Start by marking “Eternal Youth” as Want to Read:
Eternal Youth

Eternal Youth

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  131 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
The six years following the abrupt death of her father were the worst of Calista Bishoff's life. Frightened by her own mortality, Callie’s mom threw herself into a search for the Fountain of Youth—and dragged Callie along with her.

Callie should have loved traveling, but instead she hated every minute. When one more failed search sends her mother into depression, they final
Published April 26th 2012 by Valknut Press (first published April 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Eternal Youth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternal Youth

Heather Adkins
Oct 19, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my book, but Goodreads doesn't have the capability to manage different author profiles yet :O Find me under Heather Marie Adkins :)
Haley ~ YA-Aholic
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 (:

As a YA book blogger I meet a lot of awesome authors, and one of my favorites hands down is Julia Crane the author of the Keegan’s Chronicles. So when I was contacted to be a part of a blog tour for Eternal Youth a book which Julia Crane and author Nolia McCarty wrote together, I was all for it! Although Eternal Youth was very different compared to Julia’s other works, it was still a very enjoyable read!

Eternal Youth follows Callie, Callie is sick of having to follow her mom up volcano’s
Emmanuelle
I started this book without too much expectation. I loved the author's Freak of Nature book and Between Worlds series, but could never really get into the Keegan's Chronicles series. I got through the first third of the book and felt it was moving VERY slowly; the most interesting parts were the journal entries with Callie's past memories. I was about to call it quits on the book, but then we got into the more interesting part of the story where Callie and her family arrive on Aionia. I had lost ...more
Katie
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't know what to give this book. I enjoyed it. I don't know that I've read anything like it before, there are SOME similarities to other books but the overall plot seems different. There were a few typos - saying the wrong name of a person in a place or whatever, but it made me stumble through the reading a couple of times.

Honestly, the beginning and then the ending seem like two different books. The beginning is kind of a sweet teen book with a girl who has to travel with her crazy mom loo
Alan Nayes
May 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Callie Bishoff's life has been one long trip after another--for six years she's accompanied her mother in search of the legendary Fountain of Youth. Now if that premise isn't enough to grab a reader's attention, keep turning the pages because there is a lot more. At the very beginning I wondered some where the story was leading, but then Callie climbed on that plane. Without playing a spoiler, trust me from that point on you will not be able to put the book down. Filled with likeable characters- ...more
Yvonne (The Shadow Realm)
2.5/5

This started off good. It was really interesting and could have easily just passed as a fictional story about a girl who travels the world with her mother. But then once when they got to Aionia I felt like the story changed. Everything felt rushed and there were people falling in love left right and centre. They were only there about a week and already Callie is dating someone and this guy is declaring his love for her and saying they can get married and spend the rest of their lives togeth
Chanelle Solomons
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book is not that great. I don't really understand why most goodreaders like this book!

The protagonist is very.... emotionally unstable, to say the least, and obviously can't control it very well. Although I do think the characters emotions are well-keeping of a person in the same state; her father died and her mother, due to her husbands death, travels the world in search of the fountain of youth, there still seems some part in the book that is missing.

But if you are up for an emotionally
Irene ~ Ice Cold Passion
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, epic-fantasy
This book started of with traveling around the world, which is something I love to do myself. Then there are some unexpected turns in the book (as in crashing a plane in another dimension, that came as a real suprise for me, didn't see it coming).
It is an awesome book, I loved it and I needed to finish it, so four stars doesn't really cut it, five stars it is going to be! The characters are well designed, as they deal with love, grieve and feeling lost. I loved everything about this book, it mak
Books_mystify
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
I want to thank the authors and I Am A Reader, Not A Writer for an e-copy of this book...

Cover: It's okay...

Story:

I was so bored from the start... And I really don't know why... =(

Rating:

I rated it two stars because I do appreciate the work of the authors and I quite like their idea in the story... This is the first time I read a YA novel that is set in the Bermuda Triangle (or at least from there)...
Marjorie
It took me a while to get into this book, but it finally get really interesting about halfway through the tale. I liked the idea of this book, but I feel like there were too many missed opportunities for some amazing dialogue that just fell flat. I also didn't like the main character until 2/3 of the way through the book. I found her annoying and whiny until she actually decided to do something with her life. The ending was ok. I liked it but it could have been better.
Vanessa
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Callie is a young girl that is tired of following her mother around, helping her search for unrealistic things. As Callie, her mom, and her grandmother soon find themselves in an airplane crash. The end up in a world that no one knows exists. Callie meets Alaric and finds true love, but she struggles with the idea of staying in a place trapped in its own world.
Genevieve
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
The book would have been much better without the swearing. The story was interesting but I felt like it was rushed in important places. The ending left much to be desired. The island has been there for years and years yet this silly little teenager is able to find a way out almost immediately?
Taylor Wentzel
Jun 11, 2013 rated it liked it
The writing wasn't the greatest, but for a free book on IBooks, it was a decent story
Susie
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Lovely YA novel. Perfect for younger teens.
Rick Frazier
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An original take on locating the fountain of youth and an easy read. You don't realize you've sped through an 80k+ book!
Autumn
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting story. I really enjoyed it.
Anaee
Jul 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eternal Youth was nice to read, quite interesting story. I think it was a bit rushed at the end but it was still good.
Patty
Jun 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absoulutely love the cover and it sounds awesome!!!!
Lexie
Alycia Moen
Nov 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Crazy for Crane: Eternal Youth 1 2 Jan 23, 2013 07:06PM
  • The Bloodstone Saga: The Complete Collection (The Bloodstone Saga, #1-4)
  • Home is Where the Heart Break Is (Summer Romance Collection, #3)
  • Falling (Hemlock Bay, #1)
  • Supernova (The Supernova Saga, #1)
  • Retribution (Redemption, #3)
  • The Pack: Retribution (The Pack #2)
  • Haunted Moon (Moon Coven, #0.5)
  • xoxoxo (Stories About Melissa, #2)
  • Whether I'll Live or Die
  • The Fall
  • Birthday Girl
  • Atone (Patronus, #2.5)
  • The Temple
  • Haunted II
  • Blood Jewel (Vampire Agápe, #2)
  • Erich's Plea (The Witchcraft Wars, #1)
  • Veiled Innocence (The Soul Cycle, #1)
  • Poppy & Poppy:Awake
Julia crane is the author of the Keegan’s Chronicles, IFICS. She has a bachelors degree in criminal justice. Julia has believed in magical creatures since the day her grandmother first told her an Irish tale. Growing up her mother greatly encouraged reading and using your imagination.

More about Julia Crane...

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Lethal Velocity : A Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1)