Start by marking “The Time Cure: Overcoming PTSD with the New Psychology of Time Perspective Therapy” as Want to Read:

In his landmark book, The Time Paradox, internationally known psychologist Philip Zimbardo showed that we can transform the way we think about our past, present, and future to attain greater success in work and in life. Now, in The Time Cure, Zimbardo has teamed with clinicians Richard and Rosemary Sword to reveal a groundbreaking approach that helps those living with post ...more
Published October 23rd 2012 by Jossey-Bass (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Time Cure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Time Cure

Start your review of The Time Cure: Overcoming PTSD with the New Psychology of Time Perspective Therapy
Lukasz
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To bardzo ważna książka. Główny jej temat to metoda terapii urazów psychicznych głownie PTSD (syndrom stresu pourazowego) oparta na nauczeniu pacjenta pozytywnego postrzeganiu czasu: pozytywnej przeszłości, hedonistycznej teraźniejszości I pozytywnej przyszłości.
Jeśli w jednym zdaniu miałbym podsumować tą książkę to właśnie tak bym ją podsumował.
Współautorem jest znany Philipp Zimbardo, ale oprócz niego autorami jest również małżeństwo psychoterapeutów z Hawajów którzy opracowali nowatorską, bar
JY Tan
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Very promising modality of psychotherapy but could have been less repetitive with the client success examples. Writing tone could have been more lively considering this is not a textbook. There also could have been more well organized examples on how to use TPT rather than 'veteran groups' or simply 'finding past positives' and 'finding present hedonistic activities'. Maybe more specific things like powerful probing questions will make this better.
Samantha
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was 45% helpful and the rest not so much. I felt that i was reading a study/documentary of what these people had gone through and how this TPT had worked for each one... a lot of the same information for different people... it did help me understand part of my PTSD and know that this is an option for treatment... i think it would of been better if they focused more on a few studies and all the steps that this helped improve someones life rather than mass a bunch in and juat repeat them ...more
Michael
May 24, 2015 rated it liked it
The approach is more interesting than the book itself which, as others have mentioned, is primarily a series of case illustrations (redundant). A useful, more positive refraining of PTSD is offered but the claims of the approach's utility are overstated based on the empirical evidence the book relays.
Doranne Long
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Paradigm shifting!! We all have a past, present, and a future. We can have positive or negative feelings about the past, present or future. Our goal is to be balanced, to actively pursue a "pleasant present" and to take small steps to ensure a future that we feel good about. We can do it! We will feel better and we will have improved relationship with those around us.
Molly Octopus
Apr 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Useless. Half of the book consists of case studies which offer no help. More irritating than helpful.
Jim Parker
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-growth
A life-changer. The Time Cure represents a breakthrough in the understanding of factors contributing to PTSD, one that offers real leverage to those seeking to break free from its grip.
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This author was one of my favorite professors at Stanford. Zimbardo's still changing the face of psychology.
Jacquie Underdown
I guess it was silly of me to expect a step by step rundown of the actual therapy.
Andy Sim
Jan 27, 2020
Jane
Apr 22, 2017
monoiena
Jul 05, 2018
Zdbl
rated it did not like it
May 05, 2016
Jan 13, 2016
Jay
May 02, 2015
Dec 09, 2015
Dr. Philip George Zimbardo is an American psychologist and a professor emeritus at Stanford University. He is president of the Heroic Imagination Project. He is known for his Stanford prison study, and authorship of various introductory psychology books and textbooks for college students, including The Lucifer Effect and The Time Paradox.