Jump to ratings and reviews

Spellbound #3

Enchantment

Graylee Perez returned from the dead, took on a duplicate, and now faces her biggest adventure yet.

Barcelona.
Summer escape.

Or so Gray thought until her old adversary, Adrian Montez, brings his magic show to Spain.

Gray seeks out a Spanish wizard to help banish Adrian from her life once and for all. Instead, she tumbles headfirst into a love spell with the arrogant warlock.

When old enemies close in on them, Gray must face her true feelings and decide if Adrian's worth fighting for and, more importantly, whether he's worthy of her heart.

ebook

First published April 5, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Nikki Jefford

60 books982 followers
Reality is overrated ... which is why I write!

Vampire hunters, wolf shifters, witches, elves and Fae with humor, romance, snark and steam. I love bad boys with hearts of gold and heroines who kick ass.

To get in on the fun and adventure, visit my website for release alerts, updates, exclusive giveaways, and a free story when you become a VIP newsletter subscriber: http://nikkijefford.com/

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
23 (3%)
1 star
13 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 72 reviews
Profile Image for Nikki Jefford.
Author 60 books982 followers
Read
April 7, 2013
It’s here! The Spellbound Trilogy is complete!

Gray came back from the dead, took on a double of herself, and now faces her biggest test yet. . . a love spell!

Is this duplicate doomed to wander the earth alone or will she find herself falling in love for real?

Spellbound #3 was inspired by my favorite Buffy episode, Something Blue (Season 4, episode 9), in which Buffy and Spike fall in love and get engaged. Isn’t it fun when magic goes awry?

I hope you love it!
Profile Image for Candace.
645 reviews188 followers
May 21, 2013
I love this series, and this book is by far my favorite. I actually wanted to start it all over again as soon as I finished I liked it so much. Gray has gone through so, so much and all I wanted for her is a good happy ending and for those who wronged her and her family to go down. Now, things are rather complicated so I can't really get into specifics without spoilers for the series, but this particular book is about Gray in Europe. She's first in Spain where she's in a place where they don't use their powers. She's just trying to be a normal girl. But then Adrian shows up and things cannot be 'normal' with him around. In the end she ends up in Paris where we get to see the sites with her and she has some great romantic moments.

Those of you who read the previous books know a bit about Adrian, but for those of you who haven't read them I'll just tell you that he's one of those guys that kind of sits on the line of good and bad. It's like a part of him wants to be bad, but yet he still has some good in him. I guess. Something like that. You just never know what to expect from him. And for me he really made this book go from really good to flipping amazing!

Gray is a character that's hard to really explain because things have changed so much from the first book. She's still fiery and bold and says what's on her mind, but she's showing some softness in this one and while it's partially because of a spell cast on her, we do see that she has come a long way to stand on her own two feet. We also get some closure with her twin sister Charlene and I was pretty satisfied with how that all turned out. Charlene is a larger than life character, but she's really gone through some 'changes'. Now this is where I smirk cause really, you gotta read it, it's definitely something that will make you giggle.

The romance... sigh... I wasn't sure how this one would go in the romance department and I have to say that I was blown away. It may have partially been the setting, but really I think it's just a romance that really worked for me. I loved how it played out and with that particular spell in place it allowed for some stuff to happen that may not have otherwise happened without major drama. I was happy to see that drama mostly avoided and was extremely happy with the final result of it all.

Nikki Jefford has created a unique series with some big twists and turns. The magic, the witch's, the whole shebang is just amazing. And this is an author that really deserves more recognition that she's got so far. I'm definitely a devoted fan! Now, all that's left for me to say is GO READ THESE BOOKS!

You can find this review, and others like it, on my blog at http://www.candacesbookblog.com
Profile Image for Liliana.
767 reviews197 followers
May 14, 2013
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Oh boy, what can I say about the end of this series? Well, it's bittersweet. It was such an amazing series (one of the BEST witchy magical ones!) that I am just sad to see it end! There was no doubt in my mind that I would love this book as much as the first two in the series. And you know what, it was effing amazing! Such a great ending to a wonderful series!

