Start by marking “Berserk, Vol. 19” as Want to Read:
Berserk, Vol. 19

Berserk, Vol. 19

(Berserk #19)

The bewildered and near-mad Casca, former captain of the Band of the Hawk -- and former lover of Guts, the Black Swordsman -- has been adopted by Midland's pagan cults as a witch, due to her demonic Mark of Sacrifice. But the Holy Iron Chain Knights campaign to rid the kingdom of heretics by any means necessary puts Casca in mortal danger, and Guts is having none of it, Bu ...more
Published October 9th 2007 by Dark Horse Manga (first published April 5th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Berserk, Vol. 19, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Berserk, Vol. 19

Maria
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Casca & Guts reunion! A brief one at that. I mean, C’MON. Can’t the fate give them a break for once? 😩 They haven’t seen each other in two years yet when they meet again he gotta save her from being raped. *sigh* Some things never change. 😪 Serpico is getting more and more interesting 👀 I bet he’s about to play a big part in the future events. I LOVE MY BOY ISIDRO. Him and Puck provide a much needed comic relief and I’m VERY thankful for that.
Anyways, something HUGE is coming and I am not r
توفيق عبد الرحيم
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
More addictive then the last two volumes
Problem is i am working these days not much time for reading anymore and such is the way of life
anyway
Next volume will be absolute fireworks its so promising
It looks like the inquisitor is really a human and it looks like from the final page that he is going to be turned into one of the demons
Casca is so out of it even though she proved she is still athletic with that stunt she made when she dropped her self from the ropes and jumped from rock to rock to
C. Varn
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Miura seems to have something very large set up for Casca and Gatts raids the Vatican strong hold and it becomes clear both the pagans and the faith had demonic influences and apostle involvement. Putting Casca in constant peril seems like an unfortunate trope but the further development and introduction of side-characters is welcome.
Karissa
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the 19th volume in the Berserk series. Guts finally catches up with Casca briefly in this volume only to lose her again. Casca has been taken to the Tower of Conviction to be worshiped as a black witch. However, when Guts and Isidro help her escape she is taken prison again, this time by the Inquisitor. When the Inquisitor starts to torture her all hell, literally, breaks loose!.

This manga continues to be filled with amazing detail and artwork, especially in this volume. I was very impre
Fugo Feedback
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos
Recommended to Fugo by: Lo mismo
Sabía que el tomo de la orgía iba a ser difícilmente superable y no me equivoqué, ya que este me gustó menos que aquel. Pero no por falta de escenas interesantes (la pelea entre Sérpico y Gatsu, la masacre en la sala de torturas, el valiente de Isidoro), sino porque simplemente me shockeó menos y me molestó un poco el desencuentro casi culebronesco entre Gatsu y Kiasca.
Igual, no sé por qué me hago tanto el quisquilloso si Berserk sigue siendo un manga de larreputísimamadre.
Savina Tsataros
Kassilem
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More torture, beware! Guts has made it to the city but Casca is one step ahead of him already. And then he finds her only to lose her again. This does nothing for his temper. I’m glad they are both in the same volume again though. And Guts gets so close. It makes you want to growl when she’s taken away. The arc has definitely picked up. And from some hints by the Skull Swordman, there is more to this arc than first meets the eye. I love the complexity. There is always something more than what yo ...more
Fiorella  González
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jamás pensé que el drama se agrandaría tanto. Pensaba que este tomo me aburriría porque se trata de la búsqueda de Caska y que Caska sería inútil o algo por el estilo lol, pero resultó ser muy útil y fue esencial para que la historia tomara un rumbo de 360 grados. Me sorprende cada vez más Kentaro por la originalidad de sus dibujos y forma de contar historias, se volvió unos de mis mangakas favoritos, ojalá termine Berserk antes de morir :(
Timothy Pitkin
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, horror, manga, mystery
Nice development of the Religious characters also I am really starting to like Serpico for he is so far one of the few characters who can give Guts some trouble but not because of his strength but solely because of his skill and intelligence as his plan was really well thought out. Still like the demon designs but still wished their was not a huge reliance on sex and sexual imagery.
Kyle
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's mainly another transitional volume as we move towards whatever showdown will be taking place at the tower. I'm not crazy about the comic relief provided by Isidro and Puck, but I suppose it does help in some regards. Serpico continues to build a slow burn interest, setting the stage for what should an epic upcoming volume.
Milie_Baker
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
La situation va de pire en pire !

