Start by marking “Discovering Wild Plants: Alaska, Western Canada, The Northwest” as Want to Read:
Discovering Wild Plants: Alaska, Western Canada, The Northwest

Discovering Wild Plants: Alaska, Western Canada, The Northwest

Learn all about the interesting and delicious wild harvest of Alaska, western Canada, and the Northwest in this significant illustrated volume on 147 wild plants.
Published June 1st 2003 by Alaska Northwest Books

To ask other readers questions about Discovering Wild Plants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discovering Wild Plants

Jeff Lawshe
Oct 25, 2009 rated it liked it
I read far enough in this book to know that I need to study it, learn it, memorize it.

Schofield's book is a great addition to any apocalypse-preparedness library. It covers edible species of plants that grow in the wild (and in urban areas).

Discovering Wild Plants describes how to find edibles, when to harvest them, how to prepare them, and what they'll do for you in terms of nutrition, wellness, and healing.

This book is the standard in wild edibles if you live in Washington state, and it's requ
Harry
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: naturalism

I have lived in south central Alaska my entire life, and have very frequently used this book to learn about some of the amazing plants around me, and especially what they are used for. My girlfriend is a botanist from Hawaii, who has only been in Alaska for one summer. I got her a copy of this as an early birthday present, ad she was exhilarated! Schofield is the authority on plants in this area apparently, so 5 stars it is.
Lester
May 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My very favourite plant book..my three kids have used this book for many years. We live in the Y.T. and this is the best reference book because it is written 'easily'. Good pictures to go along with all written words and recipies that we have tried too! Great book as a gift..though kinda expensive..I lend my book out 'at my table'!!
Shannon
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
You can learn so much about foraging in the wilds of Alaska with this book and have some fun recipes to boot!
Jonathan Goff
May 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book full of information about many edible and medicinal pacific northwest plants. General information as well as the author's own experience with the plants.
Emma Forsberg
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome resource book to add to your Alaskan library. It has valueable information on harvesting Alaska's wild plants for food, medicine, and other botanical products.
Stephanie Sanderlin