Start by marking “Aftershocks” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Aftershocks

Catherine Coulter

Aftershocks

It may even have been in the spirit of clinical research that Dr. David Winter decided to mold himself into one of the heroes in romance novelist Chelsea Lattimer's works. By doing so, he walked into some appealingly unquantifiable territory--hers--and both soon discovered how wrong you can be when you judge a book only by its cover.
Hardcover, Large Print, 320 pages
Published January 1st 2005 by Thorndike Press (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Aftershocks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aftershocks

Start your review of Aftershocks
Tina
What in the fragenackle hell did I just read?

Beware.... I am spoiling the hell out of this book......

I picked this up because it seemed like an interesting May-December romance. The book starts out fine for about oh... 2 chapters. Then as I read on I had a series of 'What the fuck...?' moments.

First WTF - Hero thinks heroine is a hooker because she is 23 years old and has money enough to own a nice car and her own home. Yeah, a woman can only own nice stuff if she is a hooker.

Second WTF - H&H ar
Cheesecake
Alyx
Sep 30, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kari
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2012
After reading a number of early historical books by Ms. Coulter, I figured I'd give one of her early contemporary romances a try. I can't say that I really enjoyed Aftershocks that much. It started out great. Elliot meets and flirts with "George" at a volleyball game. There is a definite attraction between the two of them. There is a bit of a mystery around George and who she really is. Then we find out that she is a model, 23 and very inexperienced. She has chosen Elliot to show her "the ways o ...more
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Like not even close to love

The book was ok, kind of a brainless read. Nothing up to Coulter's usual standards. The thing that drives me out of my mind though when reading this and other books on Kindle are the errors. I understand the publishers don't have the printing expense normally associated with books when dealing with kindle editions, but do they leave out the proofreading step as well? As far as I can tell from reading kindle editions, the answer is a resounding yes, they do! I am extrem
Sana
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Catherine Coulter was trying to convey something plausible through Aftershocks but out of the norm. Yes, at times one person in a relationship forces a decision deeming it as best for the relationship. But that is just how they perceive it. The concept of the book is questionable is the sense that something like this is hard to come across.

I found the protagonist to be somewhat childish and unlike the normalities that a person in such a profession comes across. It just highlighted the frequency
Christine
Had an ebook of this for a long time, but only just got around reading it. It was a light read, but regrettably forgettable. If i close the book and sometime would passby, i would forget i was reading it. The story just don't stick with me. Plus, i didn't really like the characters. In the story, George was way younger than Elliot, but it seemed that they were both childish. And Elliot was just an arrogant prick, who is not believable at being a doctor. Some good points is that it is well writte ...more
penelopewanders
Well, I kept waiting for the shock announced in the title, but it doesn't really come. I read this on successive mornings while drying off after my morning swim, so it held my interest enough to be able to pick it up (and put it down)... I expect this was written a while ago - we've come a long way, baby!
Jodi King
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical guy gets the girl romance but an easy light read.
Joanne
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr Elliot Mallory meets model George Hathaway and have great chemistry together but coming from 2 very different worlds will they make it?
Victoria Pinder
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Catherine Coulter has been on my must read shelf for years. Again she made my day a little brighter with this one.
Martha A. Hill
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aftershocks great romance

I enjoyed the characters in this book. They were competitive and always had something to do to keep the action going! Good romance book!
Linda Morey
Little bland -more feeling at end came through between a beautiful model and successful doctor 15 years older. Sweet to her most of the time so to me he felt more fatherly sometimes than boyfriend.
Darlene
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A total comfort read. Enjoyed
Brenda Allen
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story
Barbara Margherio
It was okay. I did finish reading it. It wasn't one of those books that you can't put down or can't wait to pick up again and read. Slow moving.
Sapheron
3.5 stars. I've often thought, when reading a book I absolutely love, 'why the hell can't I have a second book about these characters just showing their daily life?' Well, Catherine just gave me a hell of a good one... there isn't anything very interesting going on.

Aftershocks wasn't boring, it just went nowhere really. They meet, he's awesome and nice and she's awesome and nice and their relationship is awesome and nice until, for all of 10 pages he's not so awesome and nice, she's not so aweso
Denise
Jun 22, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants romance, and a quick read.
Another good novel by Catherine Coulter. It was thoroughly a romance novel--a good one, but not a great one. It is clearly one of her earlier novels. If this had been the first of her novels that I had read, I would read more. However, if I compare it to her other novels, I find it lacking, as all of her later novels have so much more to them. George is quite an enjoyable character to read about, but the story itself doesn't have that extra umph to it that makes her other novels so wonderful. It ...more
Catherine
I like the story a lot and I realize this was published decades ago, but there were a lot of typographical errors and misspellings. Also some misuse of words along the lines of compliment vs. complement. I don't think this was one of the exact examples from the book, but it was odd to see so many errors within the book itself. That being said, this is still a fun book to read.
Jade
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it love how he older and she younger. I did think she was a bit childish in some parts. I didn't like the ending, it was one of the worst ending I read. I did love the subboness that had between Dr Marllory and George. I like how it invlove her family... however i still think it ened quickier than I like.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Dr. Elliot Mallory and Georgina Hathaway meet. Everything seems to be great. Once again, this is a man with his feet on the ground with a "woman head in the clouds". Sweet romance with predictable happily ever after. Well written and easy read. For romance lovers who like doctors.
Gjbates
Petie McCarty
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of Ms. Coulter's early books but it was still a very enjoyable read. The single week of binge drinking and cigarettes was a little hard to fit with the heroine's storyline, but it didn't buggar up the overall enjoyability too much. Too much else to like about the story.
Stacy
May 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This was my first Coulter novel and i loved it!
Vanessa
A nice story, fast and easy to read. The characters are enjoyable and the romance is touching. Simple plot, nice ending, even if a little corny. I wasn't wowed by it, but I enjoyed it.
Bobbie
May 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good - I don't believe I've ever read a good by her before but my daughter says I have. It was good and interesting.
Allyssa
I've got an older printing, with a different cover. It's quite worn out. I've really enjoyed this book and read it a number of times.
Samie Kauchis
First book I've ever read by this Author... Seemed a little off at times, but it was an over all good book. I'll have to consider reading other works by her in the future.
Felicia
Very good romance but Elliott could have been a little bit more realistic. Most men love having a young woman and model. He was very none chalant about it.
Lesli
May 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, r-2004
Typical 80s contemporary romance. If you like CC, you might like this. All the dialogue and setting is dated (as can be expected).

• Hot Shot
  • Night Moves
  • Whistleblower
  • Midnight Crystal (Ghost Hunters, #7; Arcane Society #9; Dreamlight Trilogy #3)
  • Return to Virgin River (Virgin River, #19)
  • All That Glitters
  • The Librarian Principle
  • The Rules of Murder (D.I. Dani Stephens, #2)
  • The Sourdough Wars (Rebecca Schwartz, #2)
  • Christmas at Holiday House
  • Christmas on Reindeer Road (Highland Falls #2)
  • Silver Thaw (Mystic Creek, #1)
  • The Devil's Own (Hellraisers, #2)
  • Fatal Accusation (Fatal, #15)
  • Running Back (New York Leopards, #2)
  • Rush Me (New York Leopards, #1)
  • Playing For Keeps ('Fantasy' Football #1)
  • Wired Courage (Paradise Crime Book 9)