Start by marking “Starry Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #2)” as Want to Read:
Starry Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #2)

Starry Montana Sky

(Montana Sky #2)

Since her husband’s death, Samantha Sawyers Rodriguez and her son have been little more than prisoners on her father-in-law’s estate in 1890s Argentina. Now, thanks to her late uncle, she has an inheritance—a Montana ranch that she plans to transform into a sanctuary for orphaned boys while raising her family’s miniature horses.

Not everyone in Sweetwater Springs, however,
Published August 28th 2012 by Montlake Romance (first published April 28th 2011)

Leah
Jan 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fluffy read and it was an enjoyable story. Although if I see the word "blushed" again I think I might just be sick. Sick to death of the characters blushing whenever they so much as looked at each other! Bleugh! Otherwise, great characters, not bad storyline and a cute fluffy romance.
Mary
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once you start this series, you can't stop!

I realized half way through the story that I was reading out of order. But it didn't take away from the exciting conclusion of Samantha and Wyatt's path to love.
Cynthia
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-westerns
Debra writes a compelling story of lost, pain, sorrow, abuse, hate, learning to find your way, learning to trust and opening your heart not only to love but to children who need so much understanding. This story touched me in so many ways to many to count. I love the west, cowboys from long ago. What it must have been like to live then with people dying so young, loosing so much. Children left alone to make it on their own in the wild with open land, little or no shelter, out in rain, storms, wi ...more
Kristi
I really love how Ms. Holland balances the romance with the faith of her characters. I do believe that for many living the rural life in this time period that faith was an important part of survival and as such removing it entirely from the storyline can be as distracting as letting it take the primary role. These first two books in the series still have a lot of great chemistry and even a tiny bit of steaminess to them (not terribly graphic, but more so than most inspirational romances). The fa ...more
Cindy Nipper
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful! I am loving these audio books and especially this Montana Sky series! I just can't get enough!
Beth Kern
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: westerns
What I read of this book was well written. Unfortunately it did not hold my interest past the second chapter.
Dana Dobias
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic 2nd Story in this Series!

This story has loads of interesting twists and turns. The author moves the story along, but gives you time stamps to help keep track of the big jumps in time. This meant not having some details, but in the end she moved to bigger events. More than most authors in this genre, she had lots of interacting with previous and future characters.
Sandra Bagwell
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New beginnings

The main characters in this story have all experienced grief. When hard times come we often wish for a new beginning. Inherited land and a new town held promise. A small town filled with gossip, prejudice, and false accusations came close to ending their happiness. It's a good story.
Kit Conroy
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book and the characters, so much so that I was sad to learn the series doesn’t center around the couple in this book! A four star clean romance with sweet, innocent, shy love.

I was able to easily pick out the climax from the beginning but I still enjoyed the story.
vicky mcquiston
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all of your Montana Sky books. They hold your attention and looking forward to the next book.

I would recommend these books to anyone. Great, clean and fun. Looking forward to seeing more come out. I have read them all a few times. Even read the ones by other authors.
Laura Hess
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing story. The characters pull you in. Great story!

This book has lots of interesting touches, romance, fights, mystery. Wonderful story these characters pull you in and you ride the wave all the way through
Patricia L Chowning
Starry Montana sky review

Actually this is the second time I have read this book, I remembered the Falabellas. Storyline was different, I've enjoyed your books. Look forward to reading more. P Chowning
Sonya
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully written novel! Just what we think of a small western town. Trouble makers, stuck up patrons & store keepers. And the beginning of young friendships & 2widowers that find love again. Great book.
cheryl
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story!!

I feel so lucky to have happened upon this series of books. wait was only by accident, and I'm so happy accidents happen. I love this book and I love the characters! Wyatt, Samantha, Daniel, Christine, the twins. I love the era too.
Betsy Johnson
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

I loved the little horses and how she believed she could make a difference in the children’s lives. Shows what a little love can do to change the outcome.
Annie
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed the children in this story. I really hope that the author writes a story or more about the children. I would love to see how their futures unfold.
Harnest
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding

Very exciting and engaging. Enjoyed every page. Very hard to put this book down. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Tammy Richard
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Keeps your attention.

This a great read. It keeps you interested right up to the end. Also has a mixture of romance and anticipation.
Sandy Deaven
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Interesting from start to finish. Well written.
Sharon
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

This was an amazing story. A story based on love and trust in others, a story of children gone astray. I recommend this book.
Bronwyn Rykiert
I enjoyed this story
Nancy Ream
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this story,I would recommend it , Jean I and romantic story

I really enjoyed reading this book, it was a very good romantic story, also it was clean. I recommend it
Anya
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF. Could not get past chapter # 8. Boring and predictable.
Donna Allison
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Loved it I'm glad I find this author a must read for anyone who likes clean romantic books. Get it.
A W Asbell
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loving this Series!

