Start by marking “Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)

Hidden

(Bone Secrets #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  20,117 ratings  ·  1,052 reviews
Eleven years ago, the Co-Ed Slayer murdered nine female college students on the Oregon State University campus. Lacey Campbell barely survived his attack, but he killed her best friend, Suzanne, whose body was never found.

Now a forensic odontologist analyzing teeth and bones for the state medical examiner, Lacey is devastated when she identifies Suzanne’s remains at a crim
Published July 17th 2012 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Hidden, please sign up.
Bill kendra
kendra
grasped your attention ,lightly at first and as the plot evolves the tension increases. Then she lightens it up with sexuality, and returns to suspense and yes a thriller,3/4 of the way excitement builds and you cannot put the book down. Well done and interesting enough for me to go to next in series.(less)

·  20,117 ratings  ·  1,052 reviews

Rich Stoehr
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: amazon-vine
Kendra Elliot's Hidden is billed as a romantic thriller. I just finished the book last night, and I'm still trying to figure out where the "thriller" part comes in.

Is it perhaps in the thrill Lacey feels when she first sees Jack Harper's steel blue eyes or catches a whiff of his "clean male" scent or intuits his "cut abs"? Is it in Jack's appreciation of Lacey's curves "in all the right places," even when he first notices her at a murder scene?

Because, certainly, it's not in the heavy repetition
Jonetta
Lacey Campbell, a forensic odontologist (dental specialist), is called to a crime scene and determines that the skeletal remains belong to a close friend who was abducted years ago. The remains are found on former cop Jack Harper's property, also placing him in the crossfire of the investigation. Lacey and Jack both feel an instant connection but it's eclipsed by the gruesome murders that are related to a serial killer who's been dead for almost two years. When it appears she's a target, Lacey s ...more
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
3.5 Serial Killer Stars

What is even better than mystery and suspense?

description

I had a great time with this book!
Decent storyline, interesting characters, creepy killers, what's not to enjoy? It reminded me of the days I used to devour books by Linda Howard, Beverly Barton and Karen Rose.

Yeah, the outcome was predictable, the romance was nothing to write songs about and too many POVs had my head spinning a little but it was a perfect companion for a day on the beach.
Moving on to Alex' story and Chilled.
Robin
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Over a decade ago, Lacey Campbell escaped from a serial killer. Her best friend, Suzanne, wasn't so lucky. Her body was never found. Now Lacey is working in forensic dentistry and has been called in to help identify a murder victim. She is shocked when she realizes that the skeleton that was found in a crawl space is Suzanne. Her body was found in a building owned by ex-cop Jack Harper. He believes someone planted the body there to make him look guilty. As the killer sends messages to Lacey tell ...more
I'm sorry I didn't like this one too much. There was too much emphasis on the romance, or should I say hormonal attraction/instant connection, between the MCs for this book to be credibly thrilling or suspenseful. The focus on the positive physical attributes of the MCs detracted from the seriousness of presence of a serial killer. Personally, I couldn't care less about how hot the MCs were. People were being tortured and murdered. Maybe if there was less focus on feelings and lust and more foc ...more
KAS
Nov 24, 2016 rated it liked it
I was in the mood for a romantic suspense and came upon this book I had on my Kindle for years. I read "Vanished" a while back and enjoyed it, so I thought I would give this first book in the "Bone Secrets" series a try.

Well .... the romance part of this story is almost non-existent, although I did like the H and h. The suspense was okay, but not what I would consider riveting. My thoughts while reading, kept waffling between "okay, finally this book is kicking into gear," and then "hmmmm, I am
Linda Strong
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
Lacey Campbell is a forensic odontologist who gets called to a crime scene where some bones have been discovered. Along with the bones, they find a cop's badge ... and a necklace.... an item that Lacey knows very well. It belonged to a college roommate who had been kidnapped 11 years before but her body had never been found .. until now.

Lacey was a witness to the abduction and her information had led the police to the man responsible. He was tried, convicted, and died in prison.

Other people star
Mara
Jun 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
An extremely weak book. At 70% I skimmed to the end. As a thriller it was everything but gripping. As a romance it was totally lacking.

The story was so deja-heard it was a shame (serial killer, again?!?), the instalust-love didn't help, nor did the superficial characterization.

Probably ok if you really love RS, otherwise I can't recommend it. But this month the price is at 2$. You can risk it :)
Jacqui
Jul 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Kendra Elliot's Hidden (Montlake Romance 2012) is a fast-moving romance thriller (don't be mislead by the classification as 'thriller'; it isn't) with everything you'd expect in the genre. Dr. Lacey Campbell, a forensic odontologist, is drawn into the ten-year old murder of her best friend when the skeleton shows up in the basement of a rundown apartment building and she is called in to identify it. The de rigeur love interest arrives in the guise of the building owner and they are thrown togeth ...more
CD {Boulder Blvd}
May 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: s-net-galley
I can generally read a book in a day or two. It took me over a week to get through this and most of the way through the book I just wanted to make snarky comments. OK I did make snarky comments only there was no one there to hear them.