In this book we get to see what duplicate Graylee (who goes by Gray) has been up to. With the other Graylee (who goes by Lee) and Raj back home, this Gray decides to fly overseas on a magical retreat. And you know, she's having a blast en la hermosa ciudad de Barcelona (Translation: in the beautiful city of Barcelona) until...BAM! Someone casts a love spell on her and she falls in love with... *drumroll* none other than Adrian The freakin' Avenger! *dun dun DUN*

It's always the last person you could possibly imagine. And oh man, it's the most amusing thing I have ever heard! Gray hated this guy to start with, so it was totally hilarious in an ironic sort of way. But Nikki made it work! Adrian has honest feelings for Gray, and I absolutely LOVED seeing that softer side of him! That's right, whether you believe it or not, under all that arrogant exterior there is a very sweet and charming guy underneath. And I loved exploring this side of Adrian. In the past two books we got to see a lot of Adrian, but in this book you will get a new perspective on him.

I love Gray. She is such a likable character, very feisty and kinda sassy. And under that love spell she was just a lot of fun to read about! And oh my gods guess what! Without giving too much away, Charlene is baaaack! But, in this book, I actually like her! I thought she was just the worst sister ever in the last books (you know, all evil and stuff for killing her twin). In Enchantment she still acts like herself but at the same time she isn't as evil. I don't know how to explain it, but I really enjoyed reading more about her. And I really want to tell you more 'cause there is this little detail that is REALLY funny, but I wont 'cause of spoilers and whatnot.

And then there's Adrian's Nan....you mischievous old lady you *wags finger in her direction* I really liked her, too. She is such a loving grandmother. Mischievous, but loving.

We also get some new characters which I thought were okay for supporting characters. I gotta be honest though, I was more interested in the characters we already knew.

As for the story itself, it was fantastic! Now, I like my books to have tons of action...some fights here, a few close calls there. And in this book, the action was more towards the end. Is that a bad thing? Not in this book! Why? THE FREAKIN' ROMANCE! Yeah, it was only a love spell, but the romance made me swoon and sigh every other page, nonetheless. I loved it! Yes, I loved the love! The love spell was the main component of the story, so really, the action was just a plus!

Okay, and I have to confide something in you: I absolutely ADORE Raj and I asked Nikki if we would get to see more of him in this book. She said I would have to wait and see. So I did. And honestly, I didn't even care for Raj one bit because all I wanted was more Adrian! As Gray fell in love with Adrian, I did too. *dreamy sigh*

Alright, this review is getting a little rambly so here are my last thoughts: I loved Adrian (Oh, did I mention that already? Whoops, rambling again ;)) and the story of the Graylee duplicate. It had a great combination of romance and magic and I always love a book that can make me laugh. Nikki did a fantastic job with the descriptions of Barcelona and Paris...I honestly felt like I was there. And I am happy to say that the ending of the book was perfect! The prologue and epilogue tied in nicely and the ending had no loose threads. I'm so sad to say goodbye to all these wonderful character I've come to love, but I am also extremely happy I got to know them in the first place!
Profile Image for Danielle Young.
Author 7 books89 followers
May 13, 2013
Gray has been through a lot. Things that no witch or person should have to go through. In an attempt to find herself and take a break from the life that has taken so much from her, Gray goes to Barcelona. Where she joins a non-magical retreat. Just when she has come to terms with not using her magic her past shows up, in the form of one Adrian Montez. Now desperate to get rid of Adrian, Gray will do anything including banishing the wizard. But things don't happen quite the way she expects, as her life is turned upside down again, Gray get's the opportunity to find out what her heart really wants.

I have been a huge fan of the Spellbound Trilogy with the Gray's being some of my favorite characters from the series. In Enchantment we are given more of Second Gray as she has come to be called. We see her struggle as she attempts to find her rightful place in the world. As a reader you can't help, but feel sorry for her as so many things were taken from her. Yes, some of those things were never meant to be hers and she was never meant to be, but to her those things are hers. I really enjoyed getting to see things from this Gray's perspective as Lee was the main attraction in the first two books, but I will admit that I missed having Raj on the page.

And of course you can't have a Spellbound book without the presence of a certain twin, but Charlene's appearance is more than a small surprise for both Gray and me. Nikki Jefford really took me by surprise with that little number! In fact, it still cracks me up and if you feel at all like I do about Charlene the surprise that awaits you in this book will surely make you feel a little better.

