detection (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #13)
  • The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #12)
  • The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #1)
  • The Double Comfort Safari Club (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #11)
“Bear in mind that since medications do not fix anything, they allow the underlying problem to continue uncorrected and actually accelerate. Meanwhile, new symptoms and new seemingly unrelated diseases are the inevitable consequence of this biochemical faux pas. Furthermore, drug side effects are the leading cause of death. NSAIDs as an example of only one group of medications, are fatally toxic to thousands of people each year by damaging joints, lungs, kidneys, eyes, hearts, and intestines. And they are covered by insurance.

You and your doctor have been screwed into believing every symptom is a deficiency of some drug or surgery. You've been led to believe you have no control, when in truth you're the one who must take control. Unfortunately, the modus operandi in medicine is to find a drug to turn off the damaged part that is producing symptoms.”
8 likes
“I have to laugh when people ask me if I do alternative, herbal, acupuncture or holistic medicine. 'No,' I reply. 'We do state-of-the-art medicine. In other words, we find the biochemical, nutritional and environmental causes and cures rather than blindly drugging everything. Sure, herbs are gentler, safer and more physiologic than drugs and holistic medicine attempts to incorporate many diverse modalities, etc. But there is no substitute for finding the underlying biochemical causes and cures. This is real medicine. This is where medicine should and would have been decades ago, if it had not been abducted by the pharmaceutical industry.” 7 likes