Maybe it was that I had just been reading Karen Rose and this didn't stack up or maybe it just didn't appeal to me. However, my favorite genre is romantic suspense and this is billed as romantic suspense.

What I liked:

I liked the cover so Kudos to the artist and wh
Debby "Piene Raven"
Lacey Campbell, a forensic dental specialist is sent to a crime scene to determine the remains of a bones left in an apartment building. Little does she know until later that the bones belonged to her best friend from her gymnastic squad. Also enters ex cop Jack Harper who is put into the equation due to the fact that the building in question is owned by his family. Sparks fly between Lacey and Jack and an instant connection begins along with a string of murders that are related a serial killer ...more
Maria V. Snyder
Aug 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I was in the mood for a romantic suspense and had gotten this book for x-mas. It has all the elements of that genre and the plot of the story had some nice twists. It's just the execution of the story was heavy-handed - which is hard to explain. This is a debut novel, so it's probably just inexperience and there are some really good scenes and characters. I loved that the main protagonist, Lacey Campbell is a Forensic Dentist and she also teaches at a dental school - that was a really cool angle ...more
Beanbag Love
The premise is good, but some really stupid moves by the investigators annoyed me. One of those, "really, you're just considering that now?" kinds of things.

The lead characters were fine, but made me a little itchy. The male lead, Jack, is an ex-cop who hasn't carried a gun in years. He refuses to. But he's the guy who insists he's going to keep the heroine safe. Everyone is like, "he'll take care of her," but I'm wondering how he's supposed to do that since he carries no weapons whatsoever.

I
♡Karlyn P♡
DNF @25% This book isn't bad, but it was not holding my interests. I don't think I am in the mood for a dark romance suspense, so I will set it aside for now. I may pick it up again later when I am looking for something along this line.
Lacey Campbell was the one that got away. She was the sole survivor of a serial killer, "The Co-Ed Slayer" in college and the star witness in his trial. She now works as a forensic dentist helping to identify bodies for the ME's office. When she identifies the body of her friend and the last known victim of the Co-Ed Slayer, it seems that the killer they put away might not have been acting alone. This new killer seems to have Lacey in his sights.

This book had a little bit of everything - the cri
Monnie
Jun 18, 2014 rated it liked it
I really, really wanted to like this book. It's the first in the author's "Bone Secrets" novels, with the main character a forensic odontologist who examines teeth and bones for the state medical examiner. It was said to be part thriller - definitely my "thing" - and part romance (well, if the thriller part is good enough, I can force myself to wade through the sappy stuff).

And for the most part, I did like it; for the better part of an hour, in fact, I wrestled with whether I should give it 4 s
Lainie
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Hidden was a mediocre read. I liked the idea of a forensic odontologist and the plot of finding the teeth of her long missing best friend. But there ends the originality of this book. It becomes yet another telling of a "perfect" woman protagonist - you know, a woman with a genius IQ but so much in touch with her sexuality, it's palpable. A woman who is kind to the social misfits, the down-trodden, to children and the elderly but who has a razor sharp tongue kept in her back pocket, saved to tak ...more
Cindy ~
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hang on to your hats - there is a new suspense sheriff in town. I can not express how much I loved this book. I am a huge fan of Karen Rose and when I saw her recommend this author I didn't even think twice just bought it and started reading.

From the opening scene until the last, the words just flowed. The author flawlessly takes us on a journey that spans the course of 11 years.

There are many cast of characters. The sole surviving victim of the Co-ed Slayer who had murdered nine female studen
Zannie (darktwistybooks)
Hidden by Kendra Elliot is the first book in the Bone Secrets series. There’s no better way to start off a series than with a 5-star rated book. Bravo!

There is so much going on in Hidden, that I don’t even know where to start. That’s a good thing though.

Dr. Lacey Campbell is an odontologist with the state medical examiner’s office. Called to a scene to examine the teeth of a set of bones discarded under a building, she discovers a mouth with distinct dental apparatus’. Combined with the necklace
Lauren
Hidden
3 Stars

The only survivor of the serial killer called the Co-Ed Slayer, Lacey Campbell found purpose in life by becoming a forensic odontologist. Now, eleven years later, the body of one of the victims is discovered in a building owned by former police officer, Jack Harper, and someone begins killing the witnesses that put the Slayer in prison. Can Lacey and Jack elude the killer before they become his next victims?

Not a bad debut attempt although the mystery is better than the romance.

