Start by marking “Death Trilogy: Mort / Reaper Man / Soul Music (Discworld #4, 11, 16)” as Want to Read:
Death Trilogy: Mort / Reaper Man / Soul Music (Discworld #4, 11, 16)

Death Trilogy: Mort / Reaper Man / Soul Music (Discworld - DEATH Series #01-03)

4.62  ·  Rating details ·  994 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Death Trilogy collects three of Terry Pratchett's most beloved Discworld novels--all involving that especially lively character Death. Mort, the first volume, concerns the education of a brash young apprentice: "Death comes to us all. When he came to Mort he offered him a job." Unfortunately Mort lacks the detachment required for the job and starts interfering in the proce ...more
Published 1998 by Victor Gollancz

To ask other readers questions about Death Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Trilogy

L
Apr 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
We begin with Mort--poor, hopeless, clumsy, head-in-the-clouds Mort, whose own father fears he has no prospects whatsoever--whom Death takes as an apprentice. Barely into the book, I was reminded of why one cannot read Terry Pratchett on public transportation. Well, if one doesn't mind being thought whacked out, having other riders move away, etc., I suppose it would be ok. Pratchett is just so much fun! Also, I hadn't read Mort before. It was a delightful, magical tale. I'm going to take a brea ...more
Bethany
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Terry Pratchett, Is one of my all time best Authors he created a new world in witch I feel I find a home.

His work with the Discworld take me no time at all to read and enjoy from the beginning to the end of each book.

This Trilogy see death take a young woman and giver her a home then comes the male, there is a great deal of funny moments in these books if you take the ride it will take you from daughter to granddaughter we all know that ends with the Hogfather one of the best twists ever writt
Arlene Ang
Dec 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The audiobooks of all three novels are hilariously performed by Nigel Planer in various accents. I admit I listened to the audiobooks first (more than three times) before reading the books (repeatedly) — with no signs of diminishing amusement and chortling on my part. If you're addicted to Terry Pratchett's Death or the Grim Squeaker, this is the perfect thrillogy to get high on. Chances are if you die from laughing over the Death Trilogy, they'll probably bury or cremate you with it.
Brian
Jan 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Pratchett--puns and parody aplenty! Lots of silliness, but a some substance, too. The use of Death as a means of questioning/understanding life is quite effective--not that the author hits you over the head with it. These books are prime examples of the "fun read." Extra points to "Soul Music" for its jabs at numerous musician cliches--too many of which I have experienced firsthand.
Stephanie
Aug 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Whilst I love all of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books, DEATH is my favourite character. What can you say about someone who name's DEATH'S horse Binky? Or how about DEATH, taking WAR, WANT and FAMINE to a pub to get them drunk?
Pratchett's sense of humour is wonderful and I am just deeply sorry that his illness will one day prevent the creation of these wonderful stories.
Brit Steiner
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Liked Mort when I read it a while ago; enjoyed meeting the Death of Rats in Reaper Man.
Power-skimmed the last bit of Soul Music. Because I am thoroughly TIRED of the same running joke about "rock music" at least a hundred pages ago.
Allyson Shaw
Aug 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Reaper Man is my favourite Pratchett book so far. It manages to be funny and philosophical as well as moving. Living in England, this books makes much more sense than if I'd read it in Cali. (I didn't read the last, Soul Music-- will save that for later)
Anna
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
'Mort' was my first Terry Pratchett book. Hilarious and smart (subtle though-provoking). He makes fun of fantasy and this fantasy-buff loves it ^_^ Who would have though that Death is such a sweety-pie?
Stevek
Feb 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
The first and second books in this trilogy were excellent, but I'd tired by the time I got to the third book and stuggled to get through it.
Jenny Burridge
Leje
Dec 13, 2011
  • Terry Pratchett's Hogfather: The Illustrated Screenplay
  • Selections from Fragile Things, Volume One
  • L'homme noir (L'assassin royal, #12)
  • The Wyrdest Link: A Terry Pratchett Discworld Quizbook
  • Tainted Soul (Tainted, #2)
  • Myths and Legends of the Celts
  • Transgender Liberation: A Movement Whose Time Has Come
  • Homeland / The Bean Trees / Pigs in Heaven
  • Webster's New World Dictionary
  • Joy of Cooking: All About Pasta & Noodles
  • Japanese Ghosts and Demons: Art of the Supernatural
  • Men of Honor (Pirates of the Narrow Seas, #2)
  • L'épée de feu (Le trône de fer, #7)
  • Frank Stitt's Southern Table: Recipes and Gracious Traditions from Highlands Bar and Grill
  • St. Trinian's: The Entire Appalling Business
  • Starlight (Pact Arcanum, #4)
  • Proslogium/Monologium/Cur Deus Homo/In Behalf of the Fool
  • The Castle Omnibus

More about Terry Pratchett

Discworld - DEATH Series (5 books)
  • Mort (Death, #1; Discworld, #4)
  • Reaper Man (Discworld, #11; Death, #2)
  • Soul Music (Discworld, #16; Death, #3)
  • Hogfather (Discworld, #20; Death, #4)
  • Thief of Time (Discworld, #26; Death, #5)