I am so loving this Series! The first two books were so good. Can't wait till I can read book three.
Linda
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Samantha - "Daniel!" She waved the letter. "I have news," she called in the English she always used with him.
Her son straightened up from the horse. "What, Mama?"
Eager expectancy glowed in his blue eyes, and for a moment he looked so much like his father that a familiar pain pierced her heart and tempered her excitement. From long practice, she shoved her sadness aside. "I've inherited Uncle Ezra's ranch in Montana."
---
Wyatt - "Wyatt. I've just received a letter from Mrs. Samantha Sawyer Rodrigu
Caridad
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good story

I cannot say enough about this book without giving away spoilers. I loved Samantha's and Wyatt's story. This is a heartwarming story about love, trust, belief and redemption.
I have bought the entire series and cannot wait to read the next book. All the books I have read in one sitting and couldn't put them down because the characters are so vivid that you really care about what happens to them.
I recommend these books to all those who love an old fashioned romance that leaves yo
Terri
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read / listened to this book in audio format via audible.com. I love audio books and always pick audios over written books as the audios offer us a hands free read with multiple voices and accents - which breath life into a story like a heartbeat!

This book is great! Set back in the old western days in Sweetwater, Montana, this book is the next (book 2) in the Montana Sky series. I love how this series is an ongoing setting from the first book, complete with some of the characters.

In this book
Kelly Mccurdy
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every romance reader in the world!!
I love reading Debra Holland! It is a breath of fresh air to read a series, or a book, that doesn't have the problems and the situations that we hear about or we have in this day and age. Not to mention, the romance, and the love that Debra puts into her writing.

Starry Montana Sky is set in the Old West, where women are considered fragile, and can't do anything that a man can, let alone run a ranch with Falabella horses. When Samantha moves from Argentina to Sweetwater Springs, MT she is met wi
Haley Whitehall
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I accidentally read this book after #3 but it didn't ruin anything for me. I love how Debra Holland has built the town of Sweetwater Springs and characters and they show up in each novel like a good friend. This is my current favorite of her series.

Widow Samantha Rodriguez inherit's her uncle's run down ranch and moves from Argentina to Sweetwater Montana with her son Daniel. She plans to raise fellabellas and take in orphaned boys.

Getting to know the children in this book made it special for me
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #2; McCutcheon Family, #3)
  • A Family Forever
  • Abby: Mail Order Bride (Unconventional, #1)
  • Bride by Mail (Wild West Weddings #1)
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart (Wyoming Legacy, #1)
  • Winning the Widow's Heart (Prairie Courtships, #1)
  • Montana Hearts (Echo Canyon Brides, #6)
  • Texas Pride (Night Riders, #6)
  • Where the River Once Flowed
  • Lottie: Bride of Delaware (American Mail-Order Bride #1)
  • Sophie's Daughters Trilogy (Sophie's Daughters, #1-3)
  • Through Rushing Water
USA Today Bestselling author Debra Holland is a three-time Romance Writers of America Golden Heart finalist and one time winner. She’s the author of the award winning Montana Sky Series, sweet, historical Western romance. Book Two, Starry Montana Sky, was selected by Amazon as one of 50 Greatest Love Stories. Debra is also the author of The Gods’ Dream Trilogy, fantasy romance. Painted Montana Sky ...more

Montana Sky (10 books)
  • Wild Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #1)
  • Stormy Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #3)
  • Glorious Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #4)
  • Healing Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #5)
  • Mystic Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #6)
  • Singing Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #7)
  • Bright Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #8)
  • Montana Sky Justice (Montana Sky, #9)
  • Beyond Montana's Sky (Montana Sky Series Book 10)
“Daniel!" She waved the letter. "I have news," she called in the English she always used with him.
Her son straightened up from the horse. "What, Mama?"
Eager expectancy glowed in his blue eyes, and for a moment he looked so much like his father that a familiar pain pierced her heart and tempered her excitement. From long practice, she shoved her sadness aside. "I've inherited Uncle Ezra's ranch in Montana.”
1 likes
“Red seeped into Nick's face. "Elizabeth and I were married two weeks ago, " he explained to Samantha.
Laughter crinkled the skin around Wyatt's eyes. "Nick built her a house before the wedding. I never saw one go up so fast in my life."
Nick's flush deepened. "It's not completely finished yet. Elizabeth just refused to wait any longer."
There was a touch of wonder in his tone.
Emotion welled into Samantha's throat and she swallowed. She remembered how Juan Carlos had acted those first weeks they were married. Proud, happy as not quite believing his good fortune. What a special time that had been. How she missed him.
"I wish you happiness in your marriage, Mr. Sanders," she said.
"Call me, Nick, Ma'am." The red receded from his cheeks, leaving behind a glow. "Thank you, I'll pass your good wishes to Elizabeth.”
1 likes