Start by marking “Look at Me, Look at Me!” as Want to Read:
Look at Me, Look at Me!

Look at Me, Look at Me!

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  83 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The no holds barred autobiography of a man with the ego of Napoleon and the talent of Darren Day
Published October 1st 2005 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (first published October 18th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Look at Me, Look at Me!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Look at Me, Look at Me!

Steve
Mar 24, 2010 rated it did not like it
I like Dom Jolly, he makes me laugh. I bought this book on the back of an excerpt in a newspaper, which also made me laugh. When I read the book, that bit made me laugh again, but it was the only bit that did. The rest was torture. I only finished it out of bloody-mindedness. Stick to telly, Dom.
Lillian
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: humor
I don't think Dom Joly and I are on the same wavelength when it comes to written humor. I find him very funny on TV and YouTube, but somehow a lot of the crazy embellishments in this story ended up seeming rather depressing to me instead of hilarious. It works better in audiovisual format. I should mention nevertheless that it takes a TON of creativity to write a book like this! Kudos for that!
Jim
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a spoof biography, it is difficult to know what is real and what is fake, but it doesn’t really matter as it is a funny and entertaining read.

Dom Joly was born in war torn Beirut and spent his childhood collecting shrapnel as a hobby. He claims as Little Dom to have killed his Armenian nanny in a freak accident, on entering the bathroom, where she was taking a bath , the door knocked over an electric lamp splashing into her bath with a fizz and a bang, electrocuting the poor nanny. The g
Roger
Feb 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
A good friend gave me this very entertaining book, which is supposedly an autobiography of the life of British TV personality Dom Joly. I use the word "supposedly" because it's almost impossible to know what's real and what's being made up. It's wild and surreal and hilarious.
Anne Scott
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly good. Some real laugh out loud moments!
Alex Walker
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Different from Dom's other books. This is a semi-fictional autobiography with a talking dog. Amusing and enjoyable, I had a few chuckles listening to the book going back and forward to work.
Chris
Jan 19, 2017
Angus Smithson
Mar 10, 2015
Emily
rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2012