Start by marking “Dangerous to Hold (Dangerous, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous to Hold (Dangerous, #3)

Dangerous to Hold

(Dangerous #3)

Searching for his missing wife but finding instead her look-alike, fiery-tempered Catherine Courtnay, Marcus Lytton, the Earl of Wrotham, asks Catherine to pose as his wife in order to help his investigation.
Published April 1st 1996 by Bantam (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous to Hold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous to Hold

Loucy
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aaah, une héroïne comme je les aime, secrète mais à fort caractère et qui en fait voir au beau héros viril qui ne manque pas de courage. L'histoire m'a passionnée, les caractères des héros et leur relation aussi. Très bon moment de lecture, un de mes livres préférés de cet auteur.
Frida
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite book of all time! I dont know how many times I have read it!
Absolutely love it! Wished it could have been a book no 2 for this one!
Adriana
Dangerous to Hold by Elizabeth Thornton

I enjoyed this story.

The description of the book I am listing below is from the back jacket of the book. I'm adding it because I believe the one on the Goodreads page does not depict this story.

A HEARTLESS RAKE
He'd accosted her on a dark London street, sure that she was his missing wife. But a few moments in her company assured Marcus Lytton that Miss Catherine Courtnay was nothing like Catalina. Cool and remote, with a tongue as tart as a lemon and eyes th
Ilze
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Entertaining reading, even if the plot and characters are something of an incoherent mess. The hero is Thornton's standard alpha male main character with really nothing to distinguish him from, say, the hero of Dangerous to Kiss. The heroine, Catalina/Catherine, is not a believable character at all. The only time she seemed like a real person was when she was herself, but her Catalina role and Spanish partisan role just didn't work for me, requiring too much suspension of disbelief. Amy and El G ...more
Anneliese Bennion
Jul 10, 2008 rated it liked it
This was an interesting story. I didn't actually expect that Catherine had been a spy. That was fun and unexpected. I loved the underlying tension between her and Marcus. I couldn't wait for him to figure out who she really was. The story got a little lengthy after they kill the murderer, I mean they're married and love eachother. How long does it really take for them to realize it and get back together? But other than the superfluous 20-30 pages at the end, I really enjoyed finding out about wh ...more
Tabetha Waite
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What can I say but WOW! This author seldom disappoints and I read this book rather quick. We have intrigue, mystery, romance, so much is going on that I didn't even know who was the TRUE villain until the end when it was revealed. Loved every page :)
Karen  Boruff
Sep 28, 2014 rated it liked it
A little to far fetched for my taste. Couldn't get into the characters. Don't really like the authors style...struggled to finish the book.
Daneesha
May 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i picked up a great batch of books this time from the library. this book was amazing. a spy mystery, lots of sex, witty dialogue, and a smoldering hero make for a great story.
Karla
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Moontide Embrace
  • The Deception
  • Lord Stanhope's Proposal
  • Never Trust a Rogue (Heiress in London, #2)
  • The Marriage Wager
  • Whitefire
  • Lord of the Night
  • One Moonlit Night
  • The Truelove Bride
  • The Earl of Her Dreams
  • River of Fire (Fallen Angels, #6)
  • The Bridegroom (Captive Hearts, #4)
  • Too Wicked To Love
  • The Bride of the Unicorn
  • The Return of the Earl (Botany Bay, #1)
  • Molnfri bombnatt
  • Night Trains
  • Badcock
Mary Forrest George, née Baxter was born and educated in Aberdeen, Scotland, where she taught school for a number of years before establishing her own nursery school, St. Swithin Street Nursery School, an institution that is still going strong today.

She and her husband then emigrated to Canada with their three young sons. She taught kindergarten and Grade One for a number of years in Winnipeg, Man

Dangerous (3 books)
  • Dangerous to Love (Dangerous, #1)
  • Dangerous to Kiss (Dangerous, #2)