Start by marking “Goodbye Mr Hollywood” as Want to Read:
Goodbye Mr Hollywood

Goodbye Mr Hollywood

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  111 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Nick Lortz is sitting outside a cafe in Whistler, a village in the Canadian mountains, when a stranger comes and sits next to him. She's young, pretty and has a beautiful smile. Nick is happy to sit and talk with her.

But why does she call Nick "Mr Hollywood"? Why does she give him a big kiss when she leaves? And who is the man at the next table - the man with short white h
Published August 17th 2000 by Oxford University Press, USA (first published November 6th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Goodbye Mr Hollywood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodbye Mr Hollywood

Venüs
İngilizce olarak okuduğum ilk kitap.. Ödev olarak okudum ama güzeldi çevirmek ve özet çıkarmak zorunda olduğum için sindire sindire okudum.. hikaye kitabı olmasına rağmen heyecanlıydı (:
Serpil
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
First english book. Done!
Noriho Motokawa
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
1. oxford 1
2. 5/26=90
3. Canada stranger Nick call Mr.Hollywood question answer
4. a)She smiled at him. It was a nice smile. But Nick knew all about nice smiles and he walked quickly out of the restaurant.
b) Nick is cautious of beautiful woman because he was implicated in a troble. I think the experience was traumatic for him.
5. At first, the story was strange and I could not understand what Mistery girl wants to do. The end of story, Nick could understand all mistery and reason why he was implic
Yumi
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
1.GOODBYE MR HOLLYWOOD/OXFORD/Level1
2.60minutes
3.travel writer, "mistery girl", "Mr. Hollywood", a man with white hair, shooting, millionaire's daughter, police station
4.when someone tries to kill you, how do you do?- I run away somewhere far, ask police help.
5.it was very exciting story. I felt nervous when a man with white hair tried to kill Nick.
Abrar Alarjan
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-english
It is just story about man and woman .
Denner Martins
Aug 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shittiest story in the world
Mizuki Touda

Gun
Detective
Wrong

4.a
When Nick was in a café, a stranger who is a pretty and beautiful comes and sits next to him. But Nick doesn’t know her. When she leaves the café, she calls Nick “Mr Hollywood” and gives him kiss. Since then, Nick has some troubles. Nick is nearly killed by a man who has white hair and tall. Why does Nick have some trouble? Why a stranger does call “Mr Hollywood”? You are able t
Takuma Kusagawa
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
1. OXFORD, Level1

2. 4/22=80minutes

3. mystery girl,Mr.Hollywood,Nick,Tronto,Vancouver,kill,detective

4. Mstery girl said"Do you remember me? We met at a party in Tronto." Nick said"I'm Nick. But we
didn't meet at party in Tronto. I don't go to parties very often, and never in Tronto.

5. I think that this book includes contents of mistery, so I was interestend in reading this book.
A main character met some accident, but this story comes to happy ending.
Yuki Kato
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
1. Oxford / level1

2. 80minutes

3. Mr Hollywood, man, Nick, cafe, hotel, Vancouver, Mystery girl

4. I don't like the paragraph that Nick is sitting at a cafe and a stranger who sits next to him kissed him.
I did not understand that meaning.

5. I thought this story was interesting because I can not image the story and the end of it was good. I want to read this book again. Nick was poor in this story, I think.
Kanae Kamiya
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
1.oxford=level1
2. 6/12=75 6/16=10
3. MR HOLLYWOOD stranger cafe ship travel whitehair Vancouver
4.I like the scene that ” 'Somebody's shooting me!' Nick thought. He turned and run. ” . The picture in this page is nice. I felt nervous too!!
5. It's strange story. I could know there are some questions but I could not know answer to it.. It was difficult for me to understand. I want to know trick!!haha I became the feeling same as him while I read it.

Ryota Kato
1.John Escott Level1
2.5/21=10min
3.Nick, Mr hollywood, kiss, mystery, gun, detective, wrong,
4. "Excuse me,"somebody said. "Can I sit with you?" And he walked quickly out of the restaurant.
Because this passage expect to involve a man in an accident again.
5.I thought that this book express human relations, so sometimes I confused.
I'm sorry, I couldn't concentrate on reading this book, so it took long time to read.

Huda Aweys
Even it was just another teaching storey , but it was a good one ! .. I liked it :) , it was an interesting detective story and I like this kind of novels in general ...
It was short, simple and had a worth main idea so .. !
Daisuke Hamamoto
John Escott 1

80 minutes

nick pretty beautiful hollywood cafe kiss vancouver

I liked this book
stranger girl kissed him on the mouse

It was like fantastic and interesting and eaay to read. Especially story was strange.
Tanwanchun
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christian Lopez
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Basic reading for English learners, with a lot of suspense that keeps you on the reading until the last page.
Tere D.
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it
bah...
Lucy
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a short story and really dramatic. I just need to spend around 40 minutes to finish it.
Shurouq
Apr 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Joanne-in-Canada
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: esl-literature
Language was simple enough, but the story was not terribly engaging. I'm not sure what it was missing.
Khaled
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A short story and somewhat enjoyable, suitable for reading at the time of passing the need for recreation. ........ Read it ^_^
Ozlem
Jul 13, 2011
Islam El-bahnasawy
Nov 02, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
John Escott started by writing children's books and comic scripts, but now writes and adapts books for students of all ages. He especially enjoys writing crime and mystery thrillers, and is a member of the British Crime Writers Association.

With Oxford University Press John has published London for the Oxford Bookworms Factfile series; Agatha Christie, Woman of Mystery, Star Reporter, Girl on a Mot
More about John Escott