If you are also like me, than a part of you has a strong dislike for Adrian as well, but I can honestly say that after Enchantment Adrian has stolen a small piece of my heart. In Enchantment, Adrian is still the cocky and arrogant wizard we met in the first two Spellbound books, but underneath all his arrogance lied the heart of a gentleman. In Enchantment Adrian could have had his heart's desire, but he didn't want his heart's desire in the manner it was afforded. Once I thought Adrian was a pain in the butt who thought of no one but himself, but now I think he is a wizard who will do anything for the one he loves.

All in all I really enjoyed the story of Enchantment, it gave me everything I desire from a story, romance, magic, and great characters, but I wanted more, more magic and more struggle. I yearned for a big twin showdown.

Overall, I think Nikki Jefford did a great job of tying up the Spellbound Trilogy with Enchantment, she tied up all the loose ends, answered all my questions and being the hopeless romantic that I am; gave me my happy ever after!

*Received from copy in exchange for an honest review
Profile Image for Tonesha Reese.
Author 1 book8 followers
May 22, 2013
What's a little magic between old friends or enemies for that matter? I knew there had to be so much more to Adrian and this book did not disappoint. I got to know him, love him, and root for him when things went a little gray *pun intended:)*
Profile Image for Brittney.
188 reviews24 followers
February 3, 2017
This was probably my favorite of the three books. Short, sweet, and cute sums it up. I was right about Adrian, I was happy this story was about Grey and not Lee, and I loved what happened to Charlene (so fitting haha).
Profile Image for Katy.
1,293 reviews283 followers
August 7, 2013
Book Info: Genre: Paranormal
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: fans of YA books with magic and a bit of romance
Trigger Warnings: treachery, deceit, violence, attempted murder.

My Thoughts: It isn't made obvious prior to this, but we end up with some background on Adrian at the start of this book and his family is Russian. What kind of Russian last name is Montez? Not a typical one, that's for sure! But it turns out Adrian's nan married a Spaniard. Yeah, that's a minor spoiler, but nothing that will ruin the story for you.

There were some editing problems with this book, which surprised me because the first were so clean. I don't recall them all, but I do remember “heal” for “heel” and I think it was “pn” for “on”, among others. However, they didn't seriously detract from the story, so they were mostly fairly easy to forget.

This is listed as being a trilogy, so this completes the set. I thought it was a decent ending. Gray and Lee, and Charlene in a new body (no hints on what type!), and everyone more or less happy. I was pretty happy to finally have some closure on the Adrian thing, as well as some of the other problematic characters, like Holloway and Ryan. I quite like this author's style. She has a few more books out there, so I'll have to take a look at what she has. If you like paranormal books with a touch of romance and a whole lot of magic, then look no further. You should love these.

Series Information: Spellbound trilogy
Book 1: Entangled, review linked here where formatting allowed
Book 2: Duplicity, review linked here where formatting allowed
Book 3: Enchantment

Disclosure: I purchased this book for myself after so enjoying the first book. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: Barcelona. Summer escape. Or so Graylee Perez thought until her old adversary, Adrian Montez, brings his magic show to Spain.

After Gray follows Adrian to Paris, she must face her true feelings and decide if Adrian’s worth fighting for.
Profile Image for Mad about.
276 reviews8 followers
April 13, 2013
Was eagerly awaiting the third and last installment in the Spellbound Trilogy and it didn't disappoint.

With Lee and Raj graduating High School Gray feels the third wheel so follows her dream of spending a summer in Barcelona but she does so with a twist. While she's at the retreat none of the Witches there can practice magic but with a solid group of friends that's not an issue until she goes to a surprise event, a magic show.

He promised her mother he'd stay away but Adrian Montez isn't one to be told what to do. Seeing she's in Spain he packs up his and grandmothers things and moves them to the other side of Europe. His grandmother has always wanted what's best for Adrian and has done what she's had do to achieve that so what's a little Love spell on Gray compared to a body swap?

For Adrian it should be a dream come true but if her loves not real what's the point. Gray knows she should hate him but the spells helping her see Adrian clearly and he's not what she thought.

Really didn't want this series to end but better it end on a high than being drawn out. It focuses mainly on Gray and Adrian but the original characters do re-appear.
There was a mystery as to what happened to Charlene at the end of Duplicity but that's solved and she makes a very surprising U turn. I actually found myself liking "her" as she's finally found where she belongs.

