Start by marking “Axis of Evil World Tour: An American's Travels in Iran, Iraq, and North Korea” as Want to Read:
Axis of Evil World Tour: An American's Travels in Iran, Iraq, and North Korea

Axis of Evil World Tour: An American's Travels in Iran, Iraq, and North Korea

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
"Axis of Evil World Tour" goes beyond the superficial coverage found in much of the media to bring a boots-on-the-ground look at three of the most enigmatic, difficult-to-enter countries on the planet-Iran, Iraq, and North Korea. North Korea: Visit the tense yet quiet DMZ that divides North from South, one of the eeriest places on earth. Spend time touring Pyongyang, the s ...more
Published December 6th 2006 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Axis of Evil World Tour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Axis of Evil World Tour

Feb 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Laura by: Alex Yount
My ex worked as special orders clerk at Borders for almost a year and during that time he would bring home books that he found sifting through various publishers. He brought home Axis of Evil World Tour, read through it in one day and passed it on to me. Scott Fisher has a pretty extraordinary set of circumstances in his life that allow him to get first hand access to the three member countries of the Bush Administration's Axis of Evil.

Fisher's background as a professor in South Korea made his
Kathleen
Aug 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Fisher has put together an interesting book based on his diverse range of experiences in the Axis of Evil--his primary experience was a decade working in South Korea, leading him to make the journey to North Korea as a tourist. He then worked for the US government on Korean issues, but when they inexplicably transferred him to work on China (with which he had no experience or familiarity), he volunteered to help rebuild Iraq after the invasion. Finally, he took a 3-week trip to Iran as a tourist ...more
Rebecca Blankenship Papin
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been interested in doing a tour of North Korea for the last few years, so to read the account of someone who did the exact same tour I want to do was fascinating. Fisher further confirmed just how whacked out North Koreans are...which makes me want to go even more. His section on Iraq was the shortest and least interesting, but that can be forgiven by the fact that he devotes nearly half the book to his 20 day tour in Iran. Overall, a highly enjoyable read.
Sphinx Feathers
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: travel
I enjoyed it. I liked the jolly tone overall, and the pictures added a lot. My favorite part was Iran, but the whole thing was pretty interesting. There are a lot of embittered travel writers these days and Fisher was not one of them. I would love to see a travel book about his other travels like China, or the rarely written about, South Korea.
Angrysrilankan
Feb 15, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: book-club-books
I really didn't read too much of this. I got irritated with the writer's voice and wasn't too impressed when I found out that he only decided to write the book after having already gone to N. Korea (for a very short visit) and Iraq. He only decided to write the book before going to Iran.
Scott
Jun 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Enjoyable easy read. Reads a bit linear, "I went here, then went here and then did this and then went here." but the author is insightful and funny which made up for its one dimensional nature.
Helga