Start by marking “Eat Your Peas, Louise! (Rookie Reader Rhyme)” as Want to Read:
Eat Your Peas, Louise! (Rookie Reader Rhyme)

Eat Your Peas, Louise! (Rookie Reader Rhyme)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
All Rookie Readers actively engage young readers, encouraging language development, building fluency, and promoting independent reading. By targeting a skill, like learning about rhymes, young readers are building fundamental reading skills with the help of fun, lively, colorfully illustrated stories.
Paperback
Published January 1st 1997 by Children's Press(CT) (first published March 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Eat Your Peas, Louise!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eat Your Peas, Louise!

Becky
Jan 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I must say this book is nothing too special to the average reader, but for me, it opened up a whole new world in first grade. I was not a reader until I was made to read this book. My mother made me march back into my classroom since I had "forgotten" a book to read over the weekend. My teacher insisted that I take the book she had read to the class that day, in which was "Eat Your Peas Louise". So my many thanks to my mom, first-grade teacher (Mrs. B) and Pegeen Snow for making me a life-long r ...more
Kia M.
Apr 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manners
This is a great book for emerging readers. It is alo filled with many sight words that they also listed in the back of the book. This book had a very nice rhyme scheme and could also be geared towards a lesson on teaching your students to be polite and have manners.
Steph
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just say PLEASE! =)
Widad Hussein
Eat Your Peas, Louise has a lexile level of 150 which is for grade level of one. However, based on the content and pictures of the book, I would categorize it as early elementary for those who are around 3-4 years old. The main character is Louise and it is in 3rd point of view. The setting is in her home. The book is about a father trying to convince his daughter Louise to eat her peas. He gives her different ways to eat it such as adding cheese, tells her they can go fishing if she eats it, an ...more
Alice Martin
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It is very entertaining for children, involving a very strong lead character and imaginative scenarios. The story is about a little girl that is being told she must ‘eat her peas’ by her mum, a very relatable and real scenario for many children. Immediately children are excited by the story. The mother makes all kinds of promises to her daughter, if she would only eat her peas! As the story goes on, the pages are filled with vibrant images of 50 ice creams, 29 bikes, and hundre ...more
Jasmin Garcia
"Eat Your Peas, Louise" is a story about a brother trying to pursue his sister to eat her peas. Through all his struggle he finally gets his sister to eat her peas by the end of the book. I liked this story because I think I'd would be a great book to help introduce children to rhyming and reading fluency. It would have to be used for beginning readers of course because of its easy read text. It also comes with a word list at the end and is great for teaching nutrition.
Jack
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: k-g-4
Well I like fresh peas and I like this book. Mmm, I think that peas must be a big challenge like landing a person on the moon. Peas are far better then Brussel sprouts! A Rookie Reader book that encourages young readers with a very important mission of peas, please, Louise!
Age Range: 4 and up
Grade Level: Preschool and up
Series: Rookie Ready to Learn
Lauren
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read this book since I was in kindergarten (I'm a freshman in college now), but all these years later I still remember this book. It was the first book I read and took an Accelerated Readers test on. Oh the memories.
Chelsea
Jan 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is great, I had an autistic child read it to me and he found the rhyming to be hilarious and it kept him intersted.
Lindsay
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids learning to read
I think this is the dumbest book, but kids just LOVE it! My stepkids and then my own kids just think it is hilarious and fun to read.
Nik
May 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
My favorite part was when Louise didn't eat her peas.
Annabelle
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brittany
Good book to learn sight words.
Karen
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
For a book that is written for beginning readers, this is a pretty cute little story. It's a rhyming book, which is probably obvious from the title, but can you guess the magic word? ;)
Cws
May 29, 2009 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEARK-Sno
Miss Sarah
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manners
Louis's dad can't get her to eat her peas. Is there anything he can say to convince her? An easy reader with very few words. Any age group.
Ingrid
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Childlike and imaginative, snow captures the soul and animosity of a stubborn kid with culinary etiquette....or does she?
Cheryl
Jul 10, 2011
Jacqueline
Feb 26, 2010
Michael Azinger
rated it did not like it
May 22, 2013