Guts se retrouve face à la femme qui le traquait il y a quelques années et Casca, qui a vraiment perdu toute sa tête, fonce droit dans un désastre. Je ne sais pas comment Guts va réussir à s'en sortir, les hommes de fois sont dangereux, cruels et ils ne reculent devant rien pour faire souffrir tout ceux qui s'opposent à eux.
Peter Barr
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Berserk, Vol. 19 follows Guts, the Black Swordsman on his quest to save Casca. In this episode he issuing through an area controlled by a mad religious who is persecuting heretics with the help of an army. With the monsters that abound in the area, Guts' task is formidable.
Malkhaz Shonia
On this volume I'm going to finish Berserk. Usually I always finish books/stories that I started, but in this case I'm gonna drop it.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume.
Philip Mastandrea
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Story moved forward. Guts almost finds Casca, for whom I am very worried. Some side characters are starting to hang around, so naturally, I'm starting to worry about them.
Nate
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
things don't go so well for the vatican here
Higor Hebert
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eu realmente ri alto em certas partes.
"talvez eu consiga a minha primeira transa"
Adad Joseph
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great fight scene in this chapter
Federico Elías
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leído-en-2018
Puck e Isidro se han vuelto personajes necesarios, ya que sin ellos el manga sería demasiado pesado de leer, ya con el dibujo solamente se hace difícil de digerir, más aún cuando estamos ante uno de sus arcos argumentales más oscuros y nos acercamos a su punto culminante. Toda la energía negativa que se lleva acumulando y concentrando, dentro de la propia historia, se siente en casi todas las páginas.
Por eso los momentos con Isidro y Puck dejan que uno descanse, hasta sus dibujos se sienten más
Deshawn Vasquez
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The Conviction Arc is a hard sell after the end of Golden Age and the Lost Children prelude to it. Just feels meandering.
Terrence
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pretty solid entry in the series. Picking up where the last section of the story left off, we have basically 3 groups: Casca and her female "friends", Guts + Puck + Little Rock Throwing Thief, and the Holy Knights.

Lots of action this chapter, and boldly drawn demonic scenes if you like those.

There's some moments that you'll just want to scream at the characters though, particularly crazy goldilocks. Overall though, solid entry.
Matimate
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, manga
The good old manga was picked up for the season. The blood is flowing, the carnage was almost on every second page as Guts, the black swordsman, made his way trough the country. He saved little Elf named Puck, who became his unwanted but devoted companion and one would say he was making Guts remembering that there is something more then gutting random people, monsters and accidentally some little girls.
Negative Spirit
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, seinen
Carolina
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangá
Outro volume pesado, mas com um toque de vingança: afinal, será que é agora que aquele Mozgus finalmente vai ter o seu fim? E da "melhor forma possível"? E ainda: o que aconteceu com a Caska? É só preocupação e tensão do início ao fim.
Anirudh
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am confused about Caska's powers. It's yet to be revealed what's really happening.
Patrice
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
^_^
Tanabrus
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: berserk, manga
Finalmente Gatsu arriva da Casca, anche se per ora il salvataggio appare molto, molto complicato...
Kelsey
Jul 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Not a 'real' book.
lil
Jan 01, 2013
Laura Arvidson
Jun 10, 2017
  • Gantz/12
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 14 (Battle Royale, #14)
  • エルフェンリート 9 (Elfen Lied, #9)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 10 (Deadman Wonderland, #10)
  • Innocent 01
Kentarou Miura (三浦 建太郎) was born in Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan, in 1966. He is left-handed. In 1976, at the early age of 10, Miura made his first Manga, entitled "Miuranger", that was published for his classmates in a school publication; the manga ended up spanning 40 volumes. In 1977, Miura created his second manga called Ken e no michi (剣への道 The Way to the Sword), using Indian ink for t ...more

Berserk (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Berserk, Vol. 1