Start by marking “Tales of the Restoration” as Want to Read:
Tales of the Restoration

Tales of the Restoration

(Tales of the Kingdom #3)

The residents of Bright City continue the struggle to subdue evil and to work for the complete restoration of the king and his bride to rule over them.
Hardcover
Published August 1st 1996 by Chariot Victor Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tales of the Restoration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of the Restoration

Start your review of Tales of the Restoration
Jana Eads
I read this aloud to my four children (11, 9, 4, and 2) and will definitely be reading it again and again in years to come! A lot of these stories really got me choked up, challenged me, and helped us see some things in a new beautiful way. The authors have a deep understanding of the Christian life and incredible imaginations. The lessons learned have come up repeatedly in conversation with my older two since reading this together, and I look forward to exposing these stories to my younger kids ...more
Elaine
Loved this one too, as the King and his people work at the restoration of the city, which was once Enchanted City, but is now freed from the Enchanter and now called Bright City. Hero and the others are grown now, and are joyfully working in the Restoration. In the midst of it, love blooms, and I always love the angst of love stories, so this was a nice ending to this trilogy.
Lana Shaw
Sep 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To the King! To the Restoration!
Lydia Thomas
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This collection is like a reunion of the characters from the other Kingdom books, many whom have lost their purpose and need reminded of it.
Kevin
Sep 21, 2007 rated it really liked it
I actually liked this one better than the first... again a childhood favorite.
Clara
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not my favorite book in the series, Tales of the Kingdom is, but I really Tales of the Restoration. It is a good ending book for the series.
LMS
Aug 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as first two but still quite good.
Donita Rensberger
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as good as the first - tales of the Kingdom & the 2nd - Tales of the Resistance.
Still an excellent book. They are all better in the hardback editions or on audio!
Stephanie
The edition I really want is out of print and would probably cost me a bundle, but I would love to own the trilogy and pass it down to my kids.
Jeff Learned
Dec 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, fiction
Reading this three book series to my kids. We all love it. Lots of heart in this story.
Susan Skavdahl
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Journey to a Kingdom not so far away to discover the true King

The 3rd book in the Tales of the Kingdom series follows Hero, once known as Scar Boy and Hunter, once known as Little Child in the adventures in Bright City. Reclaiming the city from the enchanter takes faith in the true King and perseverance.
Jennifer Stolzer
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. Very imaginative. Positive messages.
Amy
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, christian, mfw-ecc
Our least favorite of the series due to stories' lack of depth.
Stephanie Waterhouse
Twelve more stories in the last book of the trilogy. This one did not end each tale with a written moral to contemplate. The hidden truth was implied in the reading.

Time has passed since we met the major characters. Much growth and wisdom. A new found purpose - destiny or place in the Kingdom.

Restoration, to me, in biblical terms means to go back to the original plan/purpose, especially after getting off course or adversity interference. Did all end like this in these tales? To me NO! The tales
Kailie

• Dignity: The Essential Role It Plays in Resolving Conflict
  • If I Had a Little Dream
  • The Door in the Wall
  • Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha
  • Remembering the Forgotten God: An Interactive Workbook for Individual and Small Group Study
  • An Exciting Term
  • The Warden and the Wolf King (The Wingfeather Saga #4)
  • Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit
  • Get Your Life Back: Everyday Practices for a World Gone Mad
  • Dream Big: Know What You Want, Why You Want It, and What You’re Going to Do About It
  • On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness (The Wingfeather Saga, #1)
  • How to Be a Pirate (How to Train Your Dragon, #2)
  • The Green Ember (The Green Ember, #1)
  • Adam of the Road
David R. Mains has been dedicating himself for spiritual growth development programs that disturb ordinary presumptions. During the year 1967 he built an experimental church in a Teamster’s Union Hall in West Chicago. Some church-planting specialists proclaimed that it can't be done but then with a few supporters, the church has grown from only 27 until 500 for ten years.

Mains' system is advanced

Tales of the Kingdom (3 books)
  • Tales of the Kingdom (Tales of the Kingdom, #1)
  • Tales of the Resistance (Tales of the Kingdom, #2)