Start by marking “Commentaries and Cases on the Law of Business Organization” as Want to Read:
Commentaries and Cases on the Law of Business Organization

Commentaries and Cases on the Law of Business Organization

(Aspen Casebook Series)

2.79  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Updated throughout, the Third Edition of Commentaries and Cases on the Law of Business Organization continues to provide a refreshingly accessible economic analysis perspective. The distinguished team of authors introduces and explains economic concepts in a way that makes this sophisticated book clear and engaging for students.

This highly accessible casebook features: Ext
Hardcover, Fourth Edition, 744 pages
Published August 10th 2012 by Aspen Publishers (first published April 2003)

Be the first to ask a question about Commentaries and Cases on the Law of Business Organization

Kienie
I'll be mostly honest: I skimmed the last 100-ish pages. The book is very dense, but our professor made it accessible. I wouldn't recommend this as a stand-alone textbook. Having said that, for all I know the other Corp. textbooks are even denser and less approachable.
Alexandra
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Arguably the most enjoyable casebook of my law school career thus far. I might be biased because Professor Jackson was a highly engaging lecturer, but the book itself does a pretty solid job of explaining the law in a digestible way.

Bonus points for being relatively slim compared to my Federal Courts monstrosity.
Irina Kebreau
Odd that this book receives such poor reviews. It does at times presumes some prior knowledge if not the lingo, but is otherwise a pretty good and, most importantly, compact guide into the issue of business associations.
Chrys
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I think it was well organized and had interesting readings and selection of cases, but some of the explanations were a bit confusing and hard to follow. You will need the statutory supplement because it keeps referring back to it and doesn't have the provisions in the textbook.
Lauraleigh
Sep 15, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, law school.
Brendan Horan
Probably the best book I've ever read on the law of business organizations. Not exactly a page turner, but very illuminating. The section on DGCL § 102(b)(7) could probably use a bit more clarity.
Jessica
Yale Law, 2L Fall, Business Organizations with Professor Richard Squire.
Reagan Haas