Start by marking “Berserk, Vol. 19” as Want to Read:
Berserk, Vol. 19

Berserk, Vol. 19

(ベルセルク / Berserk #19)

The bewildered and near-mad Casca, former captain of the Band of the Hawk -- and former lover of Guts, the Black Swordsman -- has been adopted by Midland's pagan cults as a witch, due to her demonic Mark of Sacrifice. But the Holy Iron Chain Knights campaign to rid the kingdom of heretics by any means necessary puts Casca in mortal danger, and Guts is having none of it, Bu ...more
Published October 9th 2007 by Dark Horse Manga (first published April 5th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Berserk, Vol. 19, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Berserk, Vol. 19

Boredom by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriBleach, Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
510 books — 494 voters
Prince of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceThe Blade Itself by Joe AbercrombieA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinKing of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceLast Argument of Kings by Joe Abercrombie
The Grimdarks
431 books — 1,047 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Berserk, Vol. 19
Maria
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Casca & Guts reunion! A brief one at that. I mean, C’MON. Can’t the fate give them a break for once? 😩 They haven’t seen each other in two years yet when they meet again he gotta save her from being raped. *sigh* Some things never change. 😪 Serpico is getting more and more interesting 👀 I bet he’s about to play a big part in the future events. I LOVE MY BOY ISIDRO. Him and Puck provide a much needed comic relief and I’m VERY thankful for that.
Anyways, something HUGE is coming and I am not ready
Grace
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
imagine anticipating a reunion only for it to last a second fml
توفيق عبد الرحيم
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
More addictive then the last two volumes
Problem is i am working these days not much time for reading anymore and such is the way of life
anyway
Next volume will be absolute fireworks its so promising
It looks like the inquisitor is really a human and it looks like from the final page that he is going to be turned into one of the demons
Casca is so out of it even though she proved she is still athletic with that stunt she made when she dropped her self from the ropes and jumped from rock to rock to
C. Varn
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Miura seems to have something very large set up for Casca and Gatts raids the Vatican strong hold and it becomes clear both the pagans and the faith had demonic influences and apostle involvement. Putting Casca in constant peril seems like an unfortunate trope but the further development and introduction of side-characters is welcome.
Karissa
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the 19th volume in the Berserk series. Guts finally catches up with Casca briefly in this volume only to lose her again. Casca has been taken to the Tower of Conviction to be worshiped as a black witch. However, when Guts and Isidro help her escape she is taken prison again, this time by the Inquisitor. When the Inquisitor starts to torture her all hell, literally, breaks loose!.

This manga continues to be filled with amazing detail and artwork, especially in this volume. I was very impre
🌈💜SAVINA🦋✨
Jesse
This is my review of Berserk's Conviction arc, contained in volumes 15 through 21 of the manga.

I didn't like this arc as much, but that doesn't mean its without merit. Conviction comes after the Eclipse and chronologically after the introductory Black Swordsman arc. The arc starts with Guts trying to survive the demons that prevent him from sleeping, and the trail of misfortune that follows him as he wanders aimlessly from place to place. This seemed like a logical place to continue the story, a
Adriana Colli Tec
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Addictive volume for sure
Kassilem
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More torture, beware! Guts has made it to the city but Casca is one step ahead of him already. And then he finds her only to lose her again. This does nothing for his temper. I’m glad they are both in the same volume again though. And Guts gets so close. It makes you want to growl when she’s taken away. The arc has definitely picked up. And from some hints by the Skull Swordman, there is more to this arc than first meets the eye. I love the complexity. There is always something more than what yo ...more
Aleksandra
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I love it, I love this manga and this volume in particular.
I am infinitely fond of Guts, I am as always happy to see Casca, Luca is a new fave, Ishidoro is such a good kid, I love Guts and Ishidor's dynamics. Farenze is so fascinating, I want to hate her and I do hate her actions but damn if she is not a complex captivating character.

The art is magnificent, I love the action scenes and horror scenes and quiet and personal panels of Guts.

Oh and those eyes on the full black colored panel, I am int
Mati
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2013
The good old manga was picked up for the season. The blood is flowing, the carnage was almost on every second page as Guts, the black swordsman, made his way trough the country. He saved little Elf named Puck, who became his unwanted but devoted companion and one would say he was making Guts remembering that there is something more then gutting random people, monsters and accidentally some little girls.
Negative Spirit
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, seinen
Terrence
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pretty solid entry in the series. Picking up where the last section of the story left off, we have basically 3 groups: Casca and her female "friends", Guts + Puck + Little Rock Throwing Thief, and the Holy Knights.

Lots of action this chapter, and boldly drawn demonic scenes if you like those.

There's some moments that you'll just want to scream at the characters though, particularly crazy goldilocks. Overall though, solid entry.
Kyle Berk
Berserk is steamrolling ahead at great pace.

I love the series and he quality doesn’t go down in this volume. If for some reason you’re on the fence about continuing you shouldn’t be it’s worth reading on.

Guts is in pursuit of Casca. And the religious mercenary band are after Guts and a certain cult. Won’t go into anymore because it’s a great read.

The art is amazing as always and the quality is kept throughout.

5 stars.
Timothy Pitkin
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, fantasy, mystery, horror
Nice development of the Religious characters also I am really starting to like Serpico for he is so far one of the few characters who can give Guts some trouble but not because of his strength but solely because of his skill and intelligence as his plan was really well thought out. Still like the demon designs but still wished their was not a huge reliance on sex and sexual imagery.
Kyle
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's mainly another transitional volume as we move towards whatever showdown will be taking place at the tower. I'm not crazy about the comic relief provided by Isidro and Puck, but I suppose it does help in some regards. Serpico continues to build a slow burn interest, setting the stage for what should an epic upcoming volume.
Peter Barr
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Berserk, Vol. 19 follows Guts, the Black Swordsman on his quest to save Casca. In this episode he issuing through an area controlled by a mad religious who is persecuting heretics with the help of an army. With the monsters that abound in the area, Guts' task is formidable.
Anirudh
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am confused about Caska's powers. It's yet to be revealed what's really happening.
Deshawn Vasquez
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The Conviction Arc is a hard sell after the end of Golden Age and the Lost Children prelude to it. Just feels meandering.
Adad Joseph
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great fight scene in this chapter
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume.
Nate
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
things don't go so well for the vatican here
Malkhaz Shonia
On this volume I'm going to finish Berserk. Usually I always finish books/stories that I started, but in this case I'm gonna drop it.
Philip Mastandrea
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: berserk
Story moved forward. Guts almost finds Casca, for whom I am very worried. Some side characters are starting to hang around, so naturally, I'm starting to worry about them.
Kelly K
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2019
This is getting annoyingly repetitive.
Return of dick tongue, now with snake feature?
Jim
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read in Japanese.
A hard hitting dark fantasy with incredible art and a relentlessly grim setting.
Jesse Slater
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
It keeps being a page turner!
Michael Sorbello
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of insane action. Guts vs the Goat Apostle and Serpico, the Holy Iron Chain Knights vs a horde of cannibalistic cultists, the tower being infested with evil spirits and devouring everyone in sight. This volume is pure carnage.
M. Ashraf
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: berserk
A better volume than the last two.
Big action with the new sword, lots of headless horses :p
Gutts and Casca <3
More Gore and Goat face daemon 3:)
Great artwork!
Waiting the big showdown or the revelation of this arc...
Achillia Herondale
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This volume was a page-turner, that hasn't happened since the end of the Golden Age arc! Next we will probably have the reunion. The art is getting better and better...

• Vagabond, Volume 6
  • Vagabond, Tomo 7
  • Vagabond, Tomo 8
  • Vagabond, Tomo 3
  • Vagabond, Volume 10
  • Vagabond 12 (Vagabond, #12)
  • Vagabond (Buku 14)
  • Vagabond, Volume 13
  • Dorohedoro, Vol. 2
  • Vagabond, Volume 2
  • Vinland Saga Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Gantz/2
  • Claymore, Vol. 9: The Deep Abyss of Purgatory (Claymore, #9)
  • Dorohedoro, Tome 4
Kentarou Miura (三浦 建太郎) was born in Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan, in 1966. He is left-handed. In 1976, at the early age of 10, Miura made his first Manga, entitled "Miuranger", that was published for his classmates in a school publication; the manga ended up spanning 40 volumes. In 1977, Miura created his second manga called Ken e no michi (剣への道 The Way to the Sword), using Indian ink for t ...more

ベルセルク / Berserk (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • Berserk, Vol. 1