Start by marking “Stay Tuned: Television's Unforgettable Moments” as Want to Read:
Stay Tuned: Television's Unforgettable Moments

Stay Tuned: Television's Unforgettable Moments

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews

For over 50 years, we have watched as television has entertained, informed, comforted, and thrilled us. We watched as sitcoms evolved from I Love Lucy to All in the Family: at first merely amusing, then becoming reflections of society and pushing the cultural boundaries. We watched President Kennedy, the first-born of television and politics, unite us in the optimism of hi
Published October 2nd 2002 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Stay Tuned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay Tuned

Jesse Ceja
Nov 18, 2015 rated it liked it
it is a great way to learn about old movies or t.v showk .I thought it was a great book. only if it had more now telivison show
Lillian Bittle
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
A very informational book about the history of TV. I learned things about TV's shows, networks and channels that I never even considered before. All in all, I did enjoy it... but I felt that it was just a little on the cheesy side.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
This was interesting. My biggest complaint with this book is with the accessories. It comes with 2 CDs and a DVD. Hosted by Dick Van Dyke, Walter Cronkite, and Bob Costas. I listened to each "chapter" on the CDs as I read each in the book. Obviously seeing them would have been nicer. Little did I realize that the CDs were nothing more than the audio track from the DVD. So by the time I got to the DVD... it was old news. It was hard to listen to all the commentary again even though I wanted to se ...more
Eric
Mar 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A great collection of stories and clips regarding the most remarkable moments in entertainment ("I Love Lucy," "MASH: Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen"), sports ('72 Munich Olympics, "Monday Night Football"), and news (Kennedy/Nixon Debate, Apollo 11, Fall of the Berlin Wall) from over 50 years of television. Book includes DVD and CDs featuring clips and interviews with stars, writers, and other "behind the scenes" talent.
Scott
May 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Growing up with television, a lot of these television events were familiar to me (even if they had occurred before my time). My version, though, did not come with the DVD -- I had picked it up in a bargain-bin for a dollar, so it seemed like a good deal at the time ... well, until I actually read the book and didn't get the full experience. A higher rating with DVD probably.
Peter Wolfley
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Television has dominated so much of modern American culture. This book does a good job of documenting and discussing some of the biggest moments caught on the tube. I especially enjoyed the part about the Nixon/Kennedy debate.

I feel like television will end up taking a back seat to the internet if it hasn't already.
Amber
Jan 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and the icing on the cake is that it also comes with a DVD of clips or the events. Many of them were before I was born so it was kind of cool to see them. Examples: the moon landing, Hedi Bowl etc.
Matt
May 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. Great way to learn about certain parts in U.S. history.
Zelay Tarlue
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book talks about the beauty and evolution of the beloved thing called television.It brought comfort to thousands and thought many lessons that were valuable.
Belynda