Whil
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well that settles it, 4 no, 4.5 no um...ah, 5 stars it is.
That's how I was feeling towards what rating to give it. It was that good. And I don't give 5 stars often. Mostly 4's but I like to give a book a 5 now and then.

The story is this: You have a survivor of a past and traumatic event, now finds missing people by studying the bones and teeth and let's just say, the past comes back to haunt her. And others that were involved.

I had heard nothing about this series. The cover caught my eye, the s
Malina Skrobosinski
It had it's moments.

This was my first Kendra Elliot read... yeah, I know, a big shocker, I'm late to the the party as usual. I can't say that anything in particular stood out for me. It wasn't a terrible read, it was just okay. The suspense was just okay, the romance was just okay, the writing was just okay. Everything... just okay.

I don't really have a whole lot to say about this one. I honestly don't think I'll move forward with the series as I really didn't connect to any of the characters.
Suzanne Steele
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The right blend...
Say the word serial killer in a blurb and I am usually in. I found this series while it was on the top 100 list and when I saw that the books were 1.99, I got a few of them after I read this one. This is a great read, but I will warn you that it does fall under the 'romance-suspense genre.' Having said that--it may not be the guts and glory kind of book that a die hard thriller fan would want, but the author does a great job of intertwining the thriller, romance, and suspense a
Samantha
3 stars. But just barely!

By the blurb I expected something that would get my heart racing due to both the romance and the suspense. A read that would throw me for a loop and have me guessing. This book did not deliver. But there were a few parts I really did enjoy so I gave it a bit higher of a rating then what I had planned.
Alaina
This book was so freaking good!

Hidden definitely had some boring moments but I quickly overlooked them because of the mystery. I also really enjoyed the smut scene between Lacey and Jack! Throughout the book, I may or may not of had some suspects in my mind. Of course, the ending did kind of throw me for a loop - even though that certain someone was a suspect. It shook me to the cover and now I can't wait to dive into the next thriller.

In this, you will meet Lacey. She escaped from a killers gr
Robin
4 1/2 STARS

First off, I am breaking my new rule, wherein I DO NOT write reviews, because a) I write sucky reviews & b) I recently updated my profile explaining my star ratings if a reader is curious.

I also do not enjoy

& believe you can quite easily find what the book is about by reading the synopsis (see above).

Nevertheless, I am saddened how a majority of the reviews posted comment on how Hidden shouldn't be categorized as a THRILLER (please see general definition of: http://en.wikiped
Tammie
I have mixed feeling about Hidden. The negatives for me were the amount of language, the way the love interest is written, and the way the main character is characterized. I can ignore the F word if it's used sparingly in a book, but just about every page got old. The romance in this book also had me rolling my eyes as usual with it's over the top descriptions. Not really the sex scene although it was way more detailed than I care to read, but of Jack's overall presence and personality. He's the ...more
Adrian Lawrence
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Leave it hidden.
Every now and again you start a book and after only a few pages you know it's a mistake. This is one of those books. It's awful. There might be a reasonable plot in there somewhere if it can be found buried beneath the endless and boring explanations of the passion the main protagonists have for each other. Their hormones are constant and adolescent. What he "wouldn't like to do to her" and the "heat low in her body". Non stop cringe worthy drivel.. A chapter that is dedicated to
M A R I G O L D
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
The sheer number of characters and respective POVs confused me and I struggled to follow the story. Some parts were quite far fetched and it ruined it for me. I also didn't find myself connecting with the characters. It wasn't a terrible book but it just wasn't for me. You might enjoy it.
Dee
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Two-haiku review:

Serial killer
Almost got her way back when
Someone's avenging

Exciting suspense
Plenty of romance mixed in
Likable couple

• Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Fear For Me (For Me, #2)
  • Twisted (Tracers, #5)
  • First You Run (Bullet Catcher, #4)
  • If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy, #3)
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
  • Run from Fear (Dead Wrong, #3)
  • Edge of Shadows (Shadow Ops, #3)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Obsession (Faces of Evil, #1)
  • He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not (Deadly Games, #1)
  • Beneath Bone Lake
  • Midnight Fear (Chasing Evil, #2)
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Hunted (Edgars Family, #2)
An Amazon #1 selling author, Kendra Elliot has sold over 6 million books. Get a free insider's guide to Kendra's books at www.KendraElliot.com.

She grew up in the lush Pacific Northwest and still lives there with her family and three cats. She's fascinated with forensics, refuses to eat anything green, and dreams of living every day in flip flops.

The BONE SECRETS NOVELS: HIDDEN, CHILLED, BURIED,

Bone Secrets (5 books)
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
  • Alone (Bone Secrets, #4)
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
“Only in Portland was it unforgivable not to recycle efficiently.” 1 likes
“Even a lesbian would react to the raw testosterone that pumped into the air around him.” 0 likes