The original Graylee changed alot for me in Duplicity but that's solved and she makes a very surprising U turn. I actually found myself liking "her" as she's finally found where she belongs.

The original Graylee changed alot for me in Duplicity besides the obvious of her having a different body so really enjoyed having the normal Gray back in her true body. She was smart, witty, independent and single.
Always loved Adrian so was ecstatic to find he would be a main character and finally get the girl. He may have been a cad and done some rather devious things in his past but getting to know him more you realize that he's doing them for the payment to give his Nan a good life.

The background imagery was so detailed I could really envisage the places Gray visited making the scene come alive. The dialogue had a good flow with the banter being fresh and youthful, perfect for the YA market it's intended for.
Loved this series and it's suitable for any age who likes fun fantasy.
Profile Image for Ali .
664 reviews148 followers
May 21, 2013
I was recently at an author event where Margaret Stohl stated someone once told her, your third book is always the best. Now, I won't go as far as saying that this rings true in every series I have ever read. I will say it is the truth with the Nikki Jefford's Spellbound series. Enchantment absolutely is the best of the three and ends the series in a content and tidy manner.

What made Enchantment so much better than Entanglement or Duplicity? In a word, Adrian. Adrian Montez is mysterious, magnetic, unpredictable and has the touch of a damaged soul that I am such a sucker for. Pair him off with hot-headed, lonely and maybe a little depressed Graylee Perez and watch the fireworks start.

"I don't want to hurt you, Gray." He leaned down to her ear and whispered, "I want to make you scream."

Gray has run off to Barcelona, trying to escape the feeling that she's lost the only family and boyfriend she's ever known. She's lost, alone and heart broken. And, feeling a little guilty that her psuedo-sister gave up all her magical powers to save Gray's life. What should be a restful summer of self reflection turns into a battle of wills; with herself, with Adrian and with a few warlocks from back home determined to take Adrian down.

Getting knocked in the head with a spell causing her to love the one person she's determined to hate is just (to borrow some words form the great Karina Halle) "piss icing on a cake made of crap".

Here is where the story gets really good! Gray and Adrian both know she's under a spell but knowing doesn't dispose of it. The struggle between what is real and what isn't was as endearing as it was maddening. Adrian shows an entire new side of himself, he goes from vengeful warlock to one amazing guy who just wants to show a girl he likes a great time in Paris before the spell is broken and he loses her forever. Umm...toothache, right here ~ so sweet!

"Maybe it was all a spell, but then again, what was love if not an enchantment that eventually turned to truth."

Obviously, it isn't all cupcake farting unicorns...there is plenty of magical intrigue, action, betrayal, heartbreak and the like. But, at the end it wraps up so nicely. No loose ends, no hardcore feels to throw my Kindle at a wall, just a peaceful happy smile spread across my face. And for that, we thank you Nikki.
Profile Image for Tom.
325 reviews28 followers
April 10, 2013
If someone put a love spell on you, and it caused you to fall for someone you've always considered an enemy, and then you found that you legitimately enjoyed their company, would you really care that it was a spell? I mean, you're the happiest you've been in your life, would you want the spell broken?

This is one of many issues Graylee Perez has to face in Nikki Jefford's spectacular conclusion to her Spellbound trilogy, "Enchantment."

Graylee had it rough during the first two books. She died, then had to share a body with her annoying twin sister, then her soul got purged, and she ended up in yet another body.

And some teens just worry about zits.

When "Enchantment" starts, Gray is in Barcelona, staying at a retreat for young people who want a break from doing magic. Gray loves Barcelona--with its historic sites, amazing food, rich culture, and exciting nightlife. She makes some good friends, falls for a suave Barcelonan, who turns out to be a total hijo de puta, and to her shock and horror, runs into the absolute last carbon-based life-form on Earth she wants to see.

"Enchantment" has so, so many amazing plot twists, inspiring (and, in one case, vaguely creepy)character transformations, and at its very core, there is a sweet romance.

There are also so many potential spoilers, that I'm limited by what I can say.

Damn it! Because this book rocked.

The Spellbound Trilogy started off strong with "Entangled." I thought there were some growing pains in book two, "Duplicity." With "Enchantment," we visit Barcelona and Paris, taking in the sites with Gray. We see different hearts broken and repaired, love found and lost, complex spellwork, and a powerful finish.

Ms Jefford pared away characters who'd grown wilted and stale by the end of Book 2, then supercharged Graylee, and gave her some serious tests for her new inner-strength. She finds herself equal to her challenges, and emerges a far wiser, happier person on the other side.

Not only is "Enchantment" a perfect ending to the "Spellbound" trilogy, it's also a total blast to read.

In fact, "Enchantment" should be the primary textbook in YA Fiction Writer School's THIS Is How To Conclude A Trilogy, Dammit post-doctoral seminar.

Hugely recommended!
May 19, 2013
Enchantment, the third installment in Nikki Jefford's Spellbound Series, was a very solid conclusion to a very enjoyable series. Let's start with the setting: Summer vacation to Europe? Yes Please!!! I loved how Nikki took us on tour through Barcelona and Paris. The sights, the sounds, and goodness...the food! The pacing was perfect - I never felt rushed but also never felt that the path to the conclusion meandered too far from the main plot. I think that Nikki's writing style has only improved over the course of this series and am sure that she'll continue to show tremendous growth in putting idea to paper.

I also absolutely loved seeing how "duplicate Graylee" known as Gray developed and grew personally and independently from Lee. This book was her time shine. She's not perfect, she doesn't always make the same choices that the old Graylee would have, and that is what makes her so authentic and so likeable. She's carved out her own place despite how she struggles at times with who she really is, with what she should be feeling, and how she should be acting.

I loved the interactions between Gray and Adrian...ok...who am I kidding...I really loved getting to know Adrian better...learning more of his backstory and maybe even falling for him just a small bit right along with Gray. He's such a tortured character and I'm always drawn to those...and we come to find out that he and Gray have a lot more in common than they would have ever imagined.

And finally, some of the elements that really drew me in with book one, Entangled, were present here again in Enchantment and helped me feel that the story really had come full circle. I adored the family dynamics that were present in the first book and was thrilled that we got to get to know Charlene all over again in Enchantment. Thrilled that Gray had a chance to really see her sister for who she is and hopefully come to terms with their fragile new relationship and continue to maintain and develop it moving forward. This doesn't come easy or without a bit of a surprising twist...but then...I'd not expect any less from Jefford.

And where better than Paris, the City of Love, to end this series?
Profile Image for Cheyenne Teska.
235 reviews65 followers
May 25, 2013
When Gray chose to spend her summer in Europe, she didn't think that she'd run into anyone she knew from her life back home. It was supposed to be a new start. Unfortunately, she comes face-to-face with an old nemesis who just won't leave her alone. Things get sticky when she tries to banish him from her life, but ends up falling head-over-heels for him instead. Will she be able to walk away from her feelings, or will she give in and allow herself to have the love she's been longing for?

If you've read my reviews of the previous books in the series, Entangled and Duplicity, you'd know that I was completely blown away by the story. Of course, when I was approached to review the final book, I didn't hesitate. I wanted to see where each of the characters would end up! Gray has left home in order to attend a school in Barcelona where she is prohibited to use her powers. After all, magic has done nothing good for her. This installment seemed to be the perfect way to end such an amazing story with so many surprises.

Honestly, I wasn't sure about Adrian when we first met him, but that quickly changed once he was reintroduced in Enchantment. We got to see a whole new side of him, even getting a glimpse into his heartbreaking past. That little bit of information definitely changed the feelings that I originally had about his character. In fact, the more I saw of him, the more I hoped that he and Gray would end up together. That being said, the romance was done perfectly, and I know that I'll be rereading this book just for that.

Overall, the author did an incredible job wrapping up the series I've grown to love. The story was full of twists, excitement, familiar faces and even a few new ones. The setting couldn't have been more perfect, and each way that Nikki describes Barcelona and Paris makes me want to pack my bags immediately. I will be sad to see this story end, but I find comfort in knowing that this isn't the last time that I will be able to read about these characters.
Profile Image for Samantha.
407 reviews47 followers
April 10, 2013
I don't know what it is about these books, but i just DEVOUR them! The premises are unique and fun, and this conclusion was no exception. I loved it! I thought Grey and Adrian were ADORABLE! 10x more adorable than my original faves Raj and Lee. I also loved the setting; Rome and Paris, and getting to be abpart of the confusing feelings that come with loving someone your not supposed to. I don't want to say too much, but I will say the action is more on the back burner and this book is more focused on Gray, Adrian, and the results of the love spell placed on her. I think that may be why this one is my favorite, the characters just get to be and live. Such a great conclusion to a fun trilogy!
Profile Image for K.A. Last.
Author 32 books365 followers
April 11, 2013
What an amazing conclusion to a fantastic series. I am almost speechless about my feelings towards Enchantment, but I can tell you it had me enchanted from the very first page.

I laughed, I got angry, and I even cried. During the first two books of the series I didn’t particularly like Adrian Montez. I never really pictured him as a romantic player, but while reading Enchantment, I slowly fell in love with him. He definitely had me under his spell.

If you like love, humour, and a whole lot of sass, then Nikki Jefford’s Spellbound Trilogy is the perfect read.

Congratulations Nikki for closing the curtain on a brilliant act three. Snap!
Profile Image for Abbie.
1,976 reviews584 followers
January 9, 2014
I really liked the first book in the series when i first read it, but when i reread it recently, i wasn't that keen on it.
When the second book ended up being slightly worse, i was contemplating putting the series down.

In the end, i decided to get it over and done with, just to see how it all ends.

Now i wish i never bothered.

One word can describe it perfectly - Dull.

By 20%, i was losing interest, and by 50%, i was wishing for the end to come.

The only bit that was interesting was the last 10% or so, but by then, i was more happy about the ending being near, than it picking up!

Overall, Dull, dull, dull. I'm glad the series is finished.
Profile Image for Emma Meade.
Author 11 books72 followers
April 18, 2013
A fun filled conclusion to the Spellbound trilogy.
The plot veered off in a totally different direction to what I'd predicted. That was a nice surprise. The descriptions of Barcelona were spot on. I was brought right back to the gorgeous city.
These books have become more New Adult than YA as the series progressed, something I appreciated as the characters are growing up. I'm sad to say goodbye to Gray and the rest of the gang.
An entertaining, magic infused trilogy.
Profile Image for Lisa Radloff.
17 reviews
April 10, 2013
No comment at this time due to spoiler! I mean its only been out a week; I can't do that.... :)
Profile Image for Katie.
189 reviews5 followers
April 14, 2013
Awesome installment. I preferred this one to the second book.
Profile Image for S.M. Boyce.
Author 25 books747 followers
Read
December 2, 2014
ENCHANTMENT offers a satisfying conclusion to an entertaining and fun series. Sad to see it come to an end, but it was a great ride.
Profile Image for Megan Murphy.
274 reviews14 followers
May 19, 2017
I have been ENCHANTED by this trilogy from Nikki Jefford. I cannot voice enough how much I adore Graylee Perez! In this third (and hopefully NOT final) novel we are taken away from Kent, WA (my home town!) and whisked away to Spain. Gray-the duplicate from the second book-is now our main character, which I am greatly thankful for. Lee and Raj are having a sweet little time back home, making plans and being gooey in love. Gray decides she needs a break from it all to figure things out, so she takes a trip to Spain to join a retreat for witch and wizards who need (or required) to take a break from magic. Gray is making friends, seeing sights, and even has a Spanish fellow of her own! Although here walks Adrian-the sexy misunderstood wizard who brought back Gray-in all his glory in Spain. This meeting between Gray and Adrian starts something new, unexpected and perfect.

This is now my favorite YA book that has to do with witchcraft. A must read for anyone ready for some twisted turns, shocking reveals, sexy men and independent women. The Spellbound series is more than just a romance. The characters have so many sides and are extremely well written. Nikki you have outdone yourself! I am eagerly awaiting the next story you steal our hearts with!
Profile Image for Michelle Fritz PA.
1,095 reviews79 followers
November 29, 2018
Oh my gosh!! This series totally has my heart!! I loved watching how this one played out. It was one surprise after glorious surprise. Charlene is finally back and ah hem..... she's even more larger than before! Her personality sure did not change as much as her physique. I found her to be both hilarious and obnoxious this time, which seems like such a contradiction, but works so well. I love that Gray and Adrian came together. They are such interesting individuals who both share the art of body snatching. They both have obtained such tragically broken hearts as well as pasts. The constant push and pull between them was so engaging. May I just say how much I love Nan!? Meddlesome, but sweet, she really was memorable! This book was so vastly different from book one, the character development was astounding!! So beautifully executed. I love how Ms. Jefford can run away with a wholly unique idea and create this addicting series that you're both rushing through in eagerness, but also it's breaking your heart because soon you'll reach the end. She's clearly a magical magician writer who wields her wand (her pen 😉) very craftily indeed 💗💗💗
Profile Image for Dayzee.
820 reviews6 followers
December 9, 2018
Love spell gone right! Oh mercy!

Love is the air! This book had all the right vibes!! So much love! I didn’t think I would like Adrian and Gray together (im still hung over the duplicity and Raj) but oh mercy! Adrian and Gray were sizzling hot together! From flirting to touching to kissing! I really enjoyed their chemistry and every time they were together. It blossoms perfectly. I think i love them more than Lee and Raj. Maybe it was the time or place or maybe i was under a love spell too (thank you nikki) but it was beautiful! It was so good!! way to tighten all those loose ends if any and finally Gray 2 has a happy ending too. For me she always felt the real Gray so im happy! Ps Charlene makes a comeback!
Profile Image for Jo.
440 reviews2 followers
September 25, 2018
I really enjoyed Adrian in the previous books so I was really excited to learn more about him here. His Nan is probably my favorite character of the whole series! She cracked me up in every single one of her scenes. There were some pretty big questions left unanswered that I was hoping to learn about in this installment but I still enjoyed the series overall and will definitely be checking out the follow up Christmas story!

Favorite Quote:
Charlene snorted. “No thanks to you.”
Seriously? “You killed me!”
“You killed yourself. I told Mom no one was to eat those chocolates.”

Profile Image for Candy Laine.
Author 5 books6 followers
April 7, 2022
Can I start by saying I absolutely love Adrian's Nan? That's one kick-ass witch right there, knitting needles and all. Okay, who needs Carlos when you can have the Magician. I'm glad they sorted things out. Things feel settled for both Grays now. Including Raj in the climax was brilliant. And I still can't get over Charles. :)
Profile Image for Patience Cruise.
222 reviews8 followers
August 15, 2017
The best of the three

I was sucked into this story quickly. But this was by far my favorite. While I liked Raj, I was a closet Adrian fan all along.
Fingers crossed through the whole story that he'd come around and Gray could move on from the things he did in the past.
Profile Image for Pamela Love.
187 reviews1 follower
February 7, 2019
Perfect finale

I enjoyed this book much better than Duplicate! Our brought everything together and tied up some loose ends. It was interesting to learn why Adrian became The Avenger and why he was so bitter.
Profile Image for Nicole.
182 reviews3 followers
August 21, 2018
This was a fun trilogy to read. Definitely a good vacation read. I really liked the characters and storyline. I hard all the feels throughout the trilogy and I like the way it ends.
Profile Image for Michelle Sedeño.
262 reviews80 followers
June 3, 2013
Originally reviewed on The Escapist as part of the official blog tour.

***

Rating: 4.5
*Might contain spoilers if you haven't read the first two books.

I am so lucky to be part of this exclusive tour and to be able to read Enchantment earlier than its publication date. I barely read self-published books but something about this series stands out. I love Spellbound trilogy. That's why I felt ecstatic when I was invited by the lovely author, Nikki Jefford, on Enchantment's official blog tour. Of course I'd say yes, I'd be crazy if I don't.

Entangled (Spellbound #1) introduced me to the magical life of Graylee Perez and her evil twin sister, Charlene Perez. The first book showed a lot of potential and I'm impressed how the author create the effective characters and romance. Duplicity (Spellbound #2) was another story. Despite the absence of Charlene, the book shone in its own by the new mystery and more complicated life of Graylee. Both books are amazing and I love them.

I was so excited to read Enchantment. I had a wonderful journey from Duplicity and the new mystery and romance that bloomed made me wanting for more. I knew the moment I read about Adrian Montez, he'd be something. There's a reason for his existence. It almost made me squirm. XD Enchantment was set in Barcelona. Setting a romantic book on Barcelona and Paris made me squirm more. If you just imagine me saying Yes, Barcelona. And Paris! when I read the blurb.

I realized Adrian Montez was also a person. He couldn't be that mean. He's got feelings too. And he cares for his grandmother! How sweet. :) So he's kind and he had a past and even if he's crazy most of the time, he could be hot and really romantic. I fell for him and I almost forgot about Raj until he showed up. I wouldn't say that I liked how Lee (duplicate of Gray) fell for him, though. I didn't liked the idea of her being on a love spell and falling in love in the process. I think I'd like it better if she fell in love with Adrian while hating him. You know, that weird thing. Like, the more you hate, the more you love. Haha But anyways, since the characters in this book are witches and warlocks, I understand that they needed to use magic. Also, now that Lee's on a love potion, there had an adventure, fun and funny moments with the characters. Let me also tell you that this book is 10x hotter and romantic. *fans self*

Charlee was back here..with a different body. She's still herself despite the different appearance she had. She's still that crazy girl who loves unnecessary things but I liked her here than the previous books because she made me laugh (not a nice laugh, trust me) and I liked what happened to her. Even if that sounds mean. XD

It's always sad to end a series, especially the ones that left a special place on your heart. I will definitely miss Gray, Lee, Raj and Adrian. Okay, and Charlene's craziness as well. This is one of the series I will never forget and I'll re-read this when I have time. Enchantment was as magical as the first two books. It is more romantic and Adrian Montez didn't failed to make me swoon. I love the characters, this book, this series and the wonderful author. Amazing. I recommend this to everyone. Make sure to read the first two books first! :)

Check out my review of Entangled (first book) and Duplicity (second book).

Huge thanks and hugs to Nikki Jefford for providing me an ebook copy of this book, and the rest of the trilogy earlier. You're amazing!
Profile Image for Jennifer.
69 reviews1 follower
April 1, 2014
Loving Adrian!
In the first book Entangled, we meet Gray and Charlene: twin witches who end up sharing a body. In book two Duplicity, Gray is duplicated, so now there are two Gray's and there should only be one. Now on to the last book in this series, Enchantment. In some series the last book may you leave you unsatisfied. That is NOT the case in the spellbound series. I liked Entanglement and Duplicity books in this series but I loved Enchantment and why???? Nikki took a character that I really didn't like when we were first introduced to him and totally made me fall for him in book 3. That character is.... Adrian. Adrian Montez is arrogant, powerful, mysterious,unpredictable and at the same time sweet, lonely and damaged. As we get more into Adrian's past in this book we along with Graylee Perez fall fast for him. Nikkii ends this series with a bang and I truly did like the ending -- I didn't want it to end but I liked how she tied it up (and we know we don't always like the ending to a series).

In this book we follow duplicate Graylee (known as "Gray") to Barcelona, Spain -- she is attending a "magical retreat" where the use of magic is not permitted. She is here to escape her past and to figure out her future. The other Graylee (" Lee"), Raj, and her mom are all back home. Gray is having a great time exploring the city of Barcelona and has made some wonderful friends. She is away from her old life and is happy until her friends take her for her birthday to see a Magician and who is this Magician????? Adrian the Avenger! Gray LESS THAN excited to see Adrian - in fact she thougth she would never see him again and never wanted to. After seeing Adrian Gray decides to take matters into her own hands to get Adrian to leave ---but before she can get some help with a spell that will keep him away forever someone casts a love spell on her and she falls in love with none other than the ones she wants to leave... Adrian

So I don't want to spoil the story but it takes on a whirlwind tour from here on out and it was fantastic!

Adrian -- In the last two books, Adrian was a side character that was causing trouble everywhere he went. Nikki built up his role nicely in books 1 and 2. But in this book -- he takes the center stage. Adrian has true feelings for Gray, and I really LOVED where Nikki took Adrian's character. We got to explore a softer, loving, more vulnerable side of Adrian. A totally new perspective on Adrian then what we saw in the last two books.

Gray -- Great female lead! And then put her under that love spell and it was pretty amusing.

Adrian's Nan -- She is back and definitely has a mischievous side but she also does what she does out of love. What's not to like?

Charlene - Yep she comes back! I couldn't stand Charlene before -- (She killed Grey --sure on accident --but still really felt no remorse). In Enchantment, she is Charlene with a twist. A better version of Charlene (no 180 turn with her personality). And this time instead of hating her I enjoyed reading more about her and seeing her actually taking a turn for the better.

We do get a cameo appearance of Raj and Lee -- which going into this book was a must for me. But Nikki made this book all its own that was very happy with the focus being on Gray & Adrian.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 72 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.