Start by marking “Nalah and the Pink Tiger” as Want to Read:
Nalah and the Pink Tiger

Nalah and the Pink Tiger

Nalah and the Pink Tiger is about a rambunctious little girl who lives so intensely in her imagination that grown-ups view her as a troublemaker. Things come to a head when, in addition to all the exotic animals that Nalah has placed” in the house, a pink tiger follows” her home from the zoo and creates havoc.
Published March 5th 2013 by Mighty Media Kids

To ask other readers questions about Nalah and the Pink Tiger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nalah and the Pink Tiger

Start your review of Nalah and the Pink Tiger
Lisa Ann
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Family Reading and Early Grade School Readers
Recommended to Lisa Ann by: Goodreads First Reads
Note: I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. This is not a paid review, my comments and opinions are mine alone, they are honest impressions, and have not been influenced by the Author or Publisher.

Nalah and the Pink Tiger is a lovely first published story book from the very talented Anne Sawyer-Aitch. The story introduces us to the fabulously imaginative young Nalah, who lives in a world of her imagination, where brightly coloured and precocious animals inhabit the rooms
Syvannah Tewes
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I won this book through goodreads First reads contest.

Being the mom I am, I read the book before I set my girls free with it. I was enchanted by the colorful illustration and the main character, Nahla. The story itself could have been written about my own girls! I eagerly looked forward to story time. All in all it was a delightful read that will be added to our bookshelves for years to come.

My oldest who's 6 didn't care for the story, but she rarely sits still for stories anyway. On her own
Chelsea
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I won this book through a goodreads.com giveaway and to my happy surprise, it arrived a couple of days ago in the mail. I really enjoyed the creative story line and bright, youthful illustrations. Overall, the book had a playful attitude that I’m sure both adults and children alike will be drawn to. While reading, I fell in love with the many imaginary animals that inhabit Nalah’s house, especially Mad Tooth, the mouse who lives in the sock drawer and likes to eat one of each of the pairs of ...more
Lindsay
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won a copy of Nalah and the Pink Tiger here on Goodreads. The author/illustrator, Anne, sent me a card along with the copy of the book. I thought that was very nice of her. The main character, Nalah is very imaginative...which I loved! A lot of kids now are so bombarded by media telling them what to think, that it was very refreshing to see a character who made up her own fun and stories. The illustrations are very unique (granted, I don't read too many picture books anymore), I love the note ...more
Shelby
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-books
This is a really cute book. The illustrations are fantastic! Very colorful. Any child would love this book. I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway.
Create With Joy
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nalah is a little girl with a special gift. Everywhere she goes, she sees wild animals!

Her mother believes Nalah has a wild imagination. Nalah believes her mother just can’t see the animals!

Nalah and the Pink Tiger is a delightfully illustrated picture book in which first-time author and illustrator Anne Sawyer-Aitch brings the exotic animals in Nalah’s world to life!

These creatures have a way of taking over Nalah’s house and wreaking havoc wherever they go.

Some of the animals you’ll meet in
paula
I like this unconventional picture book quite a bit. It is crazy busy to look at, with insane hot colors and an abundance of pattern that on a technical level makes the illustrations hard to read - think Persian carpets, South Asian miniatures - but I think preschool audiences will be fascinated.

The author is a "puppeteer and stilt-walker" and says that she "has a lot of talented friends with strange skill sets." Her illustrations are made using a technique borrowed from making shadow puppets -
Jun 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Title: NALAH AND THE PINK TIGER
Author and Illustrator: Anne Sawyer-Aitch
Publisher: Scarletta Kids
March 2013
ISBN: 978-1938063008
Genre: Children/picture book

NALAH AND THE PINK TIGER is about a rambunctious little girl who lives so intensely in her imagination that grown-ups view her as a troublemaker. Things come to a head when, in addition to all the exotic animals that Nalah has “placed” in the house, a pink tiger “follows” her home from the zoo and creates havoc.

NALAH AND THE PINK TIGER
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is a celebration of a child's imagination. Nalah is a girl who loves wild animals. Her imagination is so vivid that she explores it throughout her day and in every room of her house to the point where her family becomes frustrated with her, but this does not stop Nalah, especially when she discovers a pink tiger at the zoo.

I love when she says, "My mom says I have a big imagination. I think that means she can't see the animals." Sometimes as adults we run around getting things done and
Stacie
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Since I lead Storytime at our local library, children's books are always part of my book search. I am always looking for unique books that I can share that are also fun to read aloud and get the kids interested. NALAH AND THE PINK TIGER is just that kind of book. There are even coloring pages and crafts available on the website to go along with the book!

As you can tell from the cover photo and from this page, the illustrations are bright and colorful. This is key to getting the child's attention
Terri
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Nalah and the Pink Tiger by Anne Sawyer-Aitch is a fun romp through one young girl's imagination. The story is about Nalah and the animals that she has living all around her. of course, all of these animals are in her imagination. She has a mouse who eats socks, a pig who makes a mess out of the bathroom and an emu who likes spend time in the family dining room. When Nalah goes to the zoo, she meets a pink tiger and brings in home. However, he causes a lot of havoc with all the other animals in ...more
Carrie Ardoin
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, i-own-this, tour
This was a cute little story about a young girl that has a vivid imagination and sees wild animals wherever she goes. Nalah goes to the zoo one day and a pink tiger follows her home! The tiger is naughty and fights with the other animals Nalah already has living around her house, but eventually they find a cozy place for him and everyone is happy.

My four year old thought this was a funny story and it was short enough that he was enthralled the entire time I was reading it, so that's always a
My Book Addiction and More MBA
NALAH AND THE PINK TIGER by Anne Sawyer-Aitch is a cute,whimsical children's picture book. Nalah has a very delightful and vivid imagination,which makes some call her a "troublemaker",especially when a "pink" tiger follows her home from the Zoo. You see Nalah loves animals. What a wonderful way to encourage children's imaginations. A perfect book for 3-4 year olds,with beautiful illustrations. Well written,even us older children can not help but enjoy Nalah's antics and her imagination. I would ...more
Sara
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
My 7 year old daughter and 10 year old son both read this one repeatedly. The story is funny and lively and transgressive, and the densely gorgeous illustrations reward a lot of close attention. They're made by a process similar to the one the author uses to make shadow puppets, cutting out fine detailed patterns in the top layer that compliment and enhance the central figures, layering that over a different colored base, backlighting, and photographing the result to create the final product. A ...more
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was a delightful book with captivating illustrations. It was a cute story about a girl named Nalah who has animal friends all over her house who sometimes create chaos that is attributed to Nalah. One day a new friend follows her home and finds his place amongst her other animal friends. It was an enjoyable read, and the illustrations are fantastic. I'm excited to share this book with the special children in my life.

While reading, I was curious how Sawyer-Aitch created the illustrations.
Sunshine
Nalah and the Pink Tiger by Anne Sawyer-Aitch is a fun and engaging book with amazing illustrations. The story is about a young girl who loves to imagine wild animals living in her home.

I read this book with my son, age 6, and my daughter, age 9. They enjoy the story and especially love the bright illustrations. Their absolutely loved the pig!

I would recommend this book to anyone with young children who love animal stories and for the parents who love a book promoting a child to use their
Alison
This is a wonderful story of an imaginative young girl. We were given the book as a gift and my two kids (ages 7 and 9) loved it! The illustrations are amazing and the story is fun and engaging.
We then got the iPad app and love that too! It is great fun listening to both the English and Spanish versions of the book.
If you and your kids enjoy fun characters, vivid pictures, and unique stories you will truly love this book. I know we do!
Susan
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Anne pens "Nalah and the Pink Tiger" a fun, interactive book with fantastic colorful illustrations. Nalah interacts with her stuffed animals as though they were real and her family gets a bit frustrated with her. A really cute story that teaches about the different animals and will win over the heart of any child. Highly recommended for younger children ages 3-6, parents and grandparents.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Rachel
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book passed the all important "Will my nieces like it" test. The pages are full of colors and shapes and they are done quite cleverly. The story is simple but fun and it grabbed their attention right away. They enjoyed the animals especially. A great children's book that can be read over and over without the adult getting tired of reading it. Worth a buy.
*I won this book in a GoodReads.com First Reads giveaway*
Eric Bestrom
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully illustrated book with a fun, engaging story! For those so inclined, you could make a deep Jungian analysis about a young girl learning to balance different parts of her strong, creative personality. For other people, like my 4-year-old daughter, it's a just a really fun story with vivid characters.
Zoe Lee
Feb 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
My son loves this book. His favorite is to be the voice of all the imaginary animals in Nalah's life. I love the illuminated illustrations--they're beautiful and one of a kind. It's the kind of artwork that you don't often get to see in kid's books. Hoping that there will be a sequel!
Linda
Dec 02, 2012 added it
Amazing colorful illustrations made by a process the author calls Illuminated illustration give vibrant life to this story of a young girl with a vivid imagination.
Nora Evans
Doreen Magee
Mar 02, 2013
Lisa
May 27, 2013
Anne Sawyer-Aitch (pronounced like the letter “H”) is a puppeteer and stilt-walker. She has worked for years with Minneapolis-based groups In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre and the all-women’s stilting troupe Chicks on Sticks. Anne likes to create all kinds of puppets: parade floats, giant stilt puppets, and intricate color shadow shows. Nalah and the Pink Tiger